Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think Dolvetts team is just older, but look who was in it to win it last season. One of the oldest contestants, I think. I can't remember now, damn lack of carbs will do that to ya.

Im happier now. If I can save my castle, life will be almost complete!
    Workout Thread
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133556053

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bad.bull View Post
    I think Dolvetts team is just older, but look who was in it to win it last season. One of the oldest contestants, I think. I can't remember now, damn lack of carbs will do that to ya.
    They were split in into three age groups. The middle group (40's?) had the winner.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Im happier now. If I can save my castle, life will be almost complete!
    Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    They were split in into three age groups. The middle group (40's?) had the winner.
    I don't even remember that and I have all my carbs lol.
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20

Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000) Bad.bull is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    I don't even remember that and I have all my carbs lol.
    Now that is sad....LOL...
    Workout Thread

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Now that is sad....LOL...
    I know especially since it ended just before Christmas lol
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES

sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

With that said...YAY BL!!!! I'm cheering for Bob's team right now .... who are you rooting for fuller?
    I'll prob root for Bob since my wife thinks Dolvett is smokin hot. Now that's motivation!

I agree with you! They're not crying becuase they're FAT. They're crying becuase they're finally letting their emotions out instead of stuffing them back down deep with pizza and cream filled doughnuts!.... Also, realizing that you're more than just your weight and finding some sense of success in your life can cause tears of happiness! Props to YA Cactusflower!
    Taking it one day at a time. Seeking clarity everyday.
    U.S. Army '85 - '89 2nd ID, Korea; 4th ID C.S Co. Combat Engineers

Originally Posted by sfuller94 View Post
    I'll prob root for Bob since my wife thinks Dolvett is smokin hot. Now that's motivation!

I agree with you! They're not crying becuase they're FAT. They're crying becuase they're finally letting their emotions out instead of stuffing them back down deep with pizza and cream filled doughnuts!.... Also, realizing that you're more than just your weight and finding some sense of success in your life can cause tears of happiness! Props to YA Cactusflower!
    Monday night's at your house must be eventful lol. You should put a "scoreboard" lol.

Yea the tears can be such a release. For some it's the first time they are crying about an incident.

ROAD RACES

Monday night's at your house must be eventful lol. You should put a "scoreboard" lol.

Yea the tears can be such a release. For some it's the first time they are crying about an incident.
    I second this, competative at his household must be interesting.

I have to admit this and its bad. I just looked at people over weight, before this show as a person, who ate and just didn't want to be in shape. I didn't realize there were physchological issues. Now, when I see a person, I think...good for you, keep it up!
    Workout Thread

I have to admit this and its bad. I just looked at people over weight, before this show as a person, who ate and just didn't want to be in shape. I didn't realize there were physchological issues. Now, when I see a person, I think...good for you, keep it up!
    A lot of people think that way....and I did too once upon a time. The sad part is a lot of people still fail to realize this and just assume they want to be fat. That's not to say EVERY fat person, is willing to work and go through the discomfort it takes to get where they want. Like my signature says, wanting something and being committed to something are entirely different things we all want.

ROAD RACES

sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sfuller94 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm with ya Bad.bull! Before watching the show, I always looked at fat people as lazy and a burden on our health system. It can, and usually is, a LOT more complicated than we think. Death of a child or loved one. A divorce or cheating spouse. Troubles at work. The list goes on and on....and....seem to VALIDATE the success stories we read out here on BB.com. What we see on BL are the extreme cases.

I have a history of obesity in my family. It's something that used to embarrass me and I wouldn't bring my friends over to my house as a kid. So, the stories on BL hit home, all too often.

Fortunately, my fitness life really started when I joined the Army at the ripe old age of 19. I've not always taken the best care of myself but have ALWAYS been involved with some sort of physical fitness. But my new job took up a lot of time and was very stressful which was the catalyst for letting things go for the last couple of years. I've changed positions within the company and eliminated the stress. I can see where genetics were starting to take over. Now...back to lifting heavy things repetitively!

I'm with ya Bad.bull! Before watching the show, I always looked at fat people as lazy and a burden on our health system. It can, and usually is, a LOT more complicated than we think. Death of a child or loved one. A divorce or cheating spouse. Troubles at work. The list goes on and on....and....seem to VALIDATE the success stories we read out here on BB.com. What we see on BL are the extreme cases.

I have a history of obesity in my family. It's something that used to embarrass me and I wouldn't bring my friends over to my house as a kid. So, the stories on BL hit home, all too often.

