BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Eating before bed..

I need a little help. I'm having an argument with my mother about eating before bed.

Her theory is that if you eat right before bed, the body, instead of repairing itself, will be busy digesting the food and not resting which is the main point of sleeping. This matters to me because my parents are always complaining about me if I eat late at night. They're telling me you should not eat 2-3 hours before sleeping..

Of course, studies don't matter, even if I show them, because it says this and that in the books written decades ago.

Can anyone help me settle this so I can enjoy my food right before bed?

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    This will not help...but amazingly the human body is able to multi-task. Ie...breathe and walk at the same time...repair and digest.
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Become a closet eater.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only reason that eating before bed can be an issue is if it gives you energy and keeps you awake therefore interrupting sleep or gives you indigestion, otherwise there is no real logic behind the anti-repairing theory.

NOW HAS A LOG!!!! peanut-butter's Avatar
    peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) peanut-butter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tell her to shut up and make you a sandwich.

If she does not comply...kill her.

No sexist, psychopathic, disrespectful teen.
    "Whoa, peanut-butter does look a lot like Cum." - Alan Aragon

IIFYMM- If it fits Your Macros and Micros.

5k+ Link (Please PM me if I forget)

*Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs

BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10) BarbellPrince is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    I need a little help. I'm having an argument with my mother about eating before bed.

Her theory is that if you eat right before bed, the body, instead of repairing itself, will be busy digesting the food and not resting which is the main point of sleeping. This matters to me because my parents are always complaining about me if I eat late at night. They're telling me you should not eat 2-3 hours before sleeping..

Of course, studies don't matter, even if I show them, because it says this and that in the books written decades ago.

Can anyone help me settle this so I can enjoy my food right before bed?
    I would just eat a salad, some good fats and a slow digesting protein like lean meat or cottage cheese. This will actually improve your sleep as well, TELL YOUR PARENTS THIS!

Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Become a closet eater.
    haha

Originally Posted by peanut-butter View Post
    Tell her to shut up and make you a sandwich.

If she does not comply...kill her.

No sexist, psychopathic, disrespectful teen.
    lmfao

tabbie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wander if they include no drinking before bed? Milk has to be digested just like food, so the argument of no eating, but drinking allowed, would be a good point to argue. (Also, milk contains tryptophan which can help with sleep...).

What is it to them anyway? If it were my parents I would make a point of eating in front of them every night :P

I eat cottage cheese before bed every night, I want to keep my night-time fast as short as possible.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Ask to see her credentials

Ask her how much she benches

Glutes... they are back Cumulonimbus's Avatar
    Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cumulonimbus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BarbellPrince View Post
    I would just eat a salad, some good fats and a slow digesting protein like lean meat or cottage cheese. This will actually improve your sleep as well, TELL YOUR PARENTS THIS!
    notsureifsrs
    Just a weight lifter

juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) juliacheh has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    broscientist much?

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    slow digesting food like cottage cheese does not help with my sleep because of the digestion process - especially if you are someone with GERD

Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Cumulonimbus View Post
    notsureifsrs
    Cereal.
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U Mad?

"Those who have different eating habit don't force everyone else to eat like them, yet everyone else makes their lives difficult. That's some close-minded sh*t right there"-MikeK

BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000) BBqChicken1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Ask to see her credentials

Ask her how much she benches
    I ask for studies. She tells me she doesnt care about it and tells me to pick up a book. I pick up a book. I see no studies mentioned and some bull**** about speeding up metabolism and what not. I disregard the book. The next day my parents tell me about something scientists discovered through studies. Doesn't care about studies on nutrition but when it agrees with them, sure, these studies are true. What can you do..

Originally Posted by tabbie View Post
    I wander if they include no drinking before bed? Milk has to be digested just like food, so the argument of no eating, but drinking allowed, would be a good point to argue. (Also, milk contains tryptophan which can help with sleep...).

What is it to them anyway? If it were my parents I would make a point of eating in front of them every night :P

I eat cottage cheese before bed every night, I want to keep my night-time fast as short as possible.
    Same with milk but not as much. They also tell me it's fattening to eat before bed(again, no studies to back it up, but my opinion and studies are junk); because it's tradition, and been saying it over the decades.

haha

lmfao
    Not sure if serious or trolling.

Originally Posted by ParsonBrown View Post
    This will not help...but amazingly the human body is able to multi-task. Ie...breathe and walk at the same time...repair and digest.
    Yeah..

ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000) ParsonBrown is just really nice. (+1000)
    Another option is to me move out. When they get home tonight, have your bags packed and tell them..."If you won't let me eat what and when I want, I'm outta here!"

Please video this and post youtube video with reaction...
    *Unaesthetic Crew* Disregard V-Taper, Acquire PRs Thread

"I think most of us would pay good money to be able to fit a whole jar of the greatest thing known to man into our macros on a daily basis." - MikeK46

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you feel rested when you wake up?

If you do, then there goes her theory...

Originally Posted by MikeK46 View Post
    Do you feel rested when you wake up?

If you do, then there goes her theory...
    nope, never do unless i sleep 12 h lol doesnt matter if i ate before bed or not

nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nutritionwiz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    maybe you should lose some weight and your parents will start believing things you have to say. They're probably just concerned that you're over 20% bodyfat and thats normal for parents, they just want you to be healthy and are looking out for you, so its fine if their advice is ill advised because they're just concerned. In my opinion you should get under 20% then show your parents that what youre doing is working, and show them some progress in your body... And maybe you should stop eating big macs and pizza and talking about their vegetable content in them...

inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inbf4life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hmmm...

well to answer your question i usually have pb&J sandwich between 12-2am before i go to bed... i never noticed any weight gain from it. I keep room in my macros for it and when i say a pb&j i dont mean a tsp of pb lol. I take 2 servings of it. dont stress it.

Originally Posted by inbf4life View Post
    well to answer your question i usually have pb&J sandwich between 12-2am before i go to bed... i never noticed any weight gain from it. I keep room in my macros for it and when i say a pb&j i dont mean a tsp of pb lol. I take 2 servings of it. dont stress it.
    i am aware eating before bed is not bad but i cannot convince my parents and probably never will so i'm going to give up on it lol

Originally Posted by nutritionwiz View Post
    maybe you should lose some weight and your parents will start believing things you have to say. They're probably just concerned that you're over 20% bodyfat and thats normal for parents, they just want you to be healthy and are looking out for you, so its fine if their advice is ill advised because they're just concerned. In my opinion you should get under 20% then show your parents that what youre doing is working, and show them some progress in your body... And maybe you should stop eating big macs and pizza and talking about their vegetable content in them...
    i am around 17% bf, before i started i was in the mid-upper teens and never cut really, but now im cutting anyway and you cant win with my parents.. there is no logic in their arguments

Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vitek92 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lol and I thought only my parents are like this.
    I get the exact same **** from them.

Solution? When eating at home later at night avoid cooking, that's what annoys my parents the most. Try to get some food that doesn't require much time to make.
    And be sneaky lol

I_want_balance has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by BBqChicken1 View Post
    nope, never do unless i sleep 12 h lol doesnt matter if i ate before bed or not
    I don't like this.
    Does it take you too long to sleep from the moment you lie on your bed?
    Is your room as dark as possible?
    Do you wake up in the morning, feel tired or just like the warmth of your bed and just sleep again?

nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10) nathan0509 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    peanut butter & cottage cheese

Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xfaxtor is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Tell her to stfu. Srs. Just be straight up honest with her and tell you that this works for you and that its none of her business when you eat.

Originally Posted by I_want_balance View Post
    I don't like this.
    Does it take you too long to sleep from the moment you lie on your bed?
    Is your room as dark as possible?
    Do you wake up in the morning, feel tired or just like the warmth of your bed and just sleep again?
    umm, to be honest, probably because its warm and i have school which i literally hate, getting up early, and going studying **** i dont like and the idiots in my school still blow my mind

Originally Posted by nathan0509 View Post
    peanut butter & cottage cheese

Originally Posted by Xfaxtor View Post
    Tell her to stfu. Srs. Just be straight up honest with her and tell you that this works for you and that its none of her business when you eat.
    i don't think it's the best idea