FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Post PT a good future? Tell me bout ur pasts.

Alright so im 17 right now and i want to become a PT in about a year, taking few extra classes in nutrition and health. And would like to know which certificates are best that you guys prefer. I saw the stickied thread. And the top 3. Yet what about ISSA? And how are you guys doing with income? Hours? How do your customers work with you? Is it a good job? All of the details pls :P

(Hope this is fine that i posted in this section.)

Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Heres a thread every trainer coming into the biz should read:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=151544933

Aside from that, money wise, you can make as much as you want to. As JUST a trainer, (not a business owner) you can make money 2 ways. 1) get a lot of clients. 2) charge a lot of money. Unfortunately, you can't get credentials without having a lot of clientele, so you usually have to have 1 before 2, unless you live in a good spot. The money is ok, I would say the average trainer can make 20-40,000$, but you'll be putting in a lot of hours. count on working all morning and all night. I do 16 hr days quite a lot. also keep in mind you are usually only getting paid for 8-10 of those. It's a tough industry in my opinion, but has great reward if you like helping people change their lives.
    "There is no one right way, everyone is different"

-B.S. Pre-Med/Biology from CMU and ex-CMU Wide Receiver
    -NASM CPT, PES, CES
    -Current trainer of elite athletes
    -Future Elite BowHunter and certified Lungcutter

Official 1st Phorm Ambassador

https://coachmatt.1stphorm.com/

FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) FotoShopped has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Footballa_19 View Post
    Heres a thread every trainer coming into the biz should read:

Aside from that, money wise, you can make as much as you want to. As JUST a trainer, (not a business owner) you can make money 2 ways. 1) get a lot of clients. 2) charge a lot of money. Unfortunately, you can't get credentials without having a lot of clientele, so you usually have to have 1 before 2, unless you live in a good spot. The money is ok, I would say the average trainer can make 20-40,000$, but you'll be putting in a lot of hours. count on working all morning and all night. I do 16 hr days quite a lot. also keep in mind you are usually only getting paid for 8-10 of those. It's a tough industry in my opinion, but has great reward if you like helping people change their lives.
    Very nice, bookmarked that thread, but have a question, at the gym when i workout, i always see pts just chillin, talking to other pts. Im sure theyre not getting paid in those hours right? Only paid when you have a client? And Does the Gym support you for clients? Or are there few ways?

Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Footballa_19 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FotoShopped View Post
    Very nice, bookmarked that thread, but have a question, at the gym when i workout, i always see pts just chillin, talking to other pts. Im sure theyre not getting paid in those hours right? Only paid when you have a client? And Does the Gym support you for clients? Or are there few ways?
    If they are independent Pt's then they are standing around for free, if the gym employs them they might be getting paid, but I doubt it. I work at a franchised Gold's Gym and I get paid pretty well, but not if I'm standin around. My gym does help with clients, but like I said, a PT is only as good as you market yourself. Over a few months the gym might bring in enough people to make a decent wage, but do yourself a favor and go out and find lots of clients from the get go. Flyers, newspaper ads, lawn signs, vehicle stickers, the skys the limit, but you have to make the effort. A wise man once told me, don't ever rely on anyone else to make you your money when your self-employed.
    "There is no one right way, everyone is different"

-B.S. Pre-Med/Biology from CMU and ex-CMU Wide Receiver
    -NASM CPT, PES, CES
    -Current trainer of elite athletes
    -Future Elite BowHunter and certified Lungcutter

Official 1st Phorm Ambassador

https://coachmatt.1stphorm.com/

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    People that make the most money are generally good at writing, reading, communicating effectively, and public speaking. I don't know many fields in which these skills are not useful. If you work on those, you are personable, and you are ready to work for it, you can make a living in almost any field.

Salary will vary considerably from one person to the next. Unless you are an in a very affluent area, don't be expecting to ever make six figures unless you are a business owner. Starting a business does not guarantee this either because the majority will fail. I don't say this to turn you away, but to let you know what you are going up against.

What you will find as you get older is that the crap that you are worried about now, generally won't matter in a few years. You wasted a lot of time thinking about it. For instance, certifications really don't matter. I don't know what certifications other trainers have at my gym, hardly anyone has ever asked me what certifications I have, and I have never thought someone to be a better trainer because of this or that certification. Just go for something recognizable for potential employers. For instance, I've never heard of anyone turning down an ACSM, NSCA, or NASM certified trainer.

Good luck.

Pretty sure the gym employs them cuz of the shirts they wear hah, alright tho will keep this on my mind. Thanks for all the knowledge, very much appreciated.

Sounds like a great challenge Looking forward to it. Most of the certificates are free online tests? Right? That you just print out when you pass? Or you have to actually go to class? I know issa is online, and im looking to go to college next year and is it worth going? Like should i or is it nessessarry?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Any reputable course costs money (ranges from $400-$700 usually) and you will have to study quite hard to pass.

Yes, you should go to college. Always choose the option of higher education if you have the choice at your age, just having the piece of paper will open way more doors. You're 17 and odds are you want to do PT because it seems fun and interesting, not because it is what you are going to do for the rest of your life.

Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post
    Any reputable course costs money (ranges from $400-$700 usually) and you will have to study quite hard to pass.

Yes, you should go to college. Always choose the option of higher education if you have the choice at your age, just having the piece of paper will open way more doors. You're 17 and odds are you want to do PT because it seems fun and interesting, not because it is what you are going to do for the rest of your life.
    alright sounds good. Any classes you prefer?? I was thinking maybe even when i get older, have a business phd so i could even open a gym up. But thats just an idea

Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10) Endevorforever is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FotoShopped View Post
    alright sounds good. Any classes you prefer?? I was thinking maybe even when i get older, have a business phd so i could even open a gym up. But thats just an idea
    Sure you could go that route, but a PhD it isn't a necessary thing to do. Start now by taking basic biology and anatomy. If that appeals to you keep going with personal training.

Originally Posted by Endevorforever View Post
    Sure you could go that route, but a PhD it isn't a necessary thing to do. Start now by taking basic biology and anatomy. If that appeals to you keep going with personal training.
    Hmm okay Will do those two classes! Thanks bro rep'd

Anymore wisdom from anyone?