madisonallen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need more drastic results, any tips for me?

I've been constantly adjusting my diet for the last 6 months and I haven't seen very drastic results. It seems that I have a pretty slow metabolism so I avoid sugars, simple carbs, sodium, etc. I'm 5'10 and seem to fluctuate around 145lbs. I take fat burners and CLA and green tea extract everyday. Is there something I should try to boost my metabolism more? I'm willing to do anything!
    Attached Images

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by madisonallen View Post
    I've been constantly adjusting my diet for the last 6 months and I haven't seen very drastic results. It seems that I have a pretty slow metabolism so I avoid sugars, simple carbs, sodium, etc. I'm 5'10 and seem to fluctuate around 145lbs. I take fat burners and CLA and green tea extract everyday. Is there something I should try to boost my metabolism more? I'm willing to do anything!
    what do you want to achieve?
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

I would like to lose 15 pounds and be more trim in my legs and stomach

Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Miranda is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would like to lose 15 pounds and be more trim in my legs and stomach
    do you llift weights? if you want to be more trim, you need a good muscle base first and lose fat on top 2nd. it takes years to build, so you must be patient.

if you constantly 'adjust' your diet, then of course you're not getting anywhere. it has nothing to do with 'a slow metabolism' or avoiding certain foods. it has to do with your diet likely being all over the place and not following a good training program. you don't need to take magic pills to boost anything.

read this sticky on how to calculate calories and macros.

this is a good read on what to look for in a training program.
    "The human race is still largely a group of monkeys with slightly better grooming habits. Give them a microscope and and they'll examine their own ****, give them a telescope and they'll go looking for tits."

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're 5'10" and losing 15 lbs will leave you skinny and underweight.

You need to be focused on building, not losing...you're going backwards.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

[QUOTE=Miranda;854914343]do you llift weights? if you want to be more trim, you need a good muscle base first and lose fat on top 2nd. it takes years to build, so you must be patient.

if you constantly 'adjust' your diet, then of course you're not getting anywhere. it has nothing to do with 'a slow metabolism' or avoiding certain foods. it has to do with your diet likely being all over the place and not following a good training program. you don't need to take magic pills to boost anything.

Thank you! I'm afraid of getting too bulky so I've been avoiding weights as much as possibly and just relying on cardio, and I guess that's why I haven't been getting results. Thanks!

I'm afraid of getting too bulky so I've been avoiding weights as much as possibly and just relying on cardio
    that's what i thought when i read your mum does figure competitions . . . shoemaker's kids go barefoot eh?

Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    that's what i thought when i read your mum does figure competitions . . . shoemaker's kids go barefoot eh?
    exactly, is there a way i can weight train to promote fat loss instead of muscle gain?

exactly, is there a way i can weight train to promote fat loss instead of muscle gain?
    that's not what i meant. kids often get an overdose of what their parents do, and stray the other way completely.

that doesn't change the advice you've been given. there's no point for you to lose fat, if you don't lift properly and have muscle underneath. you'll end up skinny-fat.

CSCS, CPT, WNBF Pro Cytrainer913's Avatar
    Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cytrainer913 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    weights don't bulk you up, women need to have better understanding about that and this is the right place to go.

The only reason why you bulk is because you eat too much, and there is no way to get too big without all that testosterone in you body, which you have very little of, plain and simple!

when you lift, lift heavy and don't be afraid to go forward with this as it will tighten up all and make sure you try and track your foods and cals better and you will get where you want to be.

Originally Posted by Cytrainer913 View Post
    weights don't bulk you up, women need to have better understanding about that and this is the right place to go.

The only reason why you bulk is because you eat too much, and there is no way to get too big without all that testosterone in you body, which you have very little of, plain and simple!

when you lift, lift heavy and don't be afraid to go forward with this as it will tighten up all and make sure you try and track your foods and cals better and you will get where you want to be.
    I will definitely keep that in mind. Thank you very much!

big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000) big lew is just really nice. (+1000)
    Looking at your pics, if you lost 15 lbs, you'd be a skeleton! Much more attractive to build a little muscle and look lean and firm, unless you want to look like a runway model- frail and skeletor-ish?!?!?! Weights will NOT make you bulky, as already stated, especially at your height! putting muscle on you would make you look incredibly long and lean! If you were 5 feet tall and broad shoulders, there'd probably be a different approach, imo. Furthermore, quit watching the scale and putting a number on your goal. lift and watch your body. good luck.
    Max Fit Consulting
    Contest Prep Coaching

Certified Personal Trainer- NCSF
    Sports Nutrition -NCSF
    Certified Personal Trainer- AFFA

LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LunicaAshes is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are "constantly adjusting," of course you won't see results. You REALLY need to work on building some muscle on your frame. The stickies and the bulking thread (in the "general" section) will help you with that.