DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10)

forearm tendonitis

I have what seems to be tendonitis in my left forearm. I can lift through the pain, but I'm afraid I'm only making it worse. I took a week off in the hopes of healing it, but it hasn't gone away.

Has anyone here experienced this and been successful at healing the tendon? I'm not interrested in a temporary fix or Icy Hot etc.. Any suggestions?

PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000) PhoenixBuff is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by DCDave
    I have what seems to be tendonitis in my left forearm. I can lift through the pain, but I'm afraid I'm only making it worse. I took a week off in the hopes of healing it, but it hasn't gone away.

Has anyone here experienced this and been successful at healing the tendon? I'm not interrested in a temporary fix or Icy Hot etc.. Any suggestions?
    Dave, I fought through this problem for about a year. What helped me was icing my forearm each night for 15 minutes on, 15 minutes off, and 15 minutes on. I couldn't take any time off, so I just dealt with it. If you ice it and take an anti-flamatory such at "Aleve", it will help.

Unless you completely stay away from the gym, I'm afraid you'll have to live with this problem for a while. It took me about 6 months to get rid of the problem.

Good luck!
    United States Navy Veteran - GO NAVY!

DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10) DCDave is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Phoenix,

You iced your arm every night for 6 months? Did you take Aleve only once a day, durring the icing hours?

braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000) braindx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Tendonitis, eh? So your forearm is hurting around the wrist or elbow and not like the direct middle of the forearm? If so, rest and ice are the best remedies. You can also buy supplements like glucosamine and chondroitin which are good for improving connective tissue.

If it is the middle of the forearm pain, then it is most likely forearm splints. These can be 'fixed' by doing forearm exercises most of the time to strengthen your forearms because excessive pressure is being placed on the bone because your muscles aren't strong enough.

qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have loose tendons all over my body--a slightly torn right rotator cuff, mad forarm tendon pain-which is caused by heavy lifting. I can't do EZ bar curls anymore due to my forarm tendons getting ****ed-and hurting like hell.

Anyhow I'm a extreme case, but I've done a fair share of research into what can help it out.
    So far I've discovered prolotherapy, hgh, or eq injections are the primary things I'm looking at.
    As in my case---surgery will be needed if none of those work.

pz

The pain originates from the middle side of my forarm down to 2 inches from my elbow. It is painful to the touch. With my palm facing up, the pain originates on the right inside of my forarm. There is no pain on the outer left side or on the top or botom surface of my arm (again, with my arm out in front of me, palm facing up). There is no pain around my elbow or withing an inch or two from it.

I would imagine that both of my elbows would feel the pain if it was due to weak forarms...they're both the same size and I'm lifting about the same with both of them. I'm not at all saying you're wrong...it's just an observation.

Think it's just a splint?

Originally Posted by qwerty1234
    I have loose tendons all over my body--a slightly torn right rotator cuff, mad forarm tendon pain-which is caused by heavy lifting. I can't do EZ bar curls anymore due to my forarm tendons getting ****ed-and hurting like hell.

pz
    I feel it most with preacher curls (ez bar) and it's almost impossible to move up in weight because of it. But I'm 6' 195lbs and only preacher curling 80lbs 3 sets of 10 reps. I'm not a little guy and I'd think 85 lbs shouldn't have this kind of affect.

joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) joed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'll throw in my $.02 for what it's worth. I had a similar problem. The awful truth is you've got to stop doing the exercises that caused it; for me it was wrist curls. Rest is necessary, no way around it. I found that a flexible elbow wrap helped to re-attach things in there. 4-7 wks later I was fine. IMO, don't work through any pain, unless you want worse pain.

WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by joed
    IMO, don't work through any pain, unless you want worse pain.
    Agreed. I'm on my 4th week without lifting due to elbow issues and things have finally begun to get better.
    Hulk just want to smash

So, when you resume working out after X weeks of rest, how can you keep the problem from reoccuring?

Taking 4 weeks off will seriously clearly result in strength loss. I'm sure that kind of sacrifice will only be worth it if you figure out how to prevent it in the future. How?

WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WBL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I finally get back to lifting, I plan to increase weight slowly and listen very closely to what my body is telling me. The strength and size loss may be tremendous but I plan to lift for life and total inactivity is the quickest way to a full recovery. It does really suck because I gained so much mass that short sleeve shirts were beginning to look sleeveless as they were riding up into my armpits so much. Now they're just a little tight after 4 weeks of inactivity.
    Hulk just want to smash

long a$$ road to 200 YouRobSeSsioN's Avatar
    YouRobSeSsioN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) YouRobSeSsioN has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    ive had the same problem. It only starts to bother me when i mix certain exercises. If i do back and tri's in the same day...im screwed. It'll hurt for a few days and go away when im on my glucosimine, but when im not taking it, it'll hurt for a week or so.
    190lb, cut to 183
    5-10
    bench: 300x1(11-7-05)
    decline:310x3
    incline:225x5
    shrug: 400x4
    curl: 180x3(10-5-05)
    squat:295
    DL: 315...335(10-11-05)
    tri ext 200(10-5-05)
    shldr press 85'sx4(10-9-05)
    ...damn hernias

cold
    arms:16
    chest:42.5
    forearms:13

Sci-fit

crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crazykazza66 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile succes

i had this probelm. I took a month from the gym, no exercise at all. It got better. When i lift now it still feels a little strange but the pain has gone.

sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sicdeusvult has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Took 4 months off and it's back and worse. Now its in my left arm too lol. Eh. Ice and pain medication is the only way to go :/

elbow wrap but in the gym when i get a pump its too tight and cuts the circulation off
    American by birth. Texan by the grace of God.