Fortunately, my fitness life really started when I joined the Army at the ripe old age of 19. I've not always taken the best care of myself but have ALWAYS been involved with some sort of physical fitness. But my new job took up a lot of time and was very stressful which was the catalyst for letting things go for the last couple of years. I've changed positions within the company and eliminated the stress. I can see where genetics were starting to take over. Now...back to lifting heavy things repetitively!
    I have been lifting since junior year in high school, but never understood diet at all, therefore I made small progress. Been serious for 5 years now, understanding diet and exercise. Learning about what works and what doesn't, now I have co-workers, family and friends approaching me for advice. I can only give what I know. And if Im not sure, I either direct them to someone who can help or do more research and this site, as well as the friends I have made are a huge reason, Im more successful then ever before. Im even thinking about going back to school for Personal Trainer in Fitness. Not so much that I can put a price tag on what I give, but so I have a certificate and more training in this area.

If I see a person in the gym, doing an exercise wrong and I know, that you know what I mean. I take a couple mins. out of my workout. Go over there drop the weight show them how to do it. Let them get on the piece of equipment and help them, show them the correct way and hopefully they feel the muscles working. (mind-muscle connection). I mean if your gonna spend the money, shouldn't you at least do it right?
    Workout Thread

A lot of people think that way....and I did too once upon a time. The sad part is a lot of people still fail to realize this and just assume they want to be fat. That's not to say EVERY fat person, is willing to work and go through the discomfort it takes to get where they want. Like my signature says, wanting something and being committed to something are entirely different things we all want.
    We all see this now, its January, the gyms are pact. When they dont see results, they quit. If I see my co-workers doing this I get on them. I tell them "you didnt get this way overnight, your not gonna be in shape overnight". It take dedication and hardwork, but you can do it!
    Workout Thread

Yeah, like the old saying goes: With breakfast, the chicken was involved....the pig was committed!

Yeah, like the old saying goes: With breakfast, the chicken was involved....the pig was committed!
    lol I have never heard that.... what does it mean?

ROAD RACES

smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    lol I have never heard that.... what does it mean?
    Chicken was involved = gave up the eggs

Pig was committed = pig gave up the bacon
    Sean
    Proud father of 5
    US Navy Vet (93 - 01)

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. Psalm 40:2

My first workout journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139229543

Diehard fan!
    Kansas City Royals, Kansas City Chiefs, Missouri Mavericks, Missouri Tigers

Originally Posted by smharris1971 View Post
    Chicken was involved = gave up the eggs

Pig was committed = pig gave up the bacon
    I must be tired because I still don't get it lol

ROAD RACES

smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) smharris1971 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ROFL

Chickens lay eggs... they don't have to die for us to have breakfast (unless chicken is on the menu). So in this case the chicken was only involved.

Pigs are slaughtered to make bacon. So, the pig was TOTALLY committed!

Help any?
    Sean
    Proud father of 5
    US Navy Vet (93 - 01)

He lifted me out of the pit of despair, out of the mud and the mire. He set my feet on solid ground and steadied me as I walked along. Psalm 40:2

Diehard fan!

JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000) JoelM05 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The chicken was involved with breakfast, because she laid the eggs.

The pig was commited to breakfast, because he died for it.

I'm going to root for Dolvett's team, because they seem to be the underdogs.
    journal:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=124597541

I put my faith in the people, but the people let me down, so I turned the other way I carried on anyhow.

"Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.” Chief Tecumseh

ROFL

Chickens lay eggs... they don't have to die for us to have breakfast (unless chicken is on the menu). So in this case the chicken was only involved.

Pigs are slaughtered to make bacon. So, the pig was TOTALLY committed!

Help any?

oooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh *light goes on* lol

ROAD RACES

gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50) gradywatts will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've watched it for years. I was put off this season by one commercial. The Planet Fitness one. " I lift things up and put them down" how dare a show about fat people disrespect weightlifters? we know more about nutrition and dedication than most people, so saying that weightlifters are big and dumb, pissed me off. We don't have a planet fitness here in Montana, and I didn't realize that the majority of people actually look down on weightlifters.
    do not draw fire, it irritates everyone around you.

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by gradywatts View Post
    I've watched it for years. I was put off this season by one commercial. The Planet Fitness one. " I lift things up and put them down" how dare a show about fat people disrespect weightlifters? we know more about nutrition and dedication than most people, so saying that weightlifters are big and dumb, pissed me off. We don't have a planet fitness here in Montana, and I didn't realize that the majority of people actually look down on weightlifters.
    Hey, whoever pays the bills.

