Thread: box jumps

RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

box jumps

did these as the first exercise in my workout, and went 5x3. i did pretty well, except for 1 rep where i barely made it, and ended up scraping my knee. scraping my knee is nothing, but im just scared at the thought of what would've happened if i failed the rep. would i land back and crack my skull or something?

would there be a safer way to do box jumps then? at the start, i did them from a standstill, but after that failed rep, i did it with a run up to make sure i didn't have an accident. which one is better though? standstill or run up?

LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Stand-still..if you run they really aren't box jumps. If you fail, you'll be fine. Do you do them in your gym?

If you ever do depth jumps, ect., you'll want a softer surface, like a track. If you can get some boxes out on a field, it would be soft enough if you land on your back/head not to break anything...
    Last edited by LegitSalsa; 02-26-2013 at 06:37 PM.

RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by LegitSalsa View Post
    Stand-still..if you run they really aren't box jumps. If you fail, you'll be fine. Do you do them in your gym?

If you ever do depth jumps, ect., you'll want a softer surface, like a track. If you can get some boxes out on a field, it would be soft enough if you land on your back/head not to break anything...
    only restricted to do them at my gym. i may try depth jumps too soon, but they're gonna be a lot safer then box jumps i can imagine because in stead of jumping off a box onto another, im probably just gonna jump off a box and then jump straight up in the air

krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) krakkerz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you're concerned about falling, you can get the same effect from standing verticals. It's difficult to measure, though. It is a good option for when you fatigue.

Our younger guys don't do box, only standing vert. Older guys do boxes, but mostly because they've seen it o the net.

LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LegitSalsa is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Also, I'd like to point out, Plyos are based on quality. All your jumps should be as close to perfection as you can. It might be a good idea to lower the box height a bit.

Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Trey19 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Lower the box height or the reps, because you shouldn't feel like you can barely make it, every jump should be done with your full intensity and you shouldn't feel fatigued or tired doing your jumps.

MS,CSCS,CF-L1,USAW,WBB HamburgerTrain's Avatar
    HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HamburgerTrain has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have wiped out on many box jump attempts. Just have an eject strategy.
    "Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats."

tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50) tksx will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i gotta try this exercise
    www.youtube.com/calesthenTKS check out my vids