Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

I'm turning 35 tommrow help!

Hello all. In the past when I frequented the board I posted in here more than anywhere else as people in the OV35 board had the most knowledge and the best attitude. Well as of tommorrow I'll be official! However over the last 2 years or so I've been injury riddled and unmotivated and have spent less time working out than I ever have. I am trying to motivate myself to make tommorow a turning point to start fixing myself.(Don't want to bring shame to the OV35 board) As a long time gym junkie I know what I need to do, I just need help to get psyched up to do it. I am going into this not to try to get back to my best lifts, but rather to loose some weight, get healthier in genreal, and have a better physique even if it means carrying less muscle for healths sake. As you all probably know just telling people that you are going to do something makes you a little more likely to succeed, as you don't want to not live up to what you said. At this point I'm not setting specific goals but after a few weeks of just shaking off the rust I will.

I'm asking you all to help me by posting telling me how you are in the best shape of your life at 50 (for example), any motivional pics you want to share (yourself or others, especially women hehe), by suggesting goals to set, or by just telling me to get my **** together.

Tonight will hopefully be my last crappy meal for a while and clean eating starts tommorow. I what I view as an act of fate, my fridge broke last week, so all the junk food got thrown out and I only restocked with "good" food. Order out one last time tonight, and then it is clean living!

I'll try to do my part by reposting progress in here, or maybe start a journal thread. As unappealing as it may be (for you folks) I'll try to post some current pics so that I can show off my progress that is sure to be had.

Thank you all for your time.
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Galactus has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So I just noticed on the side bar that apparently I'm only 33 now so I'll be 34 tommorow?!?! I don't even know how old I am??? How do people keep track of these things?? Well please accept me to your OV35 board anyway as I am 34 with Alzheimers and sincerly think that I am 35
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    I'm asking you all to help me by posting telling me how you are in the best shape of your life at 50
    Actually, 44.

And I used to play rugby from the ages of 14-32 so considered myself pretty fit back then.
    But now I can lift more, run more, swim more, am lighter and have the same pants size (30") as I did when I was 17. I'd probably even be a better rugby player if I wanted to join a senior side.

What's not to love about this lifestyle?

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Look at this thread OP....

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...6151613&page=1

Should be all the motivation and inspiration that you need.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As a long time gym junkie I know what I need to do, I just need help to get psyched up to do it.

Get on with it.

Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Tomsolomon111 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hello all. In the past when I frequented the board I posted in here more than anywhere else as people in the OV35 board had the most knowledge and the best attitude. Well as of tommorrow I'll be official! However over the last 2 years or so I've been injury riddled and unmotivated and have spent less time working out than I ever have. I am trying to motivate myself to make tommorow a turning point to start fixing myself.(Don't want to bring shame to the OV35 board) As a long time gym junkie I know what I need to do, I just need help to get psyched up to do it. I am going into this not to try to get back to my best lifts, but rather to loose some weight, get healthier in genreal, and have a better physique even if it means carrying less muscle for healths sake. As you all probably know just telling people that you are going to do something makes you a little more likely to succeed, as you don't want to not live up to what you said. At this point I'm not setting specific goals but after a few weeks of just shaking off the rust I will.

I'm asking you all to help me by posting telling me how you are in the best shape of your life at 50 (for example), any motivional pics you want to share (yourself or others, especially women hehe), by suggesting goals to set, or by just telling me to get my **** together.

Tonight will hopefully be my last crappy meal for a while and clean eating starts tommorow. I what I view as an act of fate, my fridge broke last week, so all the junk food got thrown out and I only restocked with "good" food. Order out one last time tonight, and then it is clean living!

I'll try to do my part by reposting progress in here, or maybe start a journal thread. As unappealing as it may be (for you folks) I'll try to post some current pics so that I can show off my progress that is sure to be had.

Thank you all for your time.

Nobody told you yet then?

michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) michail71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So I just noticed on the side bar that apparently I'm only 33 now so I'll be 34 tommorow?!?! I don't even know how old I am??? How do people keep track of these things?? Well please accept me to your OV35 board anyway as I am 34 with Alzheimers and sincerly think that I am 35
    I've actually forgotten my age before. I remember having to do the math one time. Though nobody really requires any more help turning 35 than they do at turning 25.

badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250) badclams has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Looks like you're on the right path friend, just forget about the "30 is over the hill" bulls#it ! Lot of us here are in the best shape of our lives now, stick around you're in good hands here. Take a stroll through your local Wal-Mart you'll probally be surprised at how good of shape you are at your elderly age.
    North Side Tac Jump Out Boys *1
    No, you cant call yo moma !

