marko88 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Weak lateral deltoid problem - need help with it!

Hello guys and girls!

I've got one pretty bad problem with my shoulders.

My lateral deltoid is much weaker than anterior so I dropped my chest workout and front isolation excercises.

For 6 months I was doing only heavy one arm db rows (back delt, upper back) and lateral raises in exhausting drop sets (for lateral delt)... but results in increasing lateral head mass is pretty poor...

I need a real thing for that lateral head, something heavy enough to shock it but not involve anterior fibers.

My question is - is there any type of overhead press that will put way more stress on lateral heads than on anterior? (press is primary anterior movement, isn't it?)

Thanks

JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOHN GARGANI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by marko88 View Post
    Hello guys and girls!

I've got one pretty bad problem with my shoulders.

My lateral deltoid is much weaker than anterior so I dropped my chest workout and front isolation excercises.

and why did you drop them? what do they have to do with your "problem"??

For 6 months I was doing only heavy one arm db rows (back delt, upper back) and lateral raises in exhausting drop sets (for lateral delt)... but results in increasing lateral head mass is pretty poor...

ONLY doing that? nothing else at all??? and you are surprised at your results?

I need a real thing for that lateral head, something heavy enough to shock it but not involve anterior fibers.

My question is - is there any type of overhead press that will put way more stress on lateral heads than on anterior? (press is primary anterior movement, isn't it?)

Thanks

when done properly, with the correct mind muscle connection and focus, overhead pressing works the entire shoulder girdle.....supplementary lateral type raises are exactly that: SUPPLEMENTAL: pressing is what builds up your shoulders for the most part....

so DON'T leave it out, rather, learn how to do it correctly and visualize the ENTIRE shoulder muscles working together....

similar with lateral raises: when done improperly, they can become useless.....

DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DJAuto has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JOHN GARGANI View Post
    similar with lateral raises: when done improperly, they can become useless.....
    It is crucial to fully understand this last point John has made. Far too many lifters lift excessively heavy with lateral raises or simply use improper form.
    Bodybuilding is 60% training and 50% diet. Yes that adds up to 110%, because that's what you should be giving it. Change the inside, and the physique will follow.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Increase lateral delt volume and frequency over and above what's overpowering them, but don't totally stop the others.

It's you're eating a hot dog and are tasting too much hot dog flavor, you put a little more ketchup, mustard, and/or relish on it.

You don't just decide to eat spoonfuls of ketchup and relish.
    Time To Re-Schedule