Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not going to lie, this is something I have struggled with.

I now plan out what I want, write it down, check it off when I'm done, and move on. If I think I might overeat, I share with others. This keeps me accountable, and doesn't allow me to fool myself.

joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I guess it is pretty dysfunctional. But i just daydream about being able to eat without limiting quantity...and the best way i can of that would be self-limiting would be to limit it to a single food. But, maybe it's not a good idea.

jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com nacersusaf's Avatar
    nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nacersusaf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ShaunaCat View Post
    ^ This, times ten.
    Ditto... You should be able to live and enjoy yourself on occasion and keep a healthy balance. If you find that you're fantasizing about your next planned binge, perhaps you're being too restrictive day-to-day.
    Owner, JS Fitness Solutions
    www.jsfitnesssolutionsllc.com

Magnum Nutraceuticals Athlete
    hardmagnum.com

rapideyes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to really struggle with diet, eating really healthy for 2-3weeks then binging terribly when I couldn't resist any more. Now what I do is once a week I have one cheat meal. This is almost always me eating out with friends. I eat clean the rest of the day and just have that one meal. Sometimes I'll plan what I want to have (like looking up the menu online and picking what I want to eat in advance).

There's also plenty of ways to control a cheat meal. Like drinking loads of diet soda or water with what you eat, eating slowly. I can be a bit self conscious about eating in front of people so eating the meal with friends makes it a lot easier and if you really want something but don't want to eat it all you can always share it around the group.

t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) t12jm is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you can't currently limit the amount of a certain food you eat (like just a 1/2 cup of ice cream, or just 3 oreos), that's your problem. Instead of looking for ways around your problem, fix your problem.

If eating those foods sparks such intense craving for more that you're overcome by it, you can either a) confront the psychological problem and attempt to defeat it, or b) avoid those foods altogether. Choice "a" is obviously the tougher, yet healthier route.
    America's Team Always - Dallas Cowboys

"Who is wise? He who learns from every man."

adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) adean1989 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cheat days - justifying a binge with a week's worth of restriction. Moderation is too hard /wrists.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret"

- BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences, UCL '11 (2:1)

Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Well this time last week I was consuming probably 4000+ calories, binging on anything I could find even rice and bread :L I wanted carbs and I was a monster on them!

However, with the help of others on community forums I found that I was NOT eating enough for my body so this week I counted calories and ate around maintenance (2500) sometimes at a surplus to help stimulate muscle growth and today I felt temptation kicking in as guests came around bringing lots of treats including my all time favorite cad-bury eggs ;_; . On the other hand, I wasn't a monster this time and I DID feel full after having 10 small chocolate eggs (150 calories) and a creamy egg (185 calories) so I think I can rule 'binging' out now if I eat enough during the week. I'm proud with myself :P I'll consider this a cheat day as I actually only went above maintenance by 200 calories so I guess it's not really that bad because technically I'm bulking anyway?? (Sort of, I'm trying out stuff with my body first to identify my maintenance calorie intake).

Hope you find a creative strategy to help you OP.

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, it's clear to me after reading your posts that you have an eating disorder.

Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000) Dead Cell is just really nice. (+1000)
    Everyday is a cheat day for me.

joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joyce261 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FitnessCPA View Post
    OP, it's clear to me after reading your posts that you have an eating disorder.
    Well yeah...like about 75% of the people on this forum, i tend to binge eat when i "fall off the wagon" from my diet. I finally faced the fact that i can't control myself around sugar. I would rather just not eat it than eat one slice of cake. I'm not saying i've ever in my life eaten a whole cake...but usually the pattern is (when i've had a cheat day) i'll eat a slice of cake...then think hmmm i want something else...eat some peanut butter out of the jar...couple pieces of chocolate...another 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter...another slice of cake...before you know it the meal has reached 3000 calories.

FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FitnessCPA has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joyce261 View Post
    Well yeah...like about 75% of the people on this forum, i tend to binge eat when i "fall off the wagon" from my diet. I finally faced the fact that i can't control myself around sugar. I would rather just not eat it than eat one slice of cake. I'm not saying i've ever in my life eaten a whole cake...but usually the pattern is (when i've had a cheat day) i'll eat a slice of cake...then think hmmm i want something else...eat some peanut butter out of the jar...couple pieces of chocolate...another 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter...another slice of cake...before you know it the meal has reached 3000 calories.
    I used to be the same way regarding falling off the wagon and then saying "Oh screw it, I blew it already." But when I started counting calories and macros, it kept me in line. If I go over by 500 calories, I could still make it up in another meal or another day. Go over by 3,000 and it's tough to make that up.

Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mozitski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Dead Cell View Post
    Everyday is a cheat day for me.
    Then how are you so ripped?!

