cyaylorpt1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Possible competition? Too little time?

I'm new to this board.. More of a browser to questions, little afraid to post to be honest.

Anyway, I want to do a competition. Specifically- I want to enter the IDFA Transformation Challenege.. I believe it has less pressure to have a lower body fat % as long as the results are dramatic from the before photo.

I use to weigh 380 pounds.. I'm now about 200. I'm female, I'm at about 35% body fat. I want to do the transformation Challenege in July.
    Any recommendations? I am a personal trainer (I have my own studio where I specialize with obese clients, but not limited to), so I have my private workout space. I've also been eating low-carb & recently started with L-Carnitine 3000mg liquid.
    I'm super new to the competition world, I'd love ANY advice I could get. I eventually would love to do a competition besides the transformation Challenege but right now I don't think 4 months is enough time to lose 15% body fat?

Thanks in advance for your help

Solid at room temperature l3al3yJane's Avatar
    l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by cyaylorpt1 View Post
    I'm new to this board.. More of a browser to questions, little afraid to post to be honest.

Anyway, I want to do a competition. Specifically- I want to enter the IDFA Transformation Challenege.. I believe it has less pressure to have a lower body fat % as long as the results are dramatic from the before photo.

I use to weigh 380 pounds.. I'm now about 200. I'm female, I'm at about 35% body fat. I want to do the transformation Challenege in July.
    Any recommendations? I am a personal trainer (I have my own studio where I specialize with obese clients, but not limited to), so I have my private workout space. I've also been eating low-carb & recently started with L-Carnitine 3000mg liquid.
    I'm super new to the competition world, I'd love ANY advice I could get. I eventually would love to do a competition besides the transformation Challenege but right now I don't think 4 months is enough time to lose 15% body fat?

I highly recommend reading this thread and adjusting your goals: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=130738983

Basically, do not devalue the sport any more than it already has been by rushing to get on stage. Do a transformation contest if you would like, but figure prep deserves a lot more than 4 months and it is not for someone who has over 15% body fat and at least 70 lbs to lose.
    "Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control: now." -Denis Waitley

ytweety79 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

If you are currently 200lbs & 35% bf, then your lean body mass would be approximately 130lbs. For that 130lbs to be 85% of your weight(15%BF- IF the LBM stays the same), you would need to weigh 153. That's 47lbs...2lbs is the 'healthy goal' x 16wks...may come up a lil short around 168. This is just math, you're body could totally respond differently but that's how I calculate when I'm trying to figure it out for my clients. It also depends on your LBM and whether it stays the same or not, usually whenever you lose weight you drop some muscle as well. Hope that helps some! Still a great goal and you have made HUGE progress so far! Way ta go!

Originally Posted by l3al3yJane View Post
    I highly recommend reading this thread and adjusting your goals:
    Basically, do not devalue the sport any more than it already has been by rushing to get on stage. Do a transformation contest if you would like, but figure prep deserves a lot more than 4 months and it is not for someone who has over 15% body fat and at least 70 lbs to lose.
    I definitely agree on waiting to get on stage. Doing the transformation is and AWESOME goal. Getting on stage for some may take a year or more.

cyaylorpt1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the comments! I have decided with the transformation challenge, it's a great way to start, & I definitely don't want to rush if it's not a realistic goal. I wasn't sure time frames or anything as I'm super new to this but definitely want to learn.

Thanks again for the input, I appreciate it

Thanks for all the comments! I have decided with the transformation challenge, it's a great way to start, & I definitely don't want to rush if it's not a realistic goal. I wasn't sure time frames or anything as I'm super new to this but definitely want to learn.

Thanks again for the input, I appreciate it
    Good luck! Enjoy the journey!
    "No Other Option"

Nicole M. Thompson, MA ;)
    www.nmtfitness.com
    www.********.com/nmtfitness
    IG: @Coachnict
    www.coachnict.blogspot.com
    http://www.workouttrainer.com/home/trainers/nicole-thompson