Closed Thread
    jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jmar4eva has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Why am i not losing fat on keto diet!

Ive been on a CKD diet (keto) for 3 weeks and have gone from 182.8 to 181.7
    Here is my diet

Meal 1: 4eggs
    Meal 2: turkey coldcuts with cheese
    Meal 3: about 80gm Chicken
    Meal 4: protein shake
    Meal 5: salmon
    Meal 6: 4 eggs
    meal 7: protine shake

about 170g protein a day, ill switch out meals with ground turkey or watever aslong as i get the same protine, calories are around 1400

I start carbing up saterday night and all sunday, heres the thing, on carb up days i go crazy n eat whatever i want aslong as I get alot of carbs. Is this my downfall???

Im keeping the mucle but not cutting fat

i workout with weights about 4 times a week, monday tuesday wendsday thursday and cardio wends thurs and friday

Thanks

chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jmar4eva View Post
    Here is my diet

about 170g protein a day, ill switch out meals with ground turkey or watever aslong as i get the same protine, calories are around 1400

I start carbing up saterday night and all sunday, heres the thing, on carb up days i go crazy n eat whatever i want aslong as I get alot of carbs. Is this my downfall???

i workout with weights about 4 times a week, monday tuesday wendsday thursday and cardio wends thurs and friday

Thanks
    The dave palumbo diet is similar, except only has a single cheat meal 1 night per week.

I'd start with that and see how you go.

Also might need to up your protein a bit?

It's quite strange, usually after 2 weeks of starting keto people will have dropped 6+lb.

Actually now i think about it. When starting keto it's usually recommended to avoid a carb up for the first 14 days.

So guessing you started the carb up too early, and you're going way overboard on your carb ups.

Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cape1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Here is my diet

Thanks
    I don't think there's enough fat in that diet set up. You have to follow this kind of diet to the letter or not only will you not see results, it will probably backfire on you. I didn't add it all up but at first glance you seem to be tilted to protein not fat. I would take this to the KEto forum and ask those folks.

Personally, I think keto is far less than ideal if muscle preservation is a priority. For most guys, these kinds of diets are a very last resort .
    "The best gift that you can give your children is to Love their Mother"

NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NJLife is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Add carbs

FAT BURNS IN A CARBOHYDRATE FIRE!
    Shut up and Squat!

Living with ALS or dying because of it. ama

jimmypop13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you put all those foods in a calorie counter like sparkpeople to make sure its really 1400 calories and not more?

Also %'s of macros don't matter so don't think you need to add more fat or you'll just end up loing even less weight.

Make sure you are eating 1g protein per lb of lean mass. You don't even need anything other than that to lose weight while keeping muscle though fish oil supplementing is recommended. That's a type of protein sparing modified fast. Adding fat to get up to your 1400 calorie mark will keep your hormone levels from crashing as fast and keep you more full and have much more energy. Adding green vegetables help to keep you full and don't count towards carbs unless you are eating an absolute insane amount.

If you aren't losing weight at your calorie level, you either are not adding up cals correctly, or your hormone levels have crashed from dieting too long and you need to go back to maintenence for two weeks to recover them first.
    Oh I just noticed you are doing a ckd. It sounds like the carb up could be the problem instead. If you are planning on eating whatever you want, cut out all your other meals for that day so you aren't going way over on calories. If you already do that, you need to cut down on how much you eat in the carb up.
    And you may be able to lower your protein intake too unless you are 170 lb lean mass, then you are good.
    And maybe you didn't know but meal timing makes no difference so you don't need 7 meals unless you like that. You will get the same results with 3 meals a day, or even less if you like the warrior diet or intermittent fasting approaches
    Last edited by jimmypop13; 11-04-2010 at 02:04 PM. Reason: forgot some info

El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can virtually guarantee you you're not eating enough fat. This is your energy source on a keto diet. If you overload the protein and don't take in the required fat, you're going to burn off a good deal of your protein for the energy instead of getting it to the muscles for LBM preservation. Plus, you'll likely feel like crap.

Look at Lyle McDonald's keto diet...he's forgotten more about this subject than most will ever know. Also, look at the quality of your fat sources. You need to make sure that you're getting some EFA's and not just plowing the saturated fats (fish oil, flax, etc).

You'll also likely want to carb up periodically if you're going strict keto, but you need to have some guidelines to follow and can't just do it haphazardly.

Good luck!
    Last edited by El Conquistador; 11-07-2010 at 05:43 AM. Reason: grammatical error

El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) El Conquistador has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also, it looks like you're eating way too frequently for a keto diet. Many have reported better results on keto diets, many with 3-4 meals daily spread farther apart. You get to eat larger meals doing it that way too. The most I would do is five and I've done better with less.

Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000) Malkira is just really nice. (+1000)
    Yes.
    Carb ups should be post work out, you should hit your regular protein goals, hit sub 50g fat, sub 100g sugar, low fiber and be in the area of 1-3g carbs per lb LBM. If you don't know the macro nutrients of your carb up, it's not a carb up, you just ate a bunch of **** and stored it as fat instead of upregulation of thyroid and leptin.
    March 2008: 407 lbs
    06/25/2011: 201.4lbs

Total Lost: 205.6

seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000) seifelbadrawy is just really nice. (+1000)

incorporate cardio... whats happening is that your daily deficit isn't enough to counter the carb up your having...

