JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Gum that DOESN'T contain aspartame

It seems like every gum (besides bubblicious/crazy sugary gum) has aspartame. I'm trying to eliminate aspartame because I think it might be a cause behind my acne.

Is there a sugar-free or at least low-sugar gum out there that doesn't have aspartame?
    JOURNAL: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110936481

PSU

ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000) ddollar is just really nice. (+1000)
    I dont know any its either sugar or the sweetner i have no problem with sweetners i use them everyday havent had any ill effects. If there does end up being something wrong with them i am ****ed though lol, just get some breath mints

Misc. OTO-HNS consult Dr. Horse's Avatar
    Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Although anything is possible, it is highly unlikely that aspartame is causing your acne.

Besides, if you really want to find out, just stop chewing surgarless gum for a few weeks.
    No sir, I don't like it.

JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JerG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Mr. Horse View Post
    Although anything is possible, it is highly unlikely that aspartame is causing your acne.

Besides, if you really want to find out, just stop chewing surgarless gum for a few weeks.
    Alright, thanks for the advice. I just have no idea why I am still getting acne... I've been through just about every medication (even a heavy course of accutane), I don't eat junk food, and I wash my face twice a day. It just boggles my mind.
    JOURNAL: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=110936481

PSU

noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) noise has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    aspartame is extremely bad for you and you shouldn't be eating it regardless.

http://www.writerswithoutborders.net/aspartame/
    Last edited by noise; 10-11-2008 at 12:04 PM.

Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Aeris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    If you have a Whole Foods near you, I know they sell gum made with Xylitol in the checkout lanes.

As far as the acne, you're still only 18, it has time to pass. I've been there though (everything under the sun, including Accutane, waiting to start it again), I know it sucks.

crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) crs- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The only gums becides what you listed that i know of (that are widely available) are the cinamon flavored gums.

i.e. Big red and Trident Cinammon flavored gum.

Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Dr. Horse has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) djansen has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Binging and Purging OldskoolBULK's Avatar
    OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) OldskoolBULK is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    gum contains such a miniscule amount of aspartame its most likely not the cause of acne
    Never satisfied till I'm 220+ pounds @ 10%BF

Bench 230x5 - Work in progress
    Squat 225x5 - Work in progress
    Dead lift 315x5 - Work in progress
    Weight Dips 65x8
    Bench Dips +145x10

TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50) TheNamesChuck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I think trident uses xylitol

Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ryan314 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Chew regular sweetened gum?

Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quinn77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Mr. Horse,

I am the person who did the experiment described at http://www.writerswithoutborders.net/aspartame/. All photos of my results are available on that website for anyone to review.

Are you aware that the study whose link you provided was paid for by Ajinomoto of Japan, one of the worlds largest aspartame suppliers? In addition, only two of the reviewers performing the study had no ties to the industry. You can read about the conflicts of interest as investigated by Mark Gold, in his article “Aspartame and Manufacturer-Funded Scientific Reviews,” at http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/burdock/.

Also, it appears that you only value experiments done by professional scientists. Then you would not have valued Albert Einstein's theory of relativity that he developed and wrote about when he worked in a patent office. Also, you would not value the work of every amateur scientist who competes each year in the science fairs around this country.

Victoria

Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alienheat4 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by vinnessbrown View Post
    Mr. Horse,

I am the person who did the experiment described at http://www.writerswithoutborders.net/aspartame/. All photos of my results are available on that website for anyone to review.

Are you aware that the study whose link you provided was paid for by Ajinomoto of Japan, one of the worlds largest aspartame suppliers? In addition, only two of the reviewers performing the study had no ties to the industry. You can read about the conflicts of interest as investigated by Mark Gold, in his article ?Aspartame and Manufacturer-Funded Scientific Reviews,? at http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/burdock/.

Also, it appears that you only value experiments done by professional scientists. Then you would not have valued Albert Einstein's theory of relativity that he developed and wrote about when he worked in a patent office. Also, you would not value the work of every amateur scientist who competes each year in the science fairs around this country.

