PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) PnOy kANg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Bad to eat eggs everyday?

So is it bad to eat eggs everyday because of the cholesterol, or is it just another myth?

Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Captain Sagara is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I eat 24 whites everyday...I don't eat the yolks...Bad for cholestrol,but 1 or 2 a day is good...

TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000) TDetroit is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mostly a myth, some truth.

Eggs are in all the fattening foods, so they get a bad name. But the benefits outweigh the bads by not just a little, actually a lot.
    I boil them, and eat only the whites most of the time. If I think I need a little extra, I eat the yolks too.

Cholesterol is not entirely a bad thing. It is the building block (primary, first, most essential) in all of your hormones (T, cortisol, estrogen, hgh, shbg, lh etc.). Personally, I was high, now I take crestor, but then I kicked up my workout a lot, I need to talk to my Doc about going too low.
    At my house, we listen to both kinds of music: Led and Zeppelin!
    How do you build muscle like Bert Landry?

ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ManOwarrior86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    no, its a myth. Eat up.

ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ramirogz has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    the cholesterol in the eggs is not the bad kind, however if you eat A LOT of you're eating a lot of fat.

If you have a good diet a couple of yolks everyday will be fine, it's not the yolk that is bad, it's the excess

AndrewKrause has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I ration mine a bit. I eat an omlette ever morning and pull all the yolks out other than one (for taist).

Egg whites are the best possible natural protien that you can give your body, but when you put that protien over a screaming hot frying pan you loose some of the benefits of it because it changes it's molecular structure.

My source: Mr. Bigganoski, my Biology 100 teacher

GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) GForce78NJ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    my breakfast every morning is 3 poached eggs, 2 pieces of wheat bread, and a slice of fat free cheese. that with a scoop of whey. this is within calorie intake..... but sometimes this is pre workout... is this a problem?
    "Fear was what stood between a man and an extraordinary life, and the surest way through it was to stare it down over and over until that gaze became habit." - the Pat Tillman Story

Originally Posted by GForce78NJ View Post
    my breakfast every morning is 3 poached eggs, 2 pieces of wheat bread, and a slice of fat free cheese. that with a scoop of whey. this is within calorie intake..... but sometimes this is pre workout... is this a problem?
    I would say so. Usually, the largest calorie intake of the day is good to have before your training. So if your goal is to intake 3500 calories each day, shoot to intake 1200+ before training. Just an example.

boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000) boyscouT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Dietary cholesterol has little to no effect on plasma cholesterol. Read up:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...3&postcount=12
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=937460

I'll need to find a scientific article before I believe that.

BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BlackRadio has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by AndrewKrause View Post
    I ration mine a bit. I eat an omlette ever morning and pull all the yolks out other than one (for taist).

Egg whites are the best possible natural protien that you can give your body, but when you put that protien over a screaming hot frying pan you loose some of the benefits of it because it changes it's molecular structure.

I've seen people of here say the exact opposite, that cooking eggs makes the protein easier for the body to absorb. No idea which is true though.

Originally Posted by BlackRadio View Post
    I've seen people of here say the exact opposite, that cooking eggs makes the protein easier for the body to absorb. No idea which is true though.
    Niether do I, I just quote my teacher cause she has a degree (i hope)

MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10) MikessekiM is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    moderation moderation.......eat up, just obviously not a million

baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) baarat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Niether do I, I just quote my teacher cause she has a degree (i hope)
    Heat denatures the protein, which is what your prof is probably talking about. Which BTW has nothing to do with the actual amino profiles, which will be absorbed normally. Cooking doesn't effect the bioavailability to any extent.

norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) norcalmuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you want to consume egg whites cause you're concerned about cholesterol, you can buy egg beaters which is just egg whites in a carton type package. It has the exact same amount of protein just with no cholesterol. I usually mix in a regular egg for all the good amino acids and then 3 servings of the egg beaters. Each container has the 6 egg whites in it. You can buy them at almost any store, or you can buy them in bulk because it's cheaper at Costco if you have those where you live.
    Pain breeds strength, trust your struggle.

Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50) Blimp2Pimp will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Well I assume he isn't referring to the BV of the egg whites, because I believe they are better absorbed when cooked. Don't overdo them though, cook on medium-low, for a good 5-10 min. They should be white, not all crusty...and for the record, you can become deficient in biotin if you consume raw egg whites. I know a lot of guys who just pour liquid egg whites right into their protein shake. Not a good idea IMO. Use something other than egg whites, and then make it a meal later in the day..that's how I do it.

JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JiP is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i eat 4 whole a day and i wouldn't have it any other way
    Powerlifting log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172662011&page=1

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I eat 8-10 a day..

As far as I'm concerned the cholesterol in the eggs is not only HDL cholesterol (the good kind) but has no effect on plasma cholesterol as previously said in an above post.

Also the fat in the egg is mostly unsaturated fat as 4.5G per average yolk only 1G of it being saturated.

As previously asked.. the protein in the egg IS better absorbed by your body cooked. When eaten raw (done very widely in the 80's) is now through research proven that your body does not have the digestive enzymes to absorb the raw protein from the egg albumin.

AND LAST THING!!! THERE ARE FAR WORSE THINGS TO DO TO YOUR BODY THEN EATING WHOLE EGGS!!!
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Bonebrake is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Raw eggs are digested faster than cooked eggs, but rather raw or cooked, it makes no difference in the bioavailability of the protein (it is still 100% regardless).

Eating whole eggs has little impact on your serum cholesterol.

In 99%+ of the population serum cholesterol is influenced to a greater extent on your body fat to lean body mass ratio, your insulin sensitivity level and the amount of simple carbohydrates you consume, and how much saturated fat and trans fat you consume.

Eating large quantities of whole eggs (raw or cooked) will have a negligible impact on a person's serum cholesterol if they eat healthy and exercise regularly. What impact it does have will likely be a positive one. It may raise your total cholesterol 20 points if you eat 6-12 eggs a day, but if it raises your HDL 10 points and your LDL 10 points that is a good thing.

Having a high HDL is far more important than having a low total cholesterol or low LDL/VLDL. If your HDL is 60-80+ it doesn't matter if your total cholesterol is 200 or 350; it will be able to handle the load.