L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10)

im a beginner, can i do compound lifts and a split?

i do bench on chest day, squat on legs day, and deadlift on back day, and i also do isolation work to hit all the muscles.

good ya?

MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shivboy View Post
    i do bench on chest day, squat on legs day, and deadlift on back day, and i also do isolation work to hit all the muscles.

good ya?
    No only experienced lifters can do splits and compound lifts. (sarcasm) Is this thread serious?

L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10) L-Guidomine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well from what i've read, they say that beginners should start off with only compound lifts to gain strength, then they can start a split.

MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50) MattEagan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by shivboy View Post
    well from what i've read, they say that beginners should start off with only compound lifts to gain strength, then they can start a split.
    compound lifts and a split are two different things

compound lifts like bench, squat, dead, cleans

a split is a type of workout schedule usually one body part a day.

should should i quit doing my split and just stick to compounds for a few months?

Originally Posted by MattEagan View Post
    why are you trying to replace one thing with another which is totally irrelevant to anything?
    ..?

as a beginner i think im supposed to stick to compounds only

why are you trying to replace one thing with another which is totally irrelevant to anything?

Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Majestyc has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    shivboy, please read the following threads in order to solve all of your problems. These threads cover all the basics of bodybuilding: training, workout programs, supplements, and most importantly, diet and nutrition.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=2691741
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=3720211
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150447
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=546235

Since you are a beginner, I highly suggest that you start with Rippetoe's Starting Strength workout program: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Good luck!

Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ectotastic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Why not do a split of compounds?

Day 1
    Deads
    Bent over BB row
    Pullups

Day 2
    Bench
    Dips
    Military Press

Day 3
    Squats
    Lunges