arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) arbaazkhan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is it advisable to go from one day one muscle group routine to push/pull routine?

I have been working out for 1 year and 3 months, i have always followed one day one muscle group routine,, working out 6 days a week doing 5 exercises everyday 3 sets each.. i.e 15 sets everyday. I know it is advised to workout a muscle group 2wice or 3rice a week for beginners, but i choose one day one muscle routine and it kinda worked out for me since i have gained 30 pounds in a year. I have to get as big as i can in next 2 months, i am willing to change my routine, i was advised my a guy to follow push/pull/thighs routine, which makes sense but i have 2 doubts..
    1) Since i have been doing 15 sets for each muscle group everyday, will i get enough stimulus on doing half the number of sets?
    2)In one day one muscle routine i can give my 100% to every body part but in case of push and pull routine if i do chest first then shoulder and then triceps on a push day i will be giving 100% to chest and lifting lighter weights on shoulder and least on triceps (relative to what i can lift doing it first) .
    Please help me find the best routine for me.

faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10) faifer2k is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by arbaazkhan View Post
    I have been working out for 1 year and 3 months, i have always followed one day one muscle group routine,, working out 6 days a week doing 5 exercises everyday 3 sets each.. i.e 15 sets everyday. I know it is advised to workout a muscle group 2wice or 3rice a week for beginners, but i choose one day one muscle routine and it kinda worked out for me since i have gained 30 pounds in a year. I have to get as big as i can in next 2 months, i am willing to change my routine, i was advised my a guy to follow push/pull/thighs routine, which makes sense but i have 2 doubts..
    1) Since i have been doing 15 sets for each muscle group everyday, will i get enough stimulus on doing half the number of sets?
    2)In one day one muscle routine i can give my 100% to every body part but in case of push and pull routine if i do chest first then shoulder and then triceps on a push day i will be giving 100% to chest and lifting lighter weights on shoulder and least on triceps (relative to what i can lift doing it first) .
    Please help me find the best routine for me.
    1) Sure. Have you heard of Dorian Yates, multiple Mr. Olympia: He achieved his results by doing only 1 Workset per Muscle at the highest possible intensity. Most working and proven full-body routines do never exceed 15 sets. If you want to be as effective as possible, you have to minimize the catabolic effect of your workout -> keep it short

2) Who cares what weight your tired triceps lifts. Recruiting as many fibers in the muscle as possible and hitting it with the right intensity is everything whats needed to stimulate growth. You are lifting less after chest, shoulder because your triceps has tired out a good part of its fibers (they already got that growth stimulus) -> your taking care of the rest so the result is just the same