Crusher80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crusher80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crusher80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Can someone please explain this MRI report to me?

Can someone please explain this MRI report to me? My doctor went over it with me but I just want to hear what you fellas think:

FINDINGS: There has been interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination of the posterior fibers of the distal supraspinatus tendon and the anterior fibers of the distal infraspinatus tendon extending from the musculotendinous junction to their insertion on the greater tuberosity. The interstitial tears are superimposed on changes of supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendinosis. There is no full thickness supraspinatus or infraspinatus tendon tear at this time and no clearcut extension of the interstitial tear to the bursal surface or infraspinatus tendon tear at this time and no clear cut extension of the interstitial tear to the bursal surface or to the articular surface at this time.

IMPRESSION: Interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination involving the posterior fibers of the distal supraspinatus tendon and the anterior fibers of the distal infraspinatus tendon extending from the musculotendinous junction to their insertion on the greater tuberosity. There is no full thickness rotator cuff tear and no clearcut extension of the interstitial tear to the articular surface or the bursal surface at this time.

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Aren't radiology reports absolutely pointless to a patient? To me it sounds like you have micro tears in 2 major RC muscles, causing you to basically have RC tendonitis. No RC tear and no inflammation of your bursa sack. That's my quick analysis, although I doubt I'm right. Good luck.
    My recovery journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123572831

Crusher80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crusher80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Crusher80 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It says "There has been interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination..."

What does 'interval development' mean?

What does 'tendon delamination' mean?

It also says "The interstitial tears are superimposed on changes of supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendinosis."

What does 'superimposed' mean?

RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RyanGrob has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Crusher80 View Post
    It says "There has been interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination..."

What does 'interval development' mean?

What does 'tendon delamination' mean?

It also says "The interstitial tears are superimposed on changes of supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendinosis."

What does 'superimposed' mean?
    Internal Development - well, I can only assume that it's happened within your body and has developed from it's initial injury:P

Tendon Delamniation - I think this means that the tendon has been receiving repeated stress (probably lifting weights?) causing the tears to appear.

Interstitial tears mean they are confined within the ligiment, and superimposed means they are layered, one on top of the other.

Interstitial tears I believe can be healed without surgery, so I would be happy you didn't do a full or even a partial.

Originally Posted by RyanGrob View Post
    Internal Development - well, I can only assume that it's happened within your body and has developed from it's initial injury:P
    Actually I said INTERVAL not INTERNAL. What does INTERNAL development mean?

Also, in your opinion, based on this MRI report, should this be causing my shoulder to be in extreme pain when I do these motions and strength tests?:

http://www.maitrise-orthop.com/corpu...oileau/29d.jpg

http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000515/3079_f4.jpg

It also KILLS if I do these motions (with NO weight):

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...lRotation.html

http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/...ntOverRow.html

If any of you other fellas have an opinion on this, I could definitely use your help.
    Last edited by Crusher80; 03-29-2008 at 06:56 PM.

Whoops, guess I didn't read well enough. Interval development probably means the damage has been done in intervals and over time, rather than one sudden impact causing all the current damage.

Yes, those put stress on the affected areas and in result, would cause pain.

Thanks RyanGrob, I appreciate your responses. You obviousluy know your stuff. Are you in the medical field?

If anyone else wants to add anything I would love to hear it.

Thanks RyanGrob, I appreciate your responses. You obviousluy know your stuff. Are you in the medical field?

If anyone else wants to add anything I would love to hear it.
    No problem. No, my mom is a nurse though Good luck with your RC. Rest and a good rehab program should get you back on your feet soon enough.

Let me ask this:

I used to be into amateur boxing so I've thrown punches recently to see which ones hurt. When I throw punches right now I can pretty much throw them with some pain but not excruciating. HOWEVER, there is one punch that puts me in EXCRUCIATING LEVEL 10 PAIN...and that is when I throw an uppercut.

Can someone explain why when I throw an uppercut I'm put in EXCRUCIATING LEVEL 10 PAIN but when I throw other punches it doesn't hurt as bad? Is that consistant with the MRI findings? Don't get me wrong when I throw other punches it hurts like hell but NOTHING compared to when I throw an uppercut.

Let me ask this:

I used to be into amateur boxing so I've thrown punches recently to see which ones hurt. When I throw punches right now I can pretty much throw them with some pain but not excruciating. HOWEVER, there is one punch that puts me in EXCRUCIATING LEVEL 10 PAIN...and that is when I throw an uppercut.

Can someone explain why when I throw an uppercut I'm put in EXCRUCIATING LEVEL 10 PAIN but when I throw other punches it doesn't hurt as bad? Is that consistant with the MRI findings? Don't get me wrong when I throw other punches it hurts like hell but NOTHING compared to when I throw an uppercut.
    My guess is, do an uppercut and feel behind your shoulder, in the area of your upper lats. Feel how when you do the uppercut, that area gets tense and your muscles pull up in that area? That area houses the infraspinatus and supraspinatus, both of which for your case have interstitial tears.

Thanks bro. You sure know a lot about this stuff.

Anyone else? What do the rest of you fellas think?

BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BradleyS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I take it you went in for another MRI after the labral repair Crusher?

zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50) zjp6050 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Let me ask this:

your injury may be related to your boxing. tendons and ligaments are like rubber-bands, if you continuously stretch a rubber band for long periods of time - it wares down. same case with your arm i'm guessing. if it's a tendon issue, it can heal. if it's a ligament - most likely needing surgical repair unless it's not too bad. and if it hurts on your uppercut it may have something to do with your supraspinatus muscle insertion.

Anyone else wanna interpret this MRI report for me?
    Last edited by Crusher80; 03-30-2008 at 05:31 PM.

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can someone please explain this MRI report to me? My doctor went over it with me but I just want to hear what you fellas think:

FINDINGS: There has been interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination of the posterior fibers of the distal supraspinatus tendon and the anterior fibers of the distal infraspinatus tendon extending from the musculotendinous junction to their insertion on the greater tuberosity. The interstitial tears are superimposed on changes of supraspinatus and infraspinatus tendinosis. There is no full thickness supraspinatus or infraspinatus tendon tear at this time and no clearcut extension of the interstitial tear to the bursal surface or infraspinatus tendon tear at this time and no clear cut extension of the interstitial tear to the bursal surface or to the articular surface at this time.

IMPRESSION: Interval development of interstitial tear with tendon delamination involving the posterior fibers of the distal supraspinatus tendon and the anterior fibers of the distal infraspinatus tendon extending from the musculotendinous junction to their insertion on the greater tuberosity. There is no full thickness rotator cuff tear and no clearcut extension of the interstitial tear to the articular surface or the bursal surface at this time.
    A tear that runs within the tendon and parallel to it, rather than perpendicular to it. Delamination means that layers of the tendon have separated.

A type of tissue degeneration, and there are other changes of degeneration / inflammation present.
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au