Victoria
    Are you actually trying to claim that your experiment was unbiased, after you posted this on your website?

"So why did I undertake another one? In 2001, after learning about the possible dangers of using artificial sweeteners containing aspartame, I became concerned about family members who were drinking large amounts of diet soda containing aspartame. I was worried that they were consuming a chemical that could one day lead to their painful and early deaths--or worse, a walking death due to Alzheimer's, Parkinson?s, or some other debilitating long-term illness brought on by aspartame."

Originally Posted by vinnessbrown View Post
    Mr. Horse,

Are you aware that the study whose link you provided was paid for by Ajinomoto of Japan, one of the worlds largest aspartame suppliers? In addition, only two of the reviewers performing the study had no ties to the industry. You can read about the conflicts of interest as investigated by Mark Gold, in his article ?Aspartame and Manufacturer-Funded Scientific Reviews,? at http://www.holisticmed.com/aspartame/burdock/.

Victoria

You certainly make a lot of assumptions about me.

The one thing I will say about you is that you are a poor scientist.
    No sir, I don't like it.

vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) vinnessbrown has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Mr. Horse,

I apologize about making assumptions about you. You are entitled to your opinions, and I think your advice to JerG is good. He should try to stop chewing gum to see if his acne clears up.

Victoria

AlienHeat4,

I agree that I had bias that I thought I might see tumors if I did my own experiment. That's why I spent thousands of my own money on it. If there were no apparent fraud on the part of Searle, the original manufacturer of aspartame, I would never have done the study.

I'm happy to say that the family member I was most concerned about was eventually swayed by my work.

The problem as I see it with the Magnuson 2007 report, is that the conflicts of interest were not reported in the media. The scientists that did that study had massive conflicts of interest, that probably gained them millions of dollars over their lifetimes. Whereas I have only gained a family member that I hope will be healthier in the future.

Victoria

JerG--

In my opinion, you are smart to question your gum. My study shows several rats on aspartame with infections, and acne is a form of infection. Also, someone on this forum mentioned that you get very little aspartame from gum. However, the aspartame from gum may go directly into your brain, making the little there is more powerful than aspartame digested through your intestines.

Page 48 of my report (you can download from my website aspartameexperiment.com as the PDF of Chapter 5) has the following info about aspartame in gum:

Note: According to the website aspartamekills.com, “In the May 1992
    edition of their journal, Flying Safety, the United States Air Force
    warned all pilots to stay off aspartame, stating: ‘Some people have
    suffered aspartame related disorders with doses as small as that carried
    in a single stick of chewing gum.'”

According to Jim Bowen, MD, “Aspartame in chewing gum is absorbed
    directly though the buccal mucosa of the tongue, mouth, and gums, making
    it a far worse poisoning than even if it were given intravenously. The
    nerves serving this area and their vascular supply derive directly from the
    brain, so the aspartame absorbed through them goes directly into the
    brain, by-passing the spinal cord and blood brain barrier.”

I started a multi-generational experiment after completing the one described on my website, but stopped it after realizing that I couldn't provide valid statistics. I did that because I heard that aspartame caused birth defects (yes, another bias). What was interesting is that one of my aspartame males in that study had an eye infection that cleared up after he no longer consumed aspartame. He also had a tumor that fell off.

Aspartame-free gum is available in health food stores.

If you try switching to gum without aspartame, let us know if your acne clears up.

Victoria

Registered User SaintKristopher's Avatar
    SaintKristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaintKristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaintKristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaintKristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaintKristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaintKristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaintKristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaintKristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SaintKristopher has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    On wiki they said the only gum available without aspartaim is Ice Breakers gum in America. So i put it on my shopping list. Im definetly going to check the rest of them though the next time i go shopping.
    For some reason i cought wind of this to, about a week ago and i checked my gum and it has aspartaim in it >_<. I hope this is the last place that i forgot to look that has this stuff in it.