"The best activities for your health are pumping and humping." -Arnold Schwarzenegger

Ramman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Ramman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have it too.It started 3 years ago and it comes and goes.
    Trainers and physiotherapists tell me it is cronius tendonitis (timeless).All they say is rest...
    But I wouldn't suggest taking antiflamatory without asking the proper doctor.
    Mine is mostly in the middle (some time is all across the forearm )and gets
    rough mostly in bicept training and back training.But the have told me not to do any forearm excercizeswhile my forearm hurt (to do it I should wait the pain to go off )and stop the excersizes that couse it pain.
    So my trainning is with dumbells for bycepts and I do hummer curls instead of
    normal curls.barbells are not allowed , bacause with even a few reps with not much weight it still hurts...

Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Buff_Daddy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sicdeusvult
    Took 4 months off and it's back and worse. Now its in my left arm too lol. Eh. Ice and pain medication is the only way to go :/

elbow wrap but in the gym when i get a pump its too tight and cuts the circulation off

I know how bad that can suck... I did similar for my shoulder, but not four months... have u seen a sports physician for an accurate diagnosis... that should be your priority... first get an accurate diagnosis and only then can you know the proper treatment. Also, you should look into prolotherapy...you seem like a good candidate for it... heres a list of people in the country who do it

http://getprolo.com/index.html

peace
    "Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do."
    - Bruce Lee

"My studying mimics my training. Brief, intense and infrequent.."
    - Big Red

qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10) qwerty1234 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Dude--prolothearapy looks really good.
    Like I stated before-I have tendon/ligiment issues all over the place.

Theres a prolothearpy doctor just down the street from me. I'm defintly going to pursue it.
    Seems pretty cost worthy as well.

pz

RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50) RioGringo will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Lightbulb I will chim in here

My pain, which seems to be tendon also is the inside part of my elbow pit(for lack of the correct term).

It actually is not as bad as it was ... but not better.

Now the pain us usually worse when my hand/arm is in the drinking position ... and the drink is water bottle

Supplement: glucosamine and chondroitin
    This would probably be good 4 me?
    Follow my progress:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=763675

BODYFAT (186 cm Tall)
    09-03-06 27% @ 98.0 Kg (215.6 lbs)
    15-05-06 24% @ 94.5 Kg (207.9 lbs)

South Florida FootBULLs

NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoI has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have had the same problem for years. IT is caused mostly by curls. Straight bar curls are the worst. And I also know that the primary problem is that I am lifting more than my forearms can handle. Tehy take a while to catch up with my biceps. 85 lb curls used to cause teh problem. Now it is 125lb curls that are the danger zone.

Anti inflammatories like naproxyn sodium will help you heal. Icing will also help. But I think that long term, strengthening the forearm and not overtraining are going to be the saviours. I am starting my forearm training program tomorrow since this is my light week.

I have always been able to work through the healing process by staying lighter on teh curls and pulling motions.

aceneo37 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up Effecttive medicines for forearm tendonitis pain !!!

The main cause for this pain is low resistant tendons to particular a weight and beyond that.... i.e., when you lift heavy weight for biceps the weight is also handled by fore arm so if the muscles in the fore arm are week they fail to co-operate with weights...

I think this much info is enough Now the Medicines that you can use are

1. 5000 mg of Vitamin C per day.
    2. 1000 mg of Calcium with Vitamin D3 per day

You need to take these for at least 15 to 20 days...

I used
    LIMCEE chewable tablet for vitamin C 10 per day and
    SHELLCAL 500 mg with D3 swallow tablet for calcium 2 per day
    for nearly a month...

I am complete out of pain now and working out hard.

Caution!: Do not workout exercises that puts pressure on your fore arms.

Advise: Take these medicines for at least 15 days with out working out biceps and fore arms. after 15 days start on Biceps and forearms with minimum weights so that it can get stronger and grow with weight....
    I also strongly recommend to take multi vitamin pills daily it help a lot in all round body growth.

I hope my post to be helpful to lot of people.

"Merry Christmas"
    Last edited by aceneo37; 12-24-2008 at 10:53 AM.

ya remember tendons/ligamints grow slower then muscles.
    gotta give them time to recover.
    I had horrid forarm splits for a week-I let them recover for a week, and then went back to slowly lifting lighter weights and my strength went way up and no more forarm pain.

I also use straps when I can to avoid putting to much strain on my tendons.

pz

buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) buffgrk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Best advice i can give you from personal experience is don't aggravate it, drop the weight load to something lighter than you would normally lift for a week or 2 and do alot of stretching, fish oil, glucosamine are all good **** and keep your fat intake high.

JordanSullivan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DCDave View Post
    I feel it most with preacher curls (ez bar) and it's almost impossible to move up in weight because of it. But I'm 6' 195lbs and only preacher curling 80lbs 3 sets of 10 reps. I'm not a little guy and I'd think 85 lbs shouldn't have this kind of affect.
    i have same trouble i been training for 10 months hurts most preacher curls i cant even train biceps its that bad now :/
    can you post to my page what helped if u have solved the problem would be a big help!!
    thanks