Closed Thread
Page 127 of 325 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 9748
    cookaymuscle has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking Yes!

Hit 1 X Bodyweight squats (187 lbs) this morn with good form! That's my first goal on this program reached!

Next goal... 1 X Bodyweight bench!

This program rules.

feelsgoodman.jpg

Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sup guys, I just thought I would post a pic of my progress on this routine

The first pic was taken on 17th November, and I started this routine on 3rd December, second picture was taken 23rd February so I *think* this is around 3-4 months worth of progress (probably closer to 3 actually)

How is my progress for this time frame?

Edit: Legs have also gotten bigger, but I unfortunately don't really have any progress pics for that as I didn't take a picture of them before

dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Tal106 View Post

The first pic was taken on 17th November, and I started this routine on 3rd December, second picture was taken 23rd February so I *think* this is around 3-4 months worth of progress (probably closer to 3 actually)

Edit: Legs have also gotten bigger, but I unfortunately don't really have any progress pics for that as I didn't take a picture of them before
    Nice work - well done! I think you've filled out very well while staying relatively lean! Keep at it!

univega has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can you also add lifts and your weight? it will be interesting to see how much stronger you got.

i think you gained a lot muscle in 3 months.

Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Tal106 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks guys

As for my lifts:
    I made a post in another thread stating my lifts on 23rd of November

Going from then to now (I assume my form and stuff has improved and helped me lift more, I think the form on all of my lifts are good now):

Squat: 80kg - 102.5kg (Tried 102.5kg yesterday, might have to reset as I was unable to go as low (ATG) as I could at 100kg, but still past parallel on all reps)
    Deadlift: 60kg (lmao) - 115kg
    Bench: 50kg - 65kg
    Overhead press: 30kg - 47.5kg

I never did rows before but now I'm doing 55kg
    Last edited by Tal106; 02-26-2013 at 03:47 AM.

Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    awesome, just started this routine On monday. doing workout B tomorrow morning.

Squat - 50KG (felt like I could do a lot more, but first time squatting and didnt feel that solid footed holding the bar so I held off until I get a better feel for it)
    Bench - 40KG
    Rows - 20KG + the EZ bar whatever that weighs
    Shrugs - did 30KG + the EZ bar
    skullcrusher - 9KG dumbell

Question with WOrkout B and doing the presses, do them in a squat rack using the oly bar? or just using a barbell and deadlift the weight up?

Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Awhat View Post
    Question with WOrkout B and doing the presses, do them in a squat rack using the oly bar? or just using a barbell and deadlift the weight up?
    do it in squat rack,if you pick it from floor you will loose too much energy and probably hurt yourself

dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) dohste has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Awhat View Post
    I always use an olymbic bar - know exactly what it weighs so that's just one less variable than if I were to start using the other ones. If there's no shortage of racks in your gym I'd go ahead and do it there. There's only two racks in the gym I go to and so after hogging one for about 30min with the squats I normally take a bar from one of the many bench press setups. Don't think it's really going to make much of a difference though...

Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Awhat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Soulforged View Post
    do it in squat rack,if you pick it from floor you will loose too much energy and probably hurt yourself
    alright cheers

Originally Posted by dohste View Post
    I always use an olymbic bar - know exactly what it weighs so that's just one less variable than if I were to start using the other ones. If there's no shortage of racks in your gym I'd go ahead and do it there. There's only two racks in the gym I go to and so after hogging one for about 30min with the squats I normally take a bar from one of the many bench press setups. Don't think it's really going to make much of a difference though...

well we only have one squat rack (notsureifsrs) so I'll just grab it before anyone else does haha cheers brah

Originally Posted by Soulforged View Post
    I'm definitely still a novice lifter, so I'm open to being contradicted. But at least for myself the weight I can overhead press is so much less to my deadlift that I've no concerns with taking it from the floor...

Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Soulforged has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm definitely still a novice lifter, so I'm open to being contradicted. But at least for myself the weight I can overhead press is so much less to my deadlift that I've no concerns with taking it from the floor...
    sure but you have to pull it up to chest ,and there you will exhaust shoulders for nothing

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Unless you're training to be an olympic lifter or need it for your sport, there is absolutely no reason why you should be power cleaning at this point. Even if it is a light weight, you'll be putting more effort into getting into the starting position than you should, which can affect your performance in the lift itself. Besides, it's not hard to have it at shoulder height in a squat rack and start from there.

Originally Posted by Winfamy View Post
    Unless you're training to be an olympic lifter or need it for your sport, there is absolutely no reason why you should be power cleaning at this point. Even if it is a light weight, you'll be putting more effort into getting into the starting position than you should, which can affect your performance in the lift itself. Besides, it's not hard to have it at shoulder height in a squat rack and start from there.
    Thanks for the feedback. The only reason I ever clean it from the floor is because the rack is being used or the such. But considering the comments here I might in future just do a different exercise first and wait for the rack to free up again...

Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10) Thaedius is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Just came off a cycle of 5-3-1, and have since been doing research. As not quite a rank novice lifter (years past experience, plus regular military PT so good conditioning) I decided to go with Jason's program. Yesterday was Workout A, and it damn near took me 2 hours. Considering I had access to squat rack and benches without too much competition, and definitely no waiting, is this an appropriate amount of time for this workout? Or am I resting too long in between sets?

It's not an issue if it takes 2 hours, but I just feel like I'm doing it wrong, haha.
    Audioholic - Paradigm Studio 100's, CC-690, Velodyne DD-15, Pioneer Elite VSX-94TXH. When I play my music loud, neighbors down the street hear it.

Originally Posted by Thaedius View Post
    Just came off a cycle of 5-3-1, and have since been doing research. As not quite a rank novice lifter (years past experience, plus regular military PT so good conditioning) I decided to go with Jason's program. Yesterday was Workout A, and it damn near took me 2 hours. Considering I had access to squat rack and benches without too much competition, and definitely no waiting, is this an appropriate amount of time for this workout? Or am I resting too long in between sets?

It's not an issue if it takes 2 hours, but I just feel like I'm doing it wrong, haha.
    1:15h to 2h is range where it should be

eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) eirta has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've started doing this, I like it. I like it because its not too difficult to get through on the day though the next day I feel like every muscle has been raped! But I know the body will only change if it thinks it needs to in order to survive. We shall see what a few months of this program shall do. Thank you!

A question regarding the cutting version - I know the basics and checked out the original, and many revisited answers, to "how do you cut" on it. So I'm happy with dropping to 3x5 and 2x8 etc.

But, I do remember a video from Jason where, in defending a 5x5 routine, he made the point that doing a total of 25 reps with a heavier weight in 5x5 can't be worse than doing only 24 reps with a lighter weight using 3x8. This was the argument in his video that managed to convince me to give it a try. But now in the cutting version we've dropped to 3x5 for a total of only 15 reps. Has anyone considered for this reason in switching to 3x8's for cutting??

I had my first cutting session yesterday and just felt like I had more in me and was "cheating" by stopping after only the 3 sets of 5. Started my deficit on the Saturday if that matters...

lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lrd3 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

nice work.... keep at it... you can see a definite difference in over all development... good 3 month pics. i posted mine a few pages back. but onely Link showed up.... what gives?
    +reps to you...
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #28 -!!!---!!!-
    *** ice cream and iron crew # 3 ***

ken95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get some low back pain when I'm working out,I don't know if it's herniated or what but in the days I rest it goes away.Should I follow this program?Also I have tight anckles and tight hamstrings so I can't squat or DL properly.

Tide89 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A question regarding the cutting version - I know the basics and checked out the original, and many revisited answers, to "how do you cut" on it. So I'm happy with dropping to 3x5 and 2x8 etc.

But, I do remember a video from Jason where, in defending a 5x5 routine, he made the point that doing a total of 25 reps with a heavier weight in 5x5 can't be worse than doing only 24 reps with a lighter weight using 3x8. This was the argument in his video that managed to convince me to give it a try. But now in the cutting version we've dropped to 3x5 for a total of only 15 reps. Has anyone considered for this reason in switching to 3x8's for cutting??