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You forgot how old you were?? :boggle:

I'd say start a journal. You have been here long enough to know that all the answers to your questions to get started are in the stickies.

Also, your sig is misleading. If that is you in the AVI I think you need to reevaluate your BF number. Not that it matters, it's just a number, but to give yourself a realistic goal.

Good luck and I'll look for your journal as Im sure progress will be made.

In my pic on here I was about 270 I think probably 23% BFish. I was down to just under 20 for a while last year. Why what you think based on the pic, just asking won't be offended. I carry all my fat in my torso. Even when I'm fat I usually have fairly good leg definition. Even the guy doing my testing when I was 15% years ago was like dude I can't even grab any skin on you thigh. (but yet I still had gyno, go figure)
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

B2Bivy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You mentioned injuries, and the best thing I can recommend is finding ways to work around them. If my left knee hurts when I go like that, I don't go like that. But at the same time I find a way that works that leg with no pain. There are multiple ways to work joints, and you simply have to find the one that doesn't stress an injury.

EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EB68 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Get off your arse and get in the gym NOW!!!! There you go
    Eric

PR's
    squat 335x1
    benchpress 245x1
    DB Benchpress 100'sx6
    Bent over rows 245x8
    deadlifts 445x1
    Military press 130x6
    Chin-ups BW+100x2
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144259741 My workout journal

Weighed in just now. Official starting weight is going to be 283.

B2Bivy- I don't have any particular permanent injuries other than my left shoulder. I have just always been injury prone even since I was a teen. I do have Gout though and that give me problems sometimes. I usually have about 1 flare up a year. Maybe a little less.

Again everyone thanks for your input.
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    You forgot how old you were?? :boggle:

I'd say start a journal. You have been here long enough to know that all the answers to your questions to get started are in the stickies.

Also, your sig is misleading. If that is you in the AVI I think you need to reevaluate your BF number. Not that it matters, it's just a number, but to give yourself a realistic goal.

Good luck and I'll look for your journal as Im sure progress will be made.
    His BF number is NOT off! this is Galactus-he eats entire worlds!
    life is hard, kid. you gotta be harder. you gotta take it on and fight for it and be a f***ing man about how you live it. if you're too much of a pussy to do that, then maybe you should leave, 'cause you're dead already

BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BDrum72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by B2Bivy View Post
    You mentioned injuries, and the best thing I can recommend is finding ways to work around them. If my left knee hurts when I go like that, I don't go like that. But at the same time I find a way that works that leg with no pain. There are multiple ways to work joints, and you simply have to find the one that doesn't stress an injury.
    These are words to live by! I have had my share of injuries to work around and if you do work around them without pain-you will be that much stronger.
    life is hard, kid. you gotta be harder. you gotta take it on and fight for it and be a f***ing man about how you live it. if you're too much of a pussy to do that, then maybe you should leave, 'cause you're dead already

Just following up as it has been about 2.5 months. Right after the initial post I got my annual gout attack which delayed things by about 3 weeks. Since then I have been in the gym regularly. 3-5 days a week. As much as I can get in that week. Diet was a little sketchy at first, but has been on point for 22 of the last 23 days, had one weak day. I had ballooned up to 290 (in part from laying around with gout), but am now back at just under 280, so a few pounds less than when I first posted. Definite progress in body recomposition though. Have lost about 4" off the most overbloated part of my gut. Am nowhere yet near my previous personal bests on any lift, but am making gains quickly. Not trying to push the max lifts to much as I don't want to get injured and suffer a setback. In the last week, my best lifts have been a 405 squat, 405 deadlift, and 325 bench.

Have gotten back into it enough now that I can get through what I consider a full workout with good intensity. Before I was sucking wind after about 6-7 sets. Now I'm getting in 20-28 sets most workouts depending on what muscle group combos I'm doing, plus about 30-45 minutes of cardio. Mostly constant medium intensity, although I felt good enough to throw in one HIIT day a week or two back, and that kicked my ass.

New goals to get to the next level are to make small tweaks to really dial in the diet, and start incorporating HIIT into every other cardio session.

