hutina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weighted ab exercises

Ladies, do you do weighted ab exercises or only body weight? I'm by no means looking for a 6 pack, just the line in the middle and sides (at least to start with).

Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Gijss is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by hutina View Post
    Ladies, do you do weighted ab exercises or only body weight? I'm by no means looking for a 6 pack, just the line in the middle and sides (at least to start with).
    Cable crunches in my opinion. Has worked really really well for me.

Location: Heraklion, Crete, living in....., United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    bikinikel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I personally do more body weight cruches than cable abs, but i do do them every now and then with the rope . Even if i dont want a larger prodruding 6 pac, i dont want to lose body fat and have an unmatching mid section. its not going to go boooooom overnight with weights , so i think its something worth doing :-)
    Do you really think this arse came out of a vending machine ??? I kid you not

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hutina View Post
    The lines and defintion happens when you lower bodyfat, which goes back to diet. I do very little ab work, but when I do...Floor wipers, weighted rope crunch and ab wheel.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000) DaniGrrl is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I take an abs class and that is the only direct stuff I do for my abs. It is mostly body weight things, but we use a dumbbell for some of the moves and the dumbbell is optional. I always use it if it's an option. We hit the abs from every angle and I've gotten great results, but my abs will disappear probably in a few weeks when I gain a few more pounds. I'll see them again when I cut next time.
    Danielle xoxo

#TEAM HYPE

Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Botika has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I use the hammer strength ab crunch machine. You bring your legs up and your torso down at the same time so they get worked!!

megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) megdaig is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do non-weighted. Don't want to get any thicker in the waist.
    Coming out of "retirement"...Meg is training for a Figure competition...again!!!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171008551&pagenumber=

My first ever training journal: Oh snap....Meg-O's training for a Figure comp...
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139228463

hutina has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    The lines and defintion happens when you lower bodyfat, which goes back to diet. I do very little ab work, but when I do...Floor wipers, weighted rope crunch and ab wheel.
    I understand that a huge chunk of ab definition is diet. But when I think about it logically, doesn't it make sense that you would need a foundation of muscles underneath the fat for ab definition also? I have minimal definition now and I definitely need to lose more body fat. Another issue is that I feel like I am never sore after an ab day, although at the time of the workout I've pushed myself to failure already..

Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Emma23 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Diet diet diet diet is all I keep hearing from everyone in regards to abs!

EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250) EllenRipley has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I don't know how's the machine called - the one you hold yourself on your elbows, lower arms and hands and back straight so your legs drop free down and you lift them up, remember? I lift them up, but hold them horizontal then only drop the lower legs up and down holding weight between the ankles, so the movement is from your knees only - it works great! Right now I do it with 8 pounds, could go up to 12 for now! Also on the bench supported your legs and on 45 degrees at least dropping your upper body down you can always pick some weight in going up, even mix it with exercise for upper arms for example.
    you are what you eat

lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000) lilramm is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do very little ab work, if any. Diet is what will make them show up, the leaner you are the more you will see abs.
    Wasn't on here for awhile…. had my son in October of 2013 and now I'm back!!!!

sarahrammfit.wordpress.com
    instagram @sarahramm

JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JeniM has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do weighted rope crunches and then the rest of my ab workouts are bodyweight only.

townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10) townes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As far as I know, weighted ab exercises add mass to your abs. They are not going to contour or shape your abs in any way other than adding size. Sure some will disagree, but the bast route is honestly the usual crunches, sit-ups, and all other variations. The honest answer though is bf%. The lower it gets the more it will show. Good luck with everything!

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by townes View Post
    As far as I know, weighted ab exercises add mass to your abs. They are not going to contour or shape your abs in any way other than adding size. Sure some will disagree, but the bast route is honestly the usual crunches, sit-ups, and all other variations. The honest answer though is bf%. The lower it gets the more it will show. Good luck with everything!
    face meet palm
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.

Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000) Romina81 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I do weighted rope crunch and weighted leg lifts with a dumbell between feet on a bench.
    Bodyweight hanging leg raises also.
    Seeing some improvements but I like to do them because it keeps my core strong for squats and other exercises.

srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50) srb04e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It depends... I do mostly body weight abs because my abs are already thick so I just focus on the contraction and do them very slowly. Now I'd you are lean and want to make your abs thicker I would suggest doing weighted Abs twice a week.
    IFBB Bikini Pro
    NFPT & NESTA Certified Personal Trainer
    CEO BamBody Nutrition
    Official Formutech Nutrition Athlete
    Www.formutechnutrition.com

Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Merra has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by townes View Post
    I'm one of those who will disagree, for nice looking abs, than yes crunch will suffice but I'm a big believer in flutter kicks, planks, and Russian twists, are better on actually building the stabilization capability between the bottom of your ribcage, and the top of your pelvis.