darrren has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ruptured bicep tendon,how long to heal?

I bodybuilt for 4year,from when i was 16 to 20,i got pretty massive. For the past 2 year i took up boxing so lost alot of weight,but keeping a muscular appearence. Im 22 now, I just had my last tournament before hanging up the gloves and making a return to bodybuilding. during the final of the competition, i ruptured my bicep tendon from the bone. My bicep rolled halfway up my arm and i fought 2rounds with one arm to finish the fight as the winner. Anyway, cut a story short i have surgery next wednesday morning to sort it out. My bicep may stay short ive been told. Ive also been told by one doctor its going to be 6months of physio before i can do anything as ill have to restretch the muscle? Anybody know much about this? I think im just going to hit lower body now as monday was my start date at the gym but its ruined everything for me. Some of you may remember me a few years ago as "kittednova" on here,youll see how i used to be if you check that out. Thanks
    Last edited by darrren; 07-08-2011 at 03:02 AM. Reason: correction

DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DIFFER has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by darrren View Post
    I bodybuilt for 4year,from when i was 16 to 20,i got pretty massive. For the past 2 year i took up boxing so lost alot of weight,but keeping a muscular appearence. Im 22 now, I just had my last tournament before hanging up the gloves and making a return to bodybuilding. during the final of the competition, i ruptured my bicep tendon from the bone. My bicep rolled halfway up my arm and i fought 2rounds with one arm to finish the fight as the winner. Anyway, cut a story short i have surgery next wednesday morning to sort it out. My bicep may stay short ive been told. Ive also been told by one doctor its going to be 6months of physio before i can do anything as ill have to restretch the muscle? Anybody know much about this? I think im just going to hit lower body now as monday was my start date at the gym but its ruined everything for me. Some of you may remember me a few years ago as "kittednova" on here,youll see how i used to be if you check that out. Thanks
    whut

Originally Posted by DIFFER View Post
    whut
    Great help,thanks mate lol

JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50) JasonSoon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Did some googling for you,

Maybe months to a year, be sure to do some physiotherapy and get it up and working

Wish you a good recovery bud!

BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BBNobu has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We're not doctors or experts, Get it examined and ask your doctor...

It all depends on how severe the rupture is.
    Disregard Everything, Acquire Aesthetics Crew

**l**MISC GIF CREW**l** -

Misc WristWatch Crew

im in the military mate so ill have all my physio and stuff. i know this happened to dorian yates but it didnt stop him. I think if i stay positive itll heal quicker,plus with muscle memory and all that itll heal alot quicker.

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Those kind of injuries tend to take a looooong time to heal.

Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Brenjam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It could be 6months+ for this injury , only reason i know is cause the rugby team i support a player had the exact same injury.

teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50) teeeps will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i dunno i have tendonitis in my biceps tendon and i was at risk of rupturing it and was told it might have been 6 months before i can start my rehab let alone start lifting again, but instead i'm just having a few weeks off (didn't mean to rub it in sorry)

macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50) macniall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by .Excalibur View Post
    Those kind of injuries tend to take a looooong time to heal.
    This OP.

When a muscle at the tendon as been ripped from the bone it will take a long time for it to heal after surgery.

1. Tendons have low bloody supply compared to muscles
    2. Rehabilitation

So just so what exercises you can do for lower body and the like and allow it to heal.

Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    My dad had tendon surgery for his arm and it took him 7 months and now its just as good and before the accident.
    My favourite motivational quote - "I may not be at my goal today, but I am a step closer than I was yesterday"

so doesnt affect me getting big again in the long term?

Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Khalid98 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    so doesnt affect me getting big again in the long term?
    Correct
    My favourite motivational quote - "I may not be at my goal today, but I am a step closer than I was yesterday"