evenflownj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ironmaster Superbench

First of all I would like to send a big THANKS! to all of those who have reviewed products and gave great advice for us newbies to use. I appreciate it and hope to give some back as I start my journey.

Per the reviews. I decided to order a Powertec rack (Best Buy Fitness) and an Ironmaster Superbench from Ironmaster (combo pack with dip and crunch situp). The rack is on backorder, but I received the bench and it looks very solid and the reviews were spot on. I tried the dip and the bench did not move (I am about 185 lbs).

Side note - the bench came damaged at first probably from shipping. I called Ironmaster right before Christmas and I had a new bench the day after Christmas. They set up Fedex to pick up the damaged unit. Great customer service.

Assembly was easy, four bolts for the bench and some screws for the dip bar and the cruch attachment. Probably took no longer than an hour from unpacking to use.

I have not used it yet as I am waiting for the rack. Currently have a Bowflex (yes I was a sucker).

Plan on reviewing the rack when I get it and starting Rippletoe ASAP. Hoping to gain mass. Worked out on/off for many years, never had a plan. Now I have a plan and will execute it. Thanks again to this forum and others like it.

Some pics are at a flickr account as they seem to be too large to attach.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/22392752@N05/
    - Blessed he who clearly sees the wood for the trees.
    To obtain a 'bird's eye' is to turn a blizzard into a breeze.

You never heard of Eric Huthinson!

Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kendzlic has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Congrats on the new equipment man. You'll love the bench. I have it along with their DB's and have zero complaints. Good luck.

QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000) QUALITYGUY1 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

Congrats on your new additions. If anything, you can now be safe working out because of the rack....that in itself is probably the most important thing, regardless of the brand.
    "it's always a good day to start lifting"
    Flex Magazine, Mar. '07, pg.44

"There is no secret routine, there is no magical number of reps and sets. What there is, is confidence, belief, hard work on a consistant basis, and a desire to succeed. This is what I mean when I say accept your limits and when the time is right, you will push right through your limits time and time again, mentally and physically."
    --Steve Justa

namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) namthainguyen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

congratulation on your new super bench.
    i am glad u like it. However, i have diffirent opinion about the bench. the only thing that I agree with u is that the bench is solid, stable.
    I got mine about 2 weeks ago but kind of regret it. let me tell u the reasons:

first of all, the seating attachment is not supposed to be 90 degree to the bench at every angle. it is good when the bench at straight up for military press, but when you position it at medium high incline, the seat should not be at 90 degree to the bench at all because the seat just stick up in the air and keep hitting my thigh when i try to sit down with heavy dumbells in my hands and it is extremly hard to kick up the dumbells with your legs to start the lifting. other benches on the market are much easier, u just grab dumbells, slowly walking backward, and sit down. nevertheless, at low incline, i do like the fact that u can just leave the seat attachment off.

secondly, the seat attachment should be securely attached to the bench while in use like there should be a pin or something, not just being loosely inserted ( kindda like the pin at the end of the bench where u attach and tighten the dip handles)

third, the padding is way too firm( ok i am a little too picky, let the third one slide)

fourth, with this price $219 plus shipping, it's almost $300 and the wheels come as optional, which would be another $35 something, plus you have to get the leg hold down attachment for about $40..for the decline positions to work ( all FID bench on the market has leg hold down attachment comes as standard, no extra cost)... ****!...the total would be around $350 maybe ltille more, for this price i couldda bought a commercial bench.

If i don't spend more $ for the wheels, i am afraid the padding eventually will be ripped off from the frame since everytime i need to move it, the padding is the only thing i can grab, not the frame ( the bench is kindda heavy).

The only reason i bought this bench because of small footprint and dip attachment, but i don't think it is worth it. if i could starts all over again, i'd buy Hoist bench
    I just went and looked at the Hoist bench and liked it much better than ironmaster's
    Last edited by namthainguyen; 01-04-2008 at 04:11 AM.

evenflownj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the honest review and the words of support. I apprecaite the feedback. I have not used the bench yet as I am still waiting for the Powertec rack. I will post some comments after I use the bench for a while.
    - Blessed he who clearly sees the wood for the trees.
    To obtain a 'bird's eye' is to turn a blizzard into a breeze.

You never heard of Eric Huthinson!

greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) greenleaf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is the bench made in US or China?

KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KSA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    China

If it was made in USA, it will be more more expensive.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

Ironmaster

Sounds like you're finally off to a great start; sorry about the Bowflex(!), good choice on the rack and bench; excellent choice on Rippetoe. Good luck.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jay415 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the same bench and have been very happy with it, except for 1 little gripe that I am now starting to get used to. The height of the bench is slightly higher than other benches I have used. I am 5'7" and have found it hard to place my feet flat on the floor to flat bench with good form. When I started using the bench I would over arch my back too much, but after using it a while I can now flat bench with the proper natural arch in my back. The change is probably due to increased flexibility in my hips. But anyways you'll love it. Good Luck
    Last edited by jay415; 03-31-2008 at 09:02 PM.

rackpull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rackpull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jay415 View Post
    I have the same bench and have been very happy with it, except for 1 little gripe that I am now starting to get used to. The height of the bench is slightly higher than other benches I have used. I am 5'7" and have found it hard to place my feet flat on the floor to flat bench with good form. When I started using the bench I would over arch my back too much, but after using it a while I can now flat bench with the proper natural arch in my back. The change is probably due to increased flexibility in my hips. But anyways you'll love it. Good Luck
    i'm thinking about ordering the ironmaster bench and one of the reasons is the 20" height. my POS newyorkbarbells FID bench is 22 1/2" high. and the decline is impossible to use---the angle is too steep when trying to put your feet down to the floor where the pads are, ironmaster looks like it has a much better angle for your legs and feet when doing declines. i don't like the split pad and the wide gap inbetween on mine either, i like the ironmasters solid pad. it sucks that i will have to order the wheels separate though.

buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) buening has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You guys need to learn to negotiate. He threw in the wheel kit for an extra $10 on my order. I ordered the DBs and the bench.