sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Mid Night Protein Whey or Casein?

After my workout what type of protein should i consume and what type should i consume in the middle of night?

I usually workout at around 6-8 and eat after and then down a shake right before bed. Just got casein and read about how its good and a lot of pros do the mid night shake. So how should i equate this.

Usually take 2 scoops whey before bed. So what scoopage would i take for the entire day for whey and casein. And im clean/mildly bulkings..

Sam

IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Taking whey before bed is pointless. Take whey after your workout, and casein before you go to bed. Casein isn't really necessary, as you can just drink milk before bed.

xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRZRx is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    take whey post workout.

take casein any other time, especially at night before bed

sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) sam9007 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by IRockNikes View Post
    Taking whey before bed is pointless. Take whey after your workout, and casein before you go to bed. Casein isn't really necessary, as you can just drink milk before bed.
    Retarded nomination.

Anyone who wants to read will glady be thanked for a answer. Other than whey after workout casien b4 bed.

Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Obsessed4Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I wake up at 3 am every night and have a casein shake. People on here would say its pointless but then again their idiots.
    Protein digestion and the rate it occurs at doesnt just come from whats consumed, the amount consumed is a big factor many are to stuiped to see.
    I got to bed around 11 so at 9-930 i take my zma then around 10-1030 have some cottage cheese.
    Unless im eating 4 cups of the **** i wake up starving around 3. Even though its casein it does not last more than 4-5hours. Thats still 4-5 hours of being without any food.
    Do what you want.
    Casein is the way to go before bed if u wanna sleep solid through.
    When i fall, i wont get back up... thats why i never fall.

IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IRockNikes is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by sam9007 View Post
    Retarded nomination.

Anyone who wants to read will glady be thanked for a answer. Other than whey after workout casien b4 bed.
    What don't you understand? You take whey after your workout, and casein before bed.
    Stats: 140 lbs, 15, deep red.

stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) stircrazy101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    actually whey mixed with milk some people use as casien because it takes longer to be digested when mixed with milk

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Whey + casein has been shown by studies to be most effective/beneficial. The notion of casein being a bad post-workout protein is a misconception.
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

Originally Posted by Obsessed4Life View Post
    I wake up at 3 am every night and have a casein shake. People on here would say its pointless but then again their idiots.
    Protein digestion and the rate it occurs at doesnt just come from whats consumed, the amount consumed is a big factor many are to stuiped to see.
    I got to bed around 11 so at 9-930 i take my zma then around 10-1030 have some cottage cheese.
    Unless im eating 4 cups of the **** i wake up starving around 3. Even though its casein it does not last more than 4-5hours. Thats still 4-5 hours of being without any food.
    Do what you want.
    Great post. Now my question would be that i dont deep sleep i wake up to take a piss at around 3-4 o clock. So should i take my casein shake then. Now i would take whey after i workout which is at around 8.

Originally Posted by IRockNikes View Post
    What don't you understand? You take whey after your workout, and casein before bed.
    Stats: 140 lbs, 15, deep red.
    Yea i swim with the red fishes what. U must be beast too.

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do what you want.
    Just because your body does not have a constant flow of protein/nitrogen balance does not mean it goes into a catabolic state and start breaking down muscles. Although it is beneficial to have protein before bed, it's a misconception to think that it'll have a detrimental effect. I rather get my quality sleep.
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

brb myofascial release Two_Tens's Avatar
    Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50) Two_Tens will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hahahahaha, I hope you're kidding..

A solid 8 hrs of sleep with casein BEFORE bed is a lot better than sleeping 4 hrs, waking up to chug down some protein, and then sleeping another 4 hrs of sleep.

You're better off with un-interrupted sleep..

But for OP: Mix it up! I'm not sure if it's the best way to do it, but it seems logical and it's what I do. Always mix whey and protein, but make sure to alter the dosages! Say, after a workout, you'll take 70-90% whey and then the rest will be casein. Whereas before going to bed, you'll do the opposite.