Closed Thread
    ladysmanfelpz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

why can't i dunk?!!

Title

I'm 6' to 6' 1" and I'm sick of all my friends making fun of me because I can't dunk. They all say if you're over 6 foot and can't dunk its pretty pathetic. Ya i know thats not true because there are plenty of people my height or taller that don't have near the ups of me. It wouldn't bother me too bad if I hadn't been a college jumper. I did the long and triple jump and while I can go out, I can't get up. I do not compete anymore but just lift now. And I do not just do upper body as my friends think I do but get legs in as well and have been trying to do low rep explosive movements. I even get out and sprint once a week as I heard sprints can really activate those fast twitch muscles. My standing long jump has always been above 9 ft and near 10. Standing vertical (not a one or two step) has always been above 30 with 33 the highest, where my friend who is similar height gets around 32-34 can dunk two handed and I can't even get one! I've read all the jump programs and try jump workouts. Is it best to keep getting after it, or did anyone find anything that really worked on hops for them?

j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500) j1akey is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Are you white?
    "When you fall into a pit, you either die or get out."

Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    Are you white?
    We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

I was born a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun I'll make my final stand and that's why they call me Bad Company

Sensible Liberals for Trump 2016 Crew

www.ABFitnessTrainer.com italianplaya30's Avatar
    italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) italianplaya30 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    work on heavy squats, calve raises and jump squats with weight that should help build power and explosion in your legs
    AB Fitness Center
    (The Best Personal Training Gym to Work for in NY)
    Apply Below
    www.ABFitnessCenter.com/career
    Instagram: @abfitness
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) likeawashboard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by j1akey View Post
    Are you white?
    haha, beat me to it

iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) iam87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smile

[QUOTE=Bumpus;875005991]

or asian? HAHA im asian so i can say that! f you guys!

bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bignate88 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Squats, Deadlifts, Calv raises, Leg Presses. Why do you want to dunk so bad? I'd be happy with being able to touch the rim on a standard sized NBA goal.
    5'11", 178

Get out of here Dewey! You don't want no part of this ***

My friend who is similar height and can 2 foot jump 2 hand jam is asian. And cuz dunking is bad ass and even if you suck at basketball, but can dunk it makes you alright. And I haven't been heavy squatting much, just 225 x 5 but trying to remain really explosive, and I do jump squats. I think I need to do more calves into cuz black guys always have jacked calves and i think thats what makes them so fast and able to jump high. I hardly incorporate calves into my jump but when I do it adds a lot.

tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tsdtmc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    6ft and 33in vertical = massive dunk

justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) justroberson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Do you have short arms or little hands? 6'1 with a 30-33 inch vert, you should be able to dunk a basketball. I'm 6'1 225 and i'm pretty sure my vert is below 30 inches, and i can dunk a basketball.

As everyone has said, focus on heavy squats and deadlifts. I'd also be doing Power Cleans, Snatches, and box jumps for explosiveness.
    "I'm just a lat guy, you know? I've got these amazing lats, and I'm just living in an ab guy's world." -Workaholics

see wtf. Ya i don't have the longest arms but im pretty sure my reach isn't way below average. And I clean 125 kgs (275 lbs). Fudge legs. Im just gonna get jacked and see if I can dunk that way

Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lackeos will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ladysmanfelpz View Post
    Fudge legs. Im just gonna get jacked and see if I can dunk that way
    Originally Posted by ladysmanfelpz View Post
    I think I need to do more calves into cuz black guys always have jacked calves and i think thats what makes them so fast and able to jump high.
    The poor logic never ends, does it?

Go here: http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html
    Read all of the articles that pertain to vertical jump. and spoiler alert: get your squats up. If you aren't squatting 1.5xBW, then you aren't even close.

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lackeos View Post

Go here: http://www.higher-faster-sports.com/articles.html
    Read all of the articles that pertain to vertical jump. and spoiler alert: get your squats up. If you aren't squatting 1.5xBW, then you aren't even close.
    Awesome link, I like the calculator.
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

Alright cool. Thanks for the link. And where is the calculator?

Dexstazy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lackeos View Post

Go here:
    WTF? You want to hurt the guy, 1,5 xbw? Are you dumb or just careless. I squat 1.5 of my bodyweight, am 6 ft 3, and can't dunk the ball, i can touch the rim however I want, without a run, from a standing position under the rim.. But I just can't dunk the ball... 1.my hands are small 2. I don't know how to elevate good enough from one foot, so I gotta do it with both feet and hands, and I can't do it on a regular 3.05m rim, but I can on a 3.00m... And I squatted the **** out of my legs as you can see on my profile picture..

So your advice is ****, and someone might get hurt listening to you, by wanting to add weight on the rack which he can't handle. So stop it!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Check thread dates before replying please.