Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RickyMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickyMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickyMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickyMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How is it that UFC fighter or high fitness people lose like 10 pounds in 24 hours.

like i read once that a ufc fighter had his weigh in in 48 hours and he was something stupid like a stone and a half over the weight he needed to be.

and within 24 hours or maybe more he lost nearly all of it and only missed the target by 3 or 4 pounds.

how is it possible ?

it looked bigger at 130 Lawlzorz's Avatar
    Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lawlzorz is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    dehydration
    PC Master Race (Minesweeper 60+ FPS)

RickyMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickyMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickyMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) RickyMG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lawlzorz View Post
    dehydration
    if its as simple as it sound why do i not hear of it more often. i would gladly do it if i knew how to or had the equipment to do it.

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by RickyMG View Post
    if its as simple as it sound why do i not hear of it more often. i would gladly do it if i knew how to or had the equipment to do it.
    Why would you want to dehydrate yourself? It isn't fat loss - fighters/wrestlers are doing it to make weight, and they are typically already very lean.

You can bet that as soon as the weigh-in is done, they are busy regaining as much weight as possible if not all/more by mainlining fluids and glucose. If they didn't they'd be weak as hell, smaller than the other guy, and probably get their butt kicked.
    Way more Xtreme Fitbitter than MissLadyJ or kureransu

Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Hzar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by csb5731 View Post
    Why would you want to dehydrate yourself? It isn't fat loss - fighters/wrestlers are doing it to make weight, and they are typically already very lean.

You can bet that as soon as the weigh-in is done, they are busy regaining as much weight as possible if not all/more by mainlining fluids and glucose. If they didn't they'd be weak as hell, smaller than the other guy, and probably get their butt kicked.
    exactly, look at boxers weight at the weight in and their weight at ring side, some go up almost 15lb in that one day.. a boxer friend of mine failed to make weight once and the 12 hours before the weight in were so intense and he was so dehydrated, they threw him in to the sauna for extra sweating, well, his body absorbed the water in it and actually gained water weight lol
    Palumbo Diet Started 6/21 at 268
    Palumbo Diet Ended 10/17 at 228

i suppose it makes sense but if it worked normaly to just lose weight it would be good.
    i have a load of fat to lose.

surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50) surfergirl36 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i suppose it makes sense but if it worked normaly to just lose weight it would be good.
    It's only temporary. You can cut water and dehydrate yourself but it will last for moments...ie: the amount of time it takes to weigh in. The body fights it every step of the way.

Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scott_W will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Cutting carbs, dehydration and starvation. Sucks man.

Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Danmma has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    They also dont eat lol or they eat very little surprisingly that makes a huge difference when your trying to make weight. Trust me its not fun when ur 200 pounds and you have to drop to 185 you try everything you can possibly imagine to cut that 15 pounds for example, Laxatives, dehydration, starvation, sweatsuits etc. When you sauna for like 45 mins at a time its seriously no fun at all.
    If ur trying to lose fat I dont recommend it but i mean if your trying to drop weight for a fight depending on how much weight hit the sauna stay away from actually drinking the water, just wash ur mouth with water when ur thirsty.

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Only the bigger guys can lose that much weight in a 24hr period. Most of the fighters start off 10-20lbs overweight a week going in and that is when they begin their cut. They start a strict nocarb diet and do nothing but cardio for several hours each day. By weeks end they have usually made weight. If they aren't within a couple pounds the night before weigh ins they cut food and water out completely and workout in a sweatsuit for a few hours to encourage dehydration. If that doesn't work they cycle between the sauna and working out until they have made weight.

After making weight they immediately rehydrate with pedialyte. They also eat a lot of carbs to replenish their blood glucose and muscle glycogen. By the time of the fight they have put back on 5-10lbs.

The reason people don't do it is because it isn't a fat loss plan. It is a weight loss plan.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    typically they diet down to a certain weight above the weight class they will be fighting at...then the day before or on the day of the weigh in they cut whatever they have to in water to make weight.

jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jschott65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    like i read once that a ufc fighter had his weigh in in 48 hours and he was something stupid like a stone and a half over the weight he needed to be.

and within 24 hours or maybe more he lost nearly all of it and only missed the target by 3 or 4 pounds.

how is it possible ?
    By now you know it's WATER weight only, not fat. Bodybuilders and figure competitors do this too, but with us it's a little slower process over a few days to draw out the water in order to show off your definition. It's NOT healthy and you feel like **** afterward. You cramp heavily and it's extremely painful. Are you trying to cut body fat? If so send me an email and I'm happy to help!

ps....staying properly hydrated by drinking a lot of water each day aids in the fat burning process. Drink up!!!
    Pain Don't Hurt
    Patrick Swayze-Roadhouse

96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) 96EverSince has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Stop trying to take the easy way out.

Eat under maintenance, lift heavy, take in a bit more then your body weight in protein, and last option is optional but do cardio. Its that easy.

