mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

binge eating problem

For the last month I have had frequent episodes of extreme binging, eating more then 4000 calories above tdee. Now I am not the biggest but I am around 15% bf and want to cut down to 8 before bulking again. This might sound weird but i noticed i tend to binge whenever my sister or mother bake :s. Today I was on a strict diet, got home and saw that my sister made a cake. I ate half of it, a pack of m&m, 2 pbj sandwiches and much, much more. The problem is as long as i stay away from the food I am fine but as soon as I have the tinest bite of anything sugary I go absolutly mad. Even my parents are getting worried because I tend to "compensate" the binges with 24 hour fasts the following day. Its hard trying to stay clean with family around. How do you guys do it?

Up and at 'em at 3:30am APipeDream's Avatar
    APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000) APipeDream is just really nice. (+1000)
    My first cut went a little like this. Hard to say what did it for me, but I just stopped. Self-control...bro. I have heard certain sugary foods make you want more of it, but not sure on that so take it with a grain of salt.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    130lb male? Stop cutting and start eating more.

You appear to be developing an Eating disorder in the form of Starve/Binge cycling. I'd recommend seeking professional help.
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) slazhblade has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you on a low carb diet OP? I had the same problem when cut carbs too low.

Choc Milk Connoisseur SacramentoZach's Avatar
    SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    130lbs and your binging/starving yourself.

There's an eating disorder sticky to check out.

Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50) Olegru will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SacramentoZach View Post
    130lbs and your binging/starving yourself.

There's an eating disorder sticky to check out.
    Was about to say...

SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250) SacramentoZach has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Build a healthier relationship with food, OP or this will be a constant cycle that will spiral way out of control.

unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250) unleashthelion has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Do you routinely avoid sweets and your favorite foods when you eat your TDEE or do you enjoy them in moderation and also binge on them, from time to time?
    Started 2012 at over 410lbs (that was as high as my scale went) and I ended the year at 260lbs.

Still going strong while eating whatever I want - whenever I want; I just keep it to under 2000 calories a day.

TEAM IIFYC (if it fits your calories)

mccollard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had a similar problem to where I would go a full day of binging just like that, then tend to eat much much less the following day hoping to compensate for the previous day. All sorts of wrong on that one. It's an eating disorder like others have stated, however you can overcome this. After competing on stage for the first time I found it hard to cut again after my bulk. I know this is going to be repetitive information most likely, but you have to set yourself up with a steady diet and make sure you're ready to attack it with everything you've got. I find that after the first 3 days of the diet, your body starts to sort of go back to its original state of mind and eating habits. Stay strong mentally bud.
    Mitchell Charles Collard

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had binge eating disorder for a long time and yeah, it sounded a lot like what ur going through. No doubt it's a viscous cycle and dangerous. Please seek counseling from someone...a professional, clergy if ur religious, a teacher if ur school, someone with experience. Break the cycle OP. Recovery is urs for the taking.

Actually, what ended up helping me (and trust me, I know there's no scientific reason to do this) was eating 6 smaller meals a day. I wasnt bingeing on one meal bc I knew a few hours from then I was going to eat again. Also, I've become a huge believer of IIFYM and everything in moderation. This way, u don't cut out any foods from ur diet at all and ur body doesn't ever feel deprived of anything.
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

SmellyMoot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Did you know.. it takes 21 full days to learn a habbit? Good/bad

mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mamosixx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Last year I cut 44 lbs and was practically starving myself but did not have this problem. However I had more cheatmeals I think. I am just scared to get fat again and counting calories has become a habit so I never do a dirty bulk or when I overeat I try to compensate by eating less the next day. In terms of diet I take in 60 fat, 70-80 carbs and 140 protein a day. I just cant control my binges and I think it might be because I have less cheat meals than I did last year. And yes since I am relitavly low carb I tend to only have a higher carb meal (40g) post workout so have no room for treats

The binges are also often not even dirty foods such as sweets and high sugar foods but just higher carb such as pbj sandwiches or big bowl of oatmeal. Its the carbs I am craving but I dont think that with 70 carbs (which isnt that low for my height and weight/needs) that I should give myself a refeed.

OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50) OneHandClap will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mamosixx View Post
    Last year I cut 44 lbs and was practically starving myself but did not have this problem. However I had more cheatmeals I think. I am just scared to get fat again and counting calories has become a habit so I never do a dirty bulk or when I overeat I try to compensate by eating less the next day. In terms of diet I take in 60 fat, 70-80 carbs and 140 protein a day. I just cant control my binges and I think it might be because I have less cheat meals than I did last year. And yes since I am relitavly low carb I tend to only have a higher carb meal (40g) post workout so have no room for treats

The binges are also often not even dirty foods such as sweets and high sugar foods but just higher carb such as pbj sandwiches or big bowl of oatmeal. Its the carbs I am craving but I dont think that with 70 carbs (which isnt that low for my height and weight/needs) that I should give myself a refeed.
    I don't know your TDEE, but I'm going to guess that you binge because you consume 1400 calories per day.
    Why are you still cutting anyway?