Black Lives Matter elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) elterrible987 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Julian Michaels is hawking some kind of garbage diet pills. I think its sad that someone who knows that they are worthless is ok to put her name on them to make a buck off of people who dont know any better when she tries to promote herself as someone who wants to help those uneducated on fitness. All the books and TV shows didnt make enough money so she has to sell diet pills with synephrine and caffeine in them? That is asking for a heart attack from one of her 400 pound followers.

tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50) tacdgb will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am a HUGH BL fan. I have watched every show. I love to see people have good sucess in life. I can relate to what they are going through. I too cried when I was fat. I too was miserable with my weight. I love the fact that they try to get to the emotional reasons behind why they eat. I too am an emotional eater and I had to heal so I could move on. I believe that BL is showing the us that their is a weight epedemic out there and we need to deal with it.

NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NYkarate is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Brackneyc View Post
    Exploitation and manipulation of fat people.
    This I agree with.

crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) crupiea has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You see I never cried when i was 100 lbs heavier and didnt feel bad about it either.

The reason i was fat was because i was eating mexican food a few times per week plus candy, burgers, you name it.

of course i would drink a 30 pack of beer at a minimum each week also. if I had extra days off i would drink then as well. My wife had left me a few years prior so i was in full party mode.

So what I am saying is that life was actually very good for me.

What got me was when I came back from vegas and saw some pictures of myself. i looked pretty darned fat so i decided to do something about it.

i cried knowing that I couldnt drink beer 3 times per week anymore. of course I still drank for the first few months until i realized i wasnt getting the results i wanted.
    "To be a warrior is not a simple matter of wishing to be one. It is rather an endless struggle that will go on to the very last moment of our lives. Nobody is born a warrior, in exactly the same way that nobody is born an average man. We make ourselves into one or the other."-- Carlos Castaneda

Originally Posted by crupiea View Post
    You see I never cried when i was 100 lbs heavier and didnt feel bad about it either.

The reason i was fat was because i was eating mexican food a few times per week plus candy, burgers, you name it.

of course i would drink a 30 pack of beer at a minimum each week also. if I had extra days off i would drink then as well. My wife had left me a few years prior so i was in full party mode.

So what I am saying is that life was actually very good for me.

What got me was when I came back from vegas and saw some pictures of myself. i looked pretty darned fat so i decided to do something about it.

i cried knowing that I couldnt drink beer 3 times per week anymore. of course I still drank for the first few months until i realized i wasnt getting the results i wanted.
    How nice for you, as I stated before these contestants are dealing with deep emotional hurts they have never dealt with or faced head on. The fact your wife left you and you went on a party binge and gained 100lbs coincidence ? I think not. I'm not a psychologist but I would say it's pretty obvious (whether you believe it or not) that's how you dealt with her leaving you. I have cried about my "weight" when really it's been about WHAT caused the weight gain and it was always for reasons deeper than the food. The food was my drug of choice. The contestants are extreme examples as someone said before. Watch the show, don't watch the show I could care less. I like it, I can ironically identify with some of them so for me it is a "feel good" show.

ROAD RACES

Finally saw the premiere last night. Interesting things going on this season, and some interesting contestants. I was shocked that Ben was "ready" to go home, but with nine children and one on the way I guess I can understand him wanting to be home. I just hope for his sake, and his family's sake, he can keep losing the weight and keep it off!
    Sean
    Proud father of 5
    US Navy Vet (93 - 01)

Diehard fan!

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The show is disgusting and as mentioned previously, Hollywood exploitation at it's finest. This show isn't helping anyone. The methods used to help lose weight are dangerous, and unsustainable.

The show gives a poor impression of what it takes to improve and maintain health.

Finally saw the premiere last night. Interesting things going on this season, and some interesting contestants. I was shocked that Ben was "ready" to go home, but with nine children and one on the way I guess I can understand him wanting to be home. I just hope for his sake, and his family's sake, he can keep losing the weight and keep it off!
    So was I!!!!!! I think had he stayed he would have been a freaking BEAST! They showed him now and he has lost weight but I hope he can reach his full potential at home.

ROAD RACES

So was I!!!!!! I think had he stayed he would have been a freaking BEAST! They showed him now and he has lost weight but I hope he can reach his full potential at home.
    Exactly!!!
    Sean
    Proud father of 5
    US Navy Vet (93 - 01)

Diehard fan!