Some people need to go through extreme measures to hit the 10 % bfat breaking point.. genetics aren't fair,..

MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50) MdFitness will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by El Conquistador View Post
    Also, it looks like you're eating way too frequently for a keto diet. Many have reported better results on keto diets, many with 3-4 meals daily spread farther apart. You get to eat larger meals doing it that way too. The most I would do is five and I've done better with less.
    interesting I haven't read that before.

darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50) darudende will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here is my diet

Thanks
    65-70% of your caloric intake should be fat, also eating lots of protein also causes the creation of glucose in your body. You may be eating TOOO much protein.

I've read in Lyle Mcdonald's Ketogenic book that eating 140g is better and then raising your intake depending how you recover after workouts is optimal.

fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000) fatinNYC is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Here is my diet

Thanks

your calories are NOT around 1400
    4 eggs = ~400 calories after cooking spray or whatever you cook them in.
    turkey cold-cuts = ~200 cals
    CHEESE - this is like 100 cals/slice how many slices are you having? (this is where i always went wrong with keto too much cheese). You're probably eating between 300-400 cals of cheese and not realizing it here
    chicken - 200 cals
    protein shake - how many scoops? 2? thats 200 cals
    salmon - very fatty fish, probably at least 450 cals here
    4 more eggs - 400 cals
    protein shake another 200 cals
    TOTALS : 400 200 350 200 200 450 400 200 = at leat 2400 cals.

LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50) LightCrow will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fatinNYC View Post
    CHEESE - this is like 100 cals/slice how many slices are you having? (this is where i always went wrong with keto too much cheese). You're probably eating between 300-400 cals of cheese and not realizing it here
    chicken - 200 cals
    4 more eggs - 400 cals
    This is most likely what is going on. With the only other possibility if you really are below maintenance being that your body is holding on to water and due for a whoosh of a few pounds any time now.

Driver86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Driver86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Driver86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Driver86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Driver86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Driver86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Driver86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Driver86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Driver86 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Step 1. Kill your cheat days, they're killing your efforts.

Step 2.
    Are you doing any cardio? It'll REALLY help jump start things. I do 1hr 5x a week and make sure my HR is between 105-130.
    Beginning weight 2/1/10: 400lbs
    Weight on 10/11/10: 275lbs
    Weight on 12/23/10: 249lbs
    6'5" age 34

db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000) db2012 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You need more efficient sources of fat. Try coconut oil, olive oil, and walnuts and add a fatty cut of steak. I would be mixing coconut oil into any whey shakes. Also your carb up is probably detrimental. You're probably loading more cals & carbs than your body can synthesize into glycogen quick enough much is probably being converted and stored as fat.

This is like taking two steps forward one step back. You can either extend the carb up time from 1-2 days slowly, or decrease the window of depletion between carb ups. Start to count your calories on your high days to see how high you're going from meal to meal and for the day. If you're over eating on your high days you're just constantly going forwards and backwards before your eyes can even catch it the transformation.
    *Muscle-Tech & Vitargo Sponsored*
    - www.ApexDiets.com - Online Personal Training - Designing Customized Workouts, Diets, Meal Plans, Cardio, Core, and Supplement routines with Unlimited Support since 2002
    - Email: Dave@ApexContestPrep.com

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    keto diet must keep protien fairly low otherwise the body will make glycogen from it.
    shot for 60% DIETARY FAT and 35% protien the rest in carbs

intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) intrusionzero is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    keto diet must keep protien fairly low otherwise the body will make glycogen from it.
    do you have any ref's for this?

the
    Athletic Edge Nutrition
    www.aenutrition.com
    www.bodybuilding.com/store/ae/ae.htm

egraf@aenutrition.com

Bench/Squat/Dead: Current(goal)
    285(315)/405(450)/380(405)

theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) theAbguy has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    cardio
    http://www.easy6packabs.com

gdbaradit has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Here is my diet

Thanks

I'd add cardio

StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50) StacksItRich will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fatinNYC
    chicken - 200 cals
    4 more eggs - 400 cals

Eggs are usually 70-90 Calories. So say 8 eggs x 70 calories=560. Lowest shake is like 130. You are taking in two shakes probably at 260 calories. 8 0z chicken breast is usually 260 calories. Salmon is usually 400 calories+. I'd say 60 lowest for a slice of cheese and 70+ calories for turkey cuts.

This well adds up to more than 1400...and I went the lowest compared to the guy above who went with the highest. Meaning your calories are not right at all. Then with cheat days, obv you are over eating and just not going under a deficit.

Logansober06 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,
    Hoping for some answers. Been keto for about 5 months. Lost about 11lbs in the first 3-4 weeks. Have been stalled out ever since. Taking mesurments as well and no inches lost.
    I track and weight my food. Work out 5 times a week. This is what my macros are currently
    1800 calories
    Protein 120-130
    Fat min 76 max 187
    Carbs below 20
    Reverently had labs and all test came back good. I was fasting 16/8 and eating two big meals. I recently started having a protein shake before my workout. I was getting really sore. I do a 19-22 hour fast on Sunday's.
    Any idea why I'm stalled and not losing

Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000) Nedo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have my moments where cheat meal/day negates any deficit I was in throughout the week and I actually weigh in heavier. But I'm talking large meat lovers pizza and a whole 1.5L tub of ice cream.