Registered User lowriderman3081's Avatar
    lowriderman3081 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What should I wear to a gym interview?

I have usually worn a tie to an interview for any other job, but wondered if it would be ok to just wear, khaki pants, dress shoes, and a polo shirt for a personal trainer interview? or should I stick to wearing a tie?

cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cepster has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dress to impress. Wear a full suit. You can also wear dress pants, dress shirt with vest. Dressing formally for a job position shows that you're interested in going above and beyond and that will likely transition over to your work.
    Good luck

pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10) pacificd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good story... A trainer/gym teacher I know had worked in a district and a position suddenly became available. A principal called him and said "come right down here now we have a position and want to interview you!" the candidate told his friend/principal "i'm on the field coaching wearing warm-ups you sure its cool" the guy said come down in whatever you are wearing and hurry. He shows up and it is a board room style interview all guys in suits including superintendent.He did not get the job and even though the suit may not have been a factor he swears now to always go full suit.

Suited and booted!

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I used to be on the other side of the table and though khakis and a polo shirt would be fine, shirt, tie and slacks would definitely look better. And if you've got a suit, go for it.

The thing that would irk me the most would be people showing up in workout attire. One guy even showed up in shorts and flip flops. And pulled a folded up resume out of his back pocket.
    facepalm!!
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Paler than Chalk GuinnessStrong's Avatar
    GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000) GuinnessStrong is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    I used to be on the other side of the table and though khakis and a polo shirt would be fine, shirt, tie and slacks would definitely look better. And if you've got a suit, go for it.

The thing that would irk me the most would be people showing up in workout attire. One guy even showed up in shorts and flip flops. And pulled a folded up resume out of his back pocket.
    facepalm!!
    A guy that they interviewed just before me at a gym here allegedly produced his 12 pack when they asked for a resume.
    445/365/525

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by lowriderman3081 View Post
    I have usually worn a tie to an interview for any other job, but wondered if it would be ok to just wear, khaki pants, dress shoes, and a polo shirt for a personal trainer interview? or should I stick to wearing a tie?
    Better to overdress than underdress.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your country must be different. If a prospective employee showed up in a suit for anything but an office job here Down Under, they'd think he was a complete tosser.

Slacks, polo, clean shoes.

Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rallyye has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    youre gonna look like an idiot if you roll up wearing a suit and tie. just wear as you said a polo shirt and maybe trackpants.

ps. go semi formal?

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    This thread has been done AT LEAST 21 times before...

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/search...chid=563131023
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Fitness Inspired Hosting HostGuts's Avatar
    HostGuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    polo shirt with slacks and a polished black shoe will be aptful.
    i personally feel the shirt should fit your body and not too loosy.
    HostGuts.com
    Strong & Healthy Space to have your Website