shshan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cutting to start my journey

Hey guys, Over the past two years I went from being a fatty at 5'9 258 lbs...and Ive gotten down to 195. I felt great for awhile but the past few months i've realized I really want to get to a much better level.
    For the past year I've read a lot and learned a ton. At the beginning of the month I really delved into a routine and have been really serious. I guess what I'm trying to ask is after looking at what im about to list, am I on my way to cutting the rest of this fat and then from there can start building my dream body? Any suggestions or insight is greatly appreciated!

Current weight: 195
    Current macros: Protein 195-230g, carbs 155-170g, fats 35-40g and I normally finish my day between 1700-1900 calories.
    Supplements are just creatine, and ZMA max before bed and of course whey after workouts.

Current lifting schedule: Mon- Chest, abs, 15 minutes HIIT Tues-Back and calves, 15 mins HIIT Wed- Shoulders, 15 mins HIIT Thurs- Legs Friday- Arms and abs, 15 mins of HIIT Sat- 20 mins HIIT Sun- Complete rest and refeed every other sunday.(double my carbs to 300ish)

For each muscle I'm doing 3-4 exercises, 3 working sets, 6-8 reps.
    My HIIT is on a elliptical..less stress on my knees.

So Is this good? I know doing the HIIT so much is going to mess with my muscle growth but I'm really just wanting to cut and get really lean and build from there. I'm still holding a ton of fat. probably 22-25% if I had to guess.

angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) angelo212121 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    HIIT wont necessarily mess your growth if you schedule them correctly, I wouldn't do it all the time if I were you.
    Other than HIIT (since im flat footed, fat, and lazy), I used to have a similar program like yours but I only do mod elliptical cardio.
    Kid on the gym sees you working out your shoulders ...
    Asks "How much can you bench?" 0_O

CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100) CoachTobias is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by angelo212121 View Post
    HIIT wont necessarily mess your growth if you schedule them correctly, I wouldn't do it all the time if I were you.
    Other than HIIT (since im flat footed, fat, and lazy), I used to have a similar program like yours but I only do mod elliptical cardio.
    Agree with this. In fact, Layne Norton said, "... further analysis of the literature on cardio demonstrated that not only was short duration, high intensity cardio better for strength and hypertrophy, it was also superior for fat loss...." But still gotta make sure it won't mess your weight training, because it is kinda tiring to do that very often

shshan3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Oh okay, sounds good! If I feel like Its keeping me from lifting right, I'll reduce my sessions to 3 times a week spread out. For now my lifting intensity has been fine, so I think its working out! Thanks guys