tns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Constipation with Protein Powder

I'm a fairly new to the whole world of bodybuilding, I'm not going for any crazy BB body. I just want to be fit and look good, I hit the gym about 2 months ago and under the suggestion of everyone I hit the GNC to get some protein powder.

I ended up buying Muscle Milk, probably a mistake but it was cheap and I'm not a millionare. Ever since I started it drinking it post work out I've noticed the next day I would be for a lack of better phrase "****ting rocks." I usually take it with a some 2% milk and a banana.

Why does it make me Constipated and what other protein powder within reasonable price range would you recommend that wouldn't cause constipation.

JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10) JezerOne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I don't know if it's specifically the type of protein powder but more likely constipation is a sign of a high protein diet. You can try adding more fiber into your diet. I have found I am a lot more regular now that I am eating more carbs.

NoFlatEarth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlatEarth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlatEarth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlatEarth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlatEarth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlatEarth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) NoFlatEarth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would think that if somthing like protine powder would give you more gas wouldent that mean it is doing the oppsite and would make you "go easier"

mabye its somthing totally other than the powder

I Am Teh Lolrus stealth_swimmer's Avatar
    stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stealth_swimmer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    it probably doesn't have to do with powder but just with a high protein diet. Make sure you are getting plenty of fiber in your diet. 25-35 grams of fiber a day is what you should be getting.

Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000) Kohen_Gadol is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by tns View Post
    I'm a fairly new to the whole world of bodybuilding, I'm not going for any crazy BB body. I just want to be fit and look good, I hit the gym about 2 months ago and under the suggestion of everyone I hit the GNC to get some protein powder.

I ended up buying Muscle Milk, probably a mistake but it was cheap and I'm not a millionare. Ever since I started it drinking it post work out I've noticed the next day I would be for a lack of better phrase "****ting rocks." I usually take it with a some 2% milk and a banana.

Why does it make me Constipated and what other protein powder within reasonable price range would you recommend that wouldn't cause constipation.

Add in some soluable fiber to your protein shake and you should correct the problem.

Good luck.

BK

Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Cool

Hey, protein powder does the same to me as well. I even get so constipated my side starts hurting. Muscle milk was the only one that didnt constipate me. Optimum nutrition is the worst. I foud taking acidophilus helps, and up your intake of water.

blkws6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkws6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkws6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkws6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkws6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) blkws6 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just get a fiber supplement and take to help out. works like a charm.
    "Obsessed is a word the LAZY use to describe the DEDICATED"

www.bodyspace.com/blkws6

www.myspace.com/jason99ws6

veilone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They pretty much gave you the answer, you need to increase your fiber if you are on a high protein diet. Sometimes being on a higher protein than carbs can constipate you because all protein rich foods have little or no fiber.

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Add 10g psyllium per day to your diet. get it at the supermarket.

Plus, I see plenty of diets posted on here with no veges/fruit. Veges are MANDATORY to add nutrients & stop contipation.
    Last edited by GregT; 12-29-2006 at 06:24 PM.

michael0686 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re:

Optimum Nutrition also hurts my sides. Are you still taking muscle milk? I'm trying to find something that doesn't constipate....

Originally Posted by Immichaelski View Post
    Hey, protein powder does the same to me as well. I even get so constipated my side starts hurting. Muscle milk was the only one that didnt constipate me. Optimum nutrition is the worst. I foud taking acidophilus helps, and up your intake of water.