bill4588 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

CLA - worth it or not?

Is it worth it to take CLA for fat loss? Some people swear by it and others say that, while it does technically work, it doesn't work well enough to notice a difference in body fat %. I'm currently taking it right now along with fish oil, a multi, and hydroxycut hardcore. So what's the verdict - worth it or not?

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I believe it's more beneficial for preventing fat gain on a bulk or for truly obese people.
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mickfootie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    I believe it's more beneficial for preventing fat gain on a bulk or for truly obese people.
    ^^^ I'd second this. I have also found that Sesamin is like this too where it doesn't rid fat but stops you gaining extra.
    Believe to Achieve
    Work Hard Play Hard
    The above are my views only and do not constitute to medical advice

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Originally Posted by Mickfootie View Post
    ^^^ I'd second this. I have also found that Sesamin is like this too where it doesn't rid fat but stops you gaining extra.
    Agreed. CLA only showed promise for fat loss in very obese adults per the studies.
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

bill4588 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    thanks! I'll stop taking it...three less pills to take every day lol

SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000) SavageOne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I never noticed anything from it. I took it while cutting, so it could be more beneficial while bulking. I wouldn't take it personally.

Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000) Lonny is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bill4588 View Post
    thanks! I'll stop taking it...three less pills to take every day lol
    It has been shown to be anti-catabolic while cutting I believe. The doses however make it hard to afford.

CLA is one of those "hit or miss" supplements that I don't think is understood fully and thus isn't being utilized properly. There are some benefits to taking it, but there a different isomers contained in it and conflicting data about what it does, and a lot of people who feel ripped off having used it to no results.

I believe it was Dino who had a really good post on it a few weeks back. You may want to try and dig that up if you are interested in knowing more about it.
    Don't Support Companies that are suing me!!

Lonny says
    "Supplement your weakness"

~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm debating on whether to take this in the near future. If I did which product is the best to take? i.e. has the best dosage?

deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deserusan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ~~Aries~~ View Post
    I'm debating on whether to take this in the near future. If I did which product is the best to take? i.e. has the best dosage?
    Aries,

CLA really won't benefit you, especially while cutting. It was marketed wrong and hastily based off the research of Dr. Pariza here at the University of Wisconsin. Since it was mildy effective in morbidly obese people automatically some greedy folks thought they should market it and thus we have all this hype based on nill.

-D

Here are more references:

http://www.wisc.edu/fri/pariza.htm
    "I just use my muscles as a conversation piece, like someone walking a cheetah down 42nd Street." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

Heretic....

Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000) Guard_Pass_old is just really nice. (+1000)
    I didn't notice anything while using it. Even if it did help, it wasn't cost-effective. You'd be better off by tweaking your diet and cardio probably.

~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ~~Aries~~ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deserusan View Post
    Aries,

CLA really won't benefit you, especially while cutting. It was marketed wrong and hastily based off the research of Dr. Pariza here at the University of Wisconsin. Since it was mildy effective in morbidly obese people automatically some greedy folks thought they should market it and thus we have all this hype based on nill.

-D

Here are more references:

http://www.wisc.edu/fri/pariza.htm
    Sometimes you think you have it all figured out, then one day you realize you're an idiot...lol. I'm having the most "off" off day ever. With the help of some people I am trying to figure it all out.

Wait, you mean I'm not morbidly obese?
    Last edited by ~~Aries~~; 03-22-2007 at 07:00 PM.