Majortom420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    By forcing some of that water weight out you can also lose fat quicker because your body doesn't have to be deplete the water molecules deposited in your fat cells, however you can't build muscle without the water, in fact you might actually lose muscle mass.

Anyway, bulk up first and then cut so you actually have some muscle tone to show off.

Registered User michaeliragorri's Avatar
    michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaeliragorri will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As a wrestler we have to do the same techniques. It's called "cutting weight" you pretty much sweat out water weight and barely intake water and very little food and do many things to sweat, sauna with layers of clothing and a garbage bag under / sweat suit, workout, cardio. If you're young my coach doesn't like us cutting unless it's for nationals or a higher caliber competition so don't do it for no reason. Oh and the weight comes back after you start drinking and eating properly again so it's not like they do it and it stays off or else they'd lose a big percentage of strength/ endurance

Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Higgytime has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    water weight

3g2p1p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3g2p1p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3g2p1p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3g2p1p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3g2p1p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3g2p1p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3g2p1p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3g2p1p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 3g2p1p has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you've ever wrestled in High school/college or participate in combat athletics then you would hear about 'making/cutting weight' more often.

(Your training up to this point should already have cut the majority of your body fat down)
    If you want to learn how to do it
    1. weigh yourself
    - If you're too heavy then
    2. restrict foods and fluids
    3. get on a bike and pedal until you make weight(not limited to biking).

imo, i dont think you will gladly do it once you've tried it

Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rval86 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Majortom420 View Post
    By forcing some of that water weight out you can also lose fat quicker because your body doesn't have to be deplete the water molecules deposited in your fat cells, however you can't build muscle without the water, in fact you might actually lose muscle mass.

Anyway, bulk up first and then cut so you actually have some muscle tone to show off.
    not sure if that's a serious post...

csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) csb5731 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by rijokn View Post
    not sure if that's a serious post...
    Yeah, I was wondering the same thing!

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by xxxxfactor View Post
    typically they diet down to a certain weight above the weight class they will be fighting at...then the day before or on the day of the weigh in they cut whatever they have to in water to make weight.
    Which doesn't make sense to me ... I'd rather fight somebody slightly larger and have myself hydrated for the fight.

Originally Posted by msm00b View Post
    Which doesn't make sense to me ... I'd rather fight somebody slightly larger and have myself hydrated for the fight.
    I think some of the leagues currently weigh in the night before the fight, and so the competitors have time to rehydrate/carb-load/whatever and are often fighting at 10 lbs or more above the weight class. And it's pretty amazing how fast this "repletion" works in terms of restoring energy/strength. So the guys that start out being safely within the weight class are often at kind of a disadvantage vs. the bigger guy that dehyrated/depleted then loaded back up.

Where the weigh-in is only a couple hours or so before the fight/match, dehydration and depletion can be a pretty big issue/disadvantage.

telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) telxos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    diuretics..pretty foolish if you think professionals with money on the line aren't quite skilled at their use in the UFC.

xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xxxxfactor has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    usually you will see mma fighters walk on to the scale with a pedialyte in hand...once they make weight, they chug that **** down!

Example: Jake Shields had a tough cut to 170 after having his previous two fights at 185.

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by telxos View Post
    diuretics..pretty foolish if you think professionals with money on the line aren't quite skilled at their use in the UFC.
    Diuretics are banned and show up in their post fight drug testing procedures.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's all water weight, not fat. I cut like 14lbs in 2 days every week for wrestling sophomore year at 7% body fat. Really bad for you!

FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FLChamp has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had to do LISS cardio everyday during Christmas break last year to make weight for wrestling. Everything went to crap quickly, especially my squat. It's one thing if you're a combat athlete, but if you're not, do not do that **** for any reason. That's the worst part about combat sports, in my opinion.
    Last edited by FLChamp; 11-12-2010 at 10:49 AM.
    550/385/655, 285 overhead press, 330 push jerk, 250 weighted dip, 190 weighted pull-up, 413.8 max weighted pull-up, 450 front squat, 365 RFESS, 305 x 2 log press, 400 (per arm) farmer's carry, 370 atlas stone, 31 pull-ups at 247.

www.youtube.com/user/JoeyTheMilitant/videos
    Next competition date(s): November 9th & 10th, 2019.
    Instagram: @hiphopstrongman_reloaded

blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blkbelt42 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    it's jsut water weight man, they'll put it right back on
    as soon as they get off the scale.

it's horrible for your body and you'll feel like shyte.

Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jared145 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I remember sophmore year at the Frosh-Soph state championship I weighed in at 134.9 for 135's and next morning before wrestling I was 149lbs

Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dlu69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I cant post links but search youtube for "kutting weight" theres a vid of a guy cutting 8 lbs in 1 hour

ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50) ol matey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

This. My friend boxes professionally and dropped 2 weight divisions in a week coz he wanted to fight a really good fighter in the area who was about 8kg lighter than him. I saw his fight, he was sluggish, and he copped his first professional loss coz he was so depleted/dehydrated. Not a healthy thing to do.
    Confront my presence, fraternal sibling!