Originally Posted by OneHandClap View Post
    I don't know your TDEE, but I'm going to guess that you binge because you consume 1400 calories per day.
    Why are you still cutting anyway?
    My tdee is around 1800, and I am 13-15% bf and want to get down to 8-10 before bulking again

bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodybuilder03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your definitely not headed in a good direction with this. It's quite common to develope an issue like this when losing a significant amount of weight due to the fear of not wanting to put that weight back on, then you more often then not you do more damage to your metabolism and body by fasting and binging, which can lead to beating down your metabolism. It's extremely hard sometimes but self control and getting a consistent diet plan together is vital. You just need to start out simple and build your metabolism up, which at 130lbs you should have a decent metabolism. But maybe try having two days a week for example that you allow yourself to have a few "treats" to help sooth those cravings but only allot your self a certain amount, it's obviously sounds easier than done, but you just do not want to get any deeper into this, as said above..this can really develope into an unhealthy and dangerous habit...good luck with this and be strong.
    AI Sports Nutrition Dir. of Sales/Marketing

Save 20% off on all AI Sports Nutrition products when you go to checkout all month long.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm

********.com/AISportsNutrition

Subscribe to our newsletter at http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

Registered User JayScottFitness's Avatar
    JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000) JayScottFitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's a very fine line we balance when getting lean. I have this problem as well, but you can overcome it. Try to find out what fits your personality the best - is it just a bit of junk every day? Like a pop tart post workout or a few cookies after your "healthy" macros have been accounted for. Or is it one responsible meal a week - pizza (3-4 slices). Everyone is different and these are just hypothetical - you have to eat to be happy and attain your goals. Eating disorders are very painful and you definitely need to find your answer. My personal answer is eating healthy but allowing some tasty foods when I get all my protein/fats/carbs etc. Also I allow calories for going out with friends and having a normal dinner now and then (I'll eat a bit less earlier in the day on those days). Also I usually loosen up on Saturday a bit (A BIT haha) and have some tasty foods. I wish you luck - this is a hard thing to overcome and find balance with!

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My tdee is around 1800, and I am 13-15% bf and want to get down to 8-10 before bulking again
    Why? You're already at an unhealthy bodyweight for a male.
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

C'mon man that's getting a little scary. To go from 13-8% you need to lose another 6lbs of pure fat. So realistically your going to be sub 120lbs.

As a male that is just too low.

BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BB2K has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just eat more clean foods bro. gain some nice muscle mass before you cut. When i cut if my fat grams are to low i get cravings and binge so check your fat intake but honestly, just eat a shyt ton of good high protein foods and grow.

Originally Posted by SacramentoZach View Post
    C'mon man that's getting a little scary. To go from 13-8% you need to lose another 6lbs of pure fat. So realistically your going to be sub 120lbs.

As a male that is just too low.
    considering that last year around the same bodyfat i was 112lbs means i put on 8 lbs in 7 months so I am actually quite happy

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    considering that last year around the same bodyfat i was 112lbs means i put on 8 lbs in 7 months so I am actually quite happy
    8lbs in 7 months....with your height Im not sure if that good or not, sorry.
    Eat the damn yolk.

Statechamps3x4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Statechamps3x4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Statechamps3x4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just finished a comp and my final week before Peak week i was under 1100 calories a day, working out and doing cardio 2x. i began a binging habit a couple months before my comp and even in my reverse diet still struggle but i realized i was headed towards an eating disorder because i would binge, feel guilty, go do extra cardio, fast etc. I ate 6 meals a day but to me i was controlled by the clock and never really full. I was always waiting for my next meal. I just started intermittent fasting and I am incorporating IIFYM into this. I eat from 1-8p and fast the rest of the time and to be honest i feel alot healthier mentally and physically. For 1, I know i cant eat between my fasting hours so i dont... (dont ask me why thats different than me saying no to a cookie cuz i know i cant eat it...but it works for me) and for 2...i get to eat a much larger meal when i break the fast and i finally feel full. Then dinner and then my casein meal/treat when i eat a skinny cow, or a poptart or some cookies or something that lets me satisfy my craving AFTER hitting my macros/micros and knowing i have a little room left. Im not saying that both IF/IIFYM is the answer but hit your macros in whatever time or however meals you eat but let yourself have that 1 or 2 treats. I personally think that you need to stop your cut though until you get it under control. I have had a hard time getting out of comp mode (my comp was 3 wks ago) and realizing i am going to lose my lines a little but i need to to put on size. I know you want to cut but you need to think of your overall health both physical and mental. Your carbs are insanely low to me despite being a higher fat diet. I really think you should incorporate some more carbs because clearly that is what you are craving...

when I was binging- it was often on stuff like PB or a cookie because i was really low fat and I believe my body was craving that fat.
    listen to your body....
    Wing through the desert skies
    Revive from ashes and rise...

My new life of fitness and health was born January 2013.
    No one will stop me from achieving what I want.