BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BEASTLy has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

How much glucosamine is TOO MUCH? for tendonitis

I have terrible tendonisitis.. I've just bought a bottle of glucosamine, I'm thinking baout taking 8,000mg to 10,000mg a day. I know its alot but i have been taking it before at 1,5000 mg and it did little to almost nothing. I was wondering if taking that much would be safe because numberous people have been telling me to take that much but i just want to be reassured.

FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10) FNULNU is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Regulatory Toxicology and Pharmacology
    Volume 47, Issue 1, February 2007, Pages 78-83
    Risk assessment for glucosamine and chondroitin sulfate
    John N. Hathcock and Andrew Shaoa

"evidence strongly supports safety at intakes up to 2000 mg/d for glucosamine"

The authors also conclude "Evidence from well-designed randomized, controlled human clinical trials indicates that the upper level of safety is 2000 mg/d for glucosamine" However, this is an interpretation of data, no scientific experiments confirm nor deny it at this point.

Take those high doses at your own risk.

ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ben3133 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    As the above poster's quoted article says 2000mg/d is the highest dosage that has been shown to be safe, I would stay below that. Although higher doses may not necessarily be toxic, they may cause diahorrea and nausea (too much glucosamine to be absorbed so the body gets rid of what is left in the gastrointestinal tract).

How long were you taking 1500mg/d for? The effects of glucosamine require time - the effects can take up to 4 weeks to start being noticed.
    Last edited by ben3133; 08-21-2007 at 05:16 AM.

dubano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dubano has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    hi

well taking 8000 mg is way to much, dont kill yourself

take the Glucosamine sulfate combined with Chondritin sulfate in ratio 5:4 (usually 1500mg GS, and 1200mg CS)

Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mr. Chainsaw has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    never heard of taking glucosamine for tendonitis, only for joint pain/health.

Rejuvem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BEASTLy View Post
    I have terrible tendonisitis.. I've just bought a bottle of glucosamine, I'm thinking baout taking 8,000mg to 10,000mg a day. I know its alot but i have been taking it before at 1,5000 mg and it did little to almost nothing. I was wondering if taking that much would be safe because numberous people have been telling me to take that much but i just want to be reassured.
    Glucosamine's benefits are limited to helping rebuild Cartilage, so it's good for your skin and for your joints. Studies have indicated that while safe at under 3000mg a day, anything over that and you risk killing pancreatic cells.
    Your best bet for tendinitis is to take something that's anti inflammatory. In foods the best is Kelp, Salmon, Turmeric, Shiitaki Mushrooms or Green Tea (or you could combine the first 4 into a nice meal, cooked with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, which is another FANTASTIC anti inflammatory and have the Green Tea to wash it down with....
    In Holistic Medicine the best is Krill Oil, Fish Oil or Cod Liver Oil.
    Over the counter there's Naproxen (Aleve), Ibuprofen (Advil) or if your stomach can't take either, then good old aspirin (not as effective as the first 2)