Biggest success to date is kicking the soda habit. I had 2 cans that one day my diet was off but other than that no pop in the last 3 weeks+. I had previously been a 3-6 can a day drinker so this was huge. It was easier for me to quit cigarettes and ******* than it was high fructose corn syrup!!
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just following up as it has been about 2.5 months. Right after the initial post I got my annual gout attack which delayed things by about 3 weeks. Since then I have been in the gym regularly. 3-5 days a week. As much as I can get in that week. Diet was a little sketchy at first, but has been on point for 22 of the last 23 days, had one weak day. I had ballooned up to 290 (in part from laying around with gout), but am now back at just under 280, so a few pounds less than when I first posted. Definite progress in body recomposition though. Have lost about 4" off the most overbloated part of my gut. Am nowhere yet near my previous personal bests on any lift, but am making gains quickly. Not trying to push the max lifts to much as I don't want to get injured and suffer a setback. In the last week, my best lifts have been a 405 squat, 405 deadlift, and 325 bench.

Have gotten back into it enough now that I can get through what I consider a full workout with good intensity. Before I was sucking wind after about 6-7 sets. Now I'm getting in 20-28 sets most workouts depending on what muscle group combos I'm doing, plus about 30-45 minutes of cardio. Mostly constant medium intensity, although I felt good enough to throw in one HIIT day a week or two back, and that kicked my ass.

New goals to get to the next level are to make small tweaks to really dial in the diet, and start incorporating HIIT into every other cardio session.

Biggest success to date is kicking the soda habit. I had 2 cans that one day my diet was off but other than that no pop in the last 3 weeks+. I had previously been a 3-6 can a day drinker so this was huge. It was easier for me to quit cigarettes and ******* than it was high fructose corn syrup!!

Congrats on your accomplishments op. wtg
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000) ruckin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BloodySalad View Post
    Actually, 44.

And I used to play rugby from the ages of 14-32 so considered myself pretty fit back then.
    But now I can lift more, run more, swim more, am lighter and have the same pants size (30") as I did when I was 17. I'd probably even be a better rugby player if I wanted to join a senior side.

What's not to love about this lifestyle?
    If i can still play rugby when i am 44 i'll be the happiest man alive. Srs

Thanks pockets.

Just straight killed it in the gym last night. I'm splitting my cardio up into pre and post workout now. 20 minutes each. Doesn't seem as long that way and I can get better intensity for the 1st go around and then just grind it out for the second part. I think it is hurting my lifting just ever so slightly, but I'm more focused on weight loss so I think it is best this way for now. Down the line if I start closing in on my target look, I'll probably go back to all weights 1st and then cardio after. Did some HIIT again on the 1st session, felt great. With the weights I knocked a few pounds off some of the excercises, but really picked up the pace to create intensity. Had the first real good pump I've had since I started back. Probably one of the best I've had in a few years. Tri's were so pumped I could barely straigten my arm at the end.

I'm sure all of you can appreciate that feeling of being in the zone that day and really getting that pump. Sometimes even on great workout days you still just don't get that.

I was so ravished afterwords that even plain ol chicken breast and brown rice tasted stupid good.

Diet was english muffin with cheese for breakfast
    Chicken breast + wing grilled with rice mix with peas and carrots for lunch
    2 small chicken breasts (with BBQ sauce) with brown rice for dinner
    6 oz of nonfat yogurt with just a little granola for nighttime snack
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

Yeah finally starting to see the weight loss. Today is day 30 of the diet, and am now down 15 lbs from the start date. Old clothes are starting to fit again. Genereally no hunger and am in a rythym as far as my meal planning goes.

Last night was one of those nights were everybody in the gym was doing exactly what I wanted to do. I usually have 2-3 excersizes I could do next in my progression and every time I finished something all of the those next excersises were being used. Ugh. Couldn't get into a rythym and get any sort of pump. On the bright side I put up 315 on bench a little easier than 2 weeks ago, and I got 225 for 10 reps which is up 2 reps from 2 weeks ago, so even with the calorie deficiency I'm slowing gaining strenght on upper body. (losing strength on squats and deads though, I guess those just need the extra carbs)

I'm thinking 12 more weeks before I start to look pretty good, and about 7 months until great.
    Bench 335 x 4, 375 x 1
    Squat 455 x 2
    DL 495 x 4

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We can give you hope, but not motivation.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555