PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Carb Help Please!

Ok so I know that diet is all calories in/calories out but I follow/enjoy a low carb lifestyle. It just works for me. That being said, all my research and skimming forums/articles have alot of people telling me its important to up my carbs. I'm on a cut and try to stay below 30gm/day balancing out my other macros/calories. I do full body lift routine 3x wk w/3 sets to failure. 6 days a week I do hip hop abs, 3-4x wk I do 60-90 min of tae bo and wrap up with an hour of power yoga 7 days wk.

While I enjoy my low carb life and am happy with my workout popular opinion seems to say I'd do better adding carbs. The thing is I'm a type 2 diabetic in remission and a definite carb addict. Heres my questions.

1.is it really necessary for me to increase my carbs and if so why? What edge would this give me?

2.if carbs are that important than couldn't I just go on a carb cycling program n eat them just on certain workout days? Anyone with experience on this and what would be the best way to follow this kind of program b/c I think I could stick more to a carb cycle plan then adding carbs 7 days wk.

3.what are your favorite carb foods that you find dont evoke tons of cravings and that whole"give me more!" Response.

Boiling it all down I guess ive made the decision to follow a carb cycling plan bc I feel I'm more likey to follow this long term. Same questions above apply but also any suggestions on a"plan".
    I've read the Anabolic Diet, Chose to lose (chris powell), crack the fat loss code, Tnt. Are any of these recommend in your opinion or is there a diff plan you'd recommend.

thanks in advance for any advice/help

PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PsychoWriter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    oh and when is the best time to eat carbs? I lift in the morning Monday Wednesday Friday is it better to eat them the night before or before the exercise, after the exercise- when is the best time to utilize carbohydrates. because this is the information I'm going to use to create my carb cycle diet around.

Thanks

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There is no reason to eat carbs if you rather not.

I function better without them as do many. It's about personal preference etc

jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessyToo has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by AlwaysTryin View Post
    There is no reason to eat carbs if you rather not.

I function better without them as do many. It's about personal preference etc
    I do not agree on this. Carbs are part of a balanced diet just as enough protein and fat is. They are an important energy source for your body and also has influences on your hormone production (not only insulin). Speaking of insulin - use the carbs to your advantage to steer your insulin production. This is benefitial for you muscle development and regeneration. Moreover your body adjusts to your meal habits over time which will trouble you insulin sensivity.
    Personally I also went with a very low carb approach over quite some time. Than I switched to carb cycling and felt a lot better. Also helped with the muscle gain / maintanance during cut. Moreover got my metabolism started and further increased fat loss. I feel this is the best option if you do not want to eat more carbs on a regular basis.

Thank you both. I do feel better without ther carbs but as I said I want to try the carb cycle thing cuz I think thats the only way I'd feel ok and have control. Can you give me more info on the cycling plan you followed like I said theres so many out there. What works for you? Also when are the best days to have a higher carb day? Thanks.

softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) softpounder is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jessyToo View Post
    I do not agree on this. Carbs are part of a balanced diet just as enough protein and fat is. They are an important energy source for your body and also has influences on your hormone production (not only insulin). Speaking of insulin - use the carbs to your advantage to steer your insulin production. This is benefitial for you muscle development and regeneration. Moreover your body adjusts to your meal habits over time which will trouble you insulin sensivity.
    Personally I also went with a very low carb approach over quite some time. Than I switched to carb cycling and felt a lot better. Also helped with the muscle gain / maintanance during cut. Moreover got my metabolism started and further increased fat loss. I feel this is the best option if you do not want to eat more carbs on a regular basis.
    A lot of keto users have experienced good results too. For sure I lovr carbs, but you can't say that carbs are a necessity. Only fat and protein is for muscle and hormones.
    Retired 74kg PL Open Division (3 meets)

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by softpounder View Post
    A lot of keto users have experienced good results too.
    I agree strongly.

shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shogun1991 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if what your doing is working and you feel good and your health is in check then keep doing what your doing.

if it come to the point where your health was suffering from it then its time to change, but if its not broke then why fix it? i know plenty of people who go super low carbs and have the same energy levels as people like me who tend to eat large amount of carbs.

So basically your saying that as far as working out goes carbs are only there for extra energy right? Cuz I'm fine sticking where I am it's just I keep hearing you need to carb up before or after you lift, eating carbs essential to getting maximum pump, etc. bunch of junk like that. Thats the only reason I was going to change it up cuz I thought I'd get faster and/or better results.

Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Iusedtobefat99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Carbs are the one macro that humans can survive forever on ABSOLUTELY ZERO intake. They are overrated and inhibit lipolysis. It's simple stuff
    Yes I know I am fat and weak. I'm working on it.
    I REP BACK.
    Everyone at BB constantly preaches meal timing is irrelevant. Then they religiously take a whey shake post-workout just to prove it.
    Ketosis: Because initiating lipolysis during a cut is obviously a terrible thing.
    Primal eating: Because cutting out processed foods is obviously a terrible thing.

AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlwaysTryin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jessyToo View Post
    I do not agree on this. Carbs are part of a balanced diet just as enough protein and fat is. They are an important energy source for your body and also has influences on your hormone production (not only insulin).
    Carbs are not essential, nor needed for energy in ketosis