I had my first cutting session yesterday and just felt like I had more in me and was "cheating" by stopping after only the 3 sets of 5. Started my deficit on the Saturday if that matters...
    It's been stated a few times in this thread that you can start out doing 5x5 while on a cut, but once you start stalling out to switch down to 3x8.

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tide89 View Post
    It's been stated a few times in this thread that you can start out doing 5x5 while on a cut, but once you start stalling out to switch down to 3x8.
    Actually it's switch from 5x5 and 3x8... down to 3x5 and 2x8
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)

The reason for cutting the volume is because of the caloric deficit you're less likely to be fully recovered for the next workout. I've always been on a cut. I started out in the full version of the program because I was able to recover for my next workout when the weight was lighter. When the weight became too heavy for my recover I converted down to the 3x5 rep scheme and several lifts I'm only added 2.5lbs per workout, but I'm still progressing forward and that's all that really matters.

Workout Journal:

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    The reason for cutting the volume is because of the caloric deficit you're less likely to be fully recovered for the next workout. I've always been on a cut. I started out in the full version of the program because I was able to recover for my next workout when the weight was lighter. When the weight became too heavy for my recover I converted down to the 3x5 rep scheme and several lifts I'm only added 2.5lbs per workout, but I'm still progressing forward and that's all that really matters.
    Thanks for the input! Suppose the key, as you said, is just to be progressing. So if I do that with 3x5's while cutting then all's good. I have to say though the whole idea of making strength gains while in a caloric deficit is something I find a little counter-intuitive. But suppose I'll just keep at it and not over think it!

Thanks for the input! Suppose the key, as you said, is just to be progressing. So if I do that with 3x5's while cutting then all's good. I have to say though the whole idea of making strength gains while in a caloric deficit is something I find a little counter-intuitive. But suppose I'll just keep at it and not over think it!
    The gains are still possible, they just come slower.

Workout Journal:

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The gains are still possible, they just come slower.
    Increasing strength is possible to a minor amount, increasing muscle mass is not possible for almost all while in a caloric deficit. The purpose of making sure to keep up with the heavy working sets is to preserve as much muscle as possible.

Originally Posted by Charlie581 View Post
    Increasing strength is possible to a minor amount, increasing muscle mass is not possible for almost all while in a caloric deficit. The purpose of making sure to keep up with the heavy working sets is to preserve as much muscle as possible.
    Yeah that makes sense to me... Suppose the strength gains come from the CNS then...

Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Charlie581 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeah that makes sense to me... Suppose the strength gains come from the CNS then...
    Eric Helms from 3D Muscle Journey had a Q&A regarding it. Skip to about 2:25 in the video, thats when he starts talking about it.

As well Brad Loomis from the same coaching team has a video regarding the inevitable strength loss that comes once one reachers further into the cut.
    (a little more boring but great info non the less.)

Last edited by Charlie581; 02-26-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Eric Helms from 3D Muscle Journey had a Q&A regarding it. Skip to about 2:25 in the video, thats when he starts talking about it.

As well Brad Loomis from the same coaching team has a video regarding the inevitable strength loss that comes once one reachers further into the cut.
    (a little more boring but great info non the less.)

Embedded

Workout Journal:

Embedded
    literally just found out how to embed it, gonna fix it now :/ lol im dumb
    Last edited by Charlie581; 02-26-2013 at 08:57 AM.

Whiteboii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    How long have you been lifting?
    Are your macro's in their preferred ranges?
    Have you tried deloading or bumping your weights back 10% and working back up?
    Are you properly benching? In 3 months bench should have gone up

Theres a lot of variables that need to be covered to account for stalling and before bailing on the routine
    Yes my macros are perfect.
    Have i deloaded bench maybe 5 times in the past 3 months, and maybe 2 times for every other lift.
    Yes i have been properly benching, but it's not just bench, all my lifts seem to not be going up.

Closed Thread
Page 127 of 325 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast