lameduck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

2 weeks till vacation! Fat loss...

Hi guys.

I have 2 weeks until I go on my vacation and I want to look as lean as possible. I'm in pretty good shape right now and my abs are coming through nicely.

What should I be doing during these last 2 weeks to look my best when I get to the beach? I'm still lifting and do about an hour of high speed walking a day. Protein is high, carbs are very limited, nothing refined, NO sugar, and calorie intake is under control.

Just want to keep a good pump and maximize fat loss until V day!

(BTW, this is not a last minute attempt to "get in shape" in 2 weeks. I'm already in shape but just want to be doing the the max I can in the 2 weeks I have left.)

thanks!

Democrats are terrorists cncman's Avatar
    cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cncman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    sounds pretty solid, but you wont really lose TOO much if your abs are visible. couple pounds can make a difference, wouldnt lose more than 5 if i were you. Use the bodyfat % X Bodyweight X 30 to figure out your calorie deficiency and go from there deciding how much muscle you're willing to sacrifice
    "If you don't vote for me you ain't black!" - Plantation Joe Biden

Wreck em
    Hook em
    Glory to Aubernia!

Originally Posted by cncman View Post
    sounds pretty solid, but you wont really lose TOO much if your abs are visible. couple pounds can make a difference, wouldnt lose more than 5 if i were you. Use the bodyfat % X Bodyweight X 30 to figure out your calorie deficiency and go from there deciding how much muscle you're willing to sacrifice
    Well, "visible" is a relative term. They are most visible when I flex and laugh and twist. Certainly not shredded or ripped. And I don't expect them to be in 2 weeks. I just want to make the most of the time I have left.

Thanks for the reply!

Sorry for the bump but 63 views and only one suggestion?

C'mon, I know all you experts out there have got to have some good ideas I haven't thought of!

DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DuLac is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    To be honest, if you're still progressing, just keep doing what you're doing.

Even if your goal is a short 2 weeks away, why not plan for the future and create a plan to get to ~8% for most of the summer, so that way any spontaneous weekend/vacation type activities have you looking your best.

Rather than look at it as a goal, with a finale, look at it as a lifestyle change where the goal is health and fitness well into your 80s.

Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do more ab type excersies along with some cardio.

Cut calories a little bit as well.. Should clean it up.. 3-4lbs loss in 2 weeks shouldn't be that hard and that is probably all you really need

Originally Posted by DuLac View Post
    To be honest, if you're still progressing, just keep doing what you're doing.

Even if your goal is a short 2 weeks away, why not plan for the future and create a plan to get to ~8% for most of the summer, so that way any spontaneous weekend/vacation type activities have you looking your best.

Rather than look at it as a goal, with a finale, look at it as a lifestyle change where the goal is health and fitness well into your 80s.
    Yea that really is the ultimate goal. I would be very pleased with an eventual sub 8% BF. I don't know if that's reasonable to maintain (for me), but I'll get there and stay there for awhile at least.

Originally Posted by Jimspeed View Post
    Do more ab type excersies along with some cardio.

Cut calories a little bit as well.. Should clean it up.. 3-4lbs loss in 2 weeks shouldn't be that hard and that is probably all you really need
    I'll give it a shot!

Thanks guys...

goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50) goodfella0729 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i would cut your carbs. whats your carb intake like right now? if your goal is to look more cut for the beach or whatever then limiting your carbs will help. atleast for me i look a lot more cut when i go a week low on carbs.

Originally Posted by goodfella0729 View Post
    i would cut your carbs. whats your carb intake like right now? if your goal is to look more cut for the beach or whatever then limiting your carbs will help. atleast for me i look a lot more cut when i go a week low on carbs.
    Carb intake is currently pretty low. Good carbs only and none after 3-4 pm. I can probably cut a bit more however, when I try to cut carbs too low, I get severe cramping all over my body even when pounding the water. Scared the hell out of me last time and wouldn't want to go through that again. It took weeks to get back to normal.