Originally Posted by Mozitski View Post
    Then how are you so ripped?!
    Maybe he really, really loves broccoli and can't stand anything fried, greasy, sweet, or high in calories.

But I doubt that.

davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) davidli2012 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    but usually the pattern is (when i've had a cheat day) i'll eat a slice of cake...then think hmmm i want something else...eat some peanut butter out of the jar...couple pieces of chocolate...another 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter...another slice of cake...before you know it the meal has reached 3000 calories.
    2 things I've thought of that have helped me: Brush your teeth after you have all you intend to eat. (If you're eating out, then carry floss or a little bottle of mouthwash in your bag). The minty freshness helps you resist eating anything else.

Also, don't put delicious food up on a pedestal. Don't develop a ritual where the food is practically worshiped and the mechanism for worship is a cheat day. Allow a bit more leniency in your meals day-to-day.
    Currently using Gaspari MyoFusion Probiotic Series

Training areas of emphasis: symmetry (strength and size), biceps

Message me if you have any suggestions

Originally Posted by FitnessCPA View Post
    Maybe he really, really loves broccoli and can't stand anything fried, greasy, sweet, or high in calories.

But I doubt that.
    I doubt that too!

I just had 644 calories worth of cookies (4 chocolate chip cookies) according to caloriecount.about.com FML... Although it is much better than what I would have had if I was on a binge I still feel bad for doing it.

Cardio day today you reckon??

Originally Posted by davidli2012 View Post
    Also, don't put delicious food up on a pedestal. Don't develop a ritual where the food is practically worshiped and the mechanism for worship is a cheat day. Allow a bit more leniency in your meals day-to-day.
    YES this was my problem! I realized it last night. I fell off the wagon and binged. I mostly ate healthy food (because that's all i had) but at the end, when i was already pretty full, i ate some cake. It didn't even taste good because i wasn't hungry. I realized that there is nothing that great about sugar. ANYTHING tastes good when you're super hungry. I've been doing IF and i realized whatever you eat first after a fast (i usually eat an apple) tastes ****ING DELICIOUS. If i were to eat cake after a fast of course it would be delicious. Therefore i'm not going to do that. Because there is nothing great about it. Soooo glad i realized this.

Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Flex500 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    anytime i've cheated in the past it's been, simply put, disastrous. i can eat 3000 calories' worth of sugar in a cheat meal.

i also worry about getting back on track if i eat sugar. (i've been working really hard lately to stay away from sugar because i basically cannot stop once i start).

this is going to sound like a really dumb idea, but it's just an idea, i'm not sure i'm really going to do it...if i do want to have a cheat day, maybe i can pick ONE sugary item and only eat that for the entire day. as much as i want. either chocolate cake or cheesecake (for example) but not both. and NOTHING else. (because i've found that when i'm binging, i can actually eat more if i take a break from the sugar, eat something salty, then go back to the sugar).

then the next day, go back to eating completely normally.

i figure i won't be able to do as much damage as i normally would, because i'll get sick of that one item (though it might take the entire cake, or more). and i'll actually look forward to my healthy food the next day, and won't really want to think about cake for a while (well maybe just a couple days...but by that time, i'll be back on track).

the more i think about it, the more i think this might actually work...

i'd work foods you like into your daily meals to satisfy cravings. beyond that have some cheat meals not days. I do believe in the mental breaks of throwing macros out the window and having a true cheat....where macros are totally ignored. But I would limit it to one or two meals...not a whole day. If I did that I'd eat 10,000 in a day.

HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) HevEw8 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    whenever i get a craving ( for me its chocolate chip cookies or ice cream), I eat something else first. Once I'm not hungry anymore, I'm fine. the craving= hunger, not always the desire for that specific food, in my world anyway.

Originally Posted by HevEw8 View Post
    whenever i get a craving ( for me its chocolate chip cookies or ice cream), I eat something else first. Once I'm not hungry anymore, I'm fine. the craving= hunger, not always the desire for that specific food, in my world anyway.
    Yeah, i never really CRAVE sugar...like i said, the problem was more me putting the food up on a pedestal just because i could not have it. Once i had it i realized it wasn't even that great. But your approach is good...like i said, if i ate the junk when i was hungry, then i would have thought it tasted amazing...but once i'm full, it doesn't taste that great anymore.

ATC1983 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    To be honest my only way around this, in personal experience, is to burn the calories you intend to eat. For example, if I know I'm going to add 2000 calories of ice-cream into my diet on Sunday night, which I will, I will go out walking for 4 hours with my ipod and nothing else. It helps to mitigate most of the damage. To me this is the only responsible way to handle it if, like me, you have a history of sugar addiction. I have to point out the cheat also tastes much better if you've put in some serious work to get it as well.