OllieThomas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

5 month transformation starting Monday

14 stone, 5 foot 11

Plan is to cycle 14 miles a day and gym....in gym 2 hours cardio split up with weights inbetween.

Big difference expected?

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by OllieThomas View Post

14 stone, 5 foot 11

Plan is to cycle 14 miles a day and gym....in gym 2 hours cardio split up with weights inbetween.

Big difference expected?
    Diet? Also, there's no need to be a cardio bunny.
    R.I.P urukhai29, sentinel3, AncientYouth.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

2 Kings 2:23-24

Diet.....clean, no alcohol, lean shake, thermobol.

j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50) j1zip will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Start today, phuck Monday!

Better have a solid nutrition plan or you may end up just spinning your wheels!

Good Luck!

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by matman1813 View Post
    Diet? Also, there's no need to be a cardio bunny.
    Whats wrong with being a cardio bunny, I was one
    Sorting diet is easier than alot of cardio, but hey if you like cardio...

cardio is for the fat loss...

Originally Posted by j1zip View Post
    Start today, phuck Monday!

Better have a solid nutrition plan or you may end up just spinning your wheels!

Good Luck!
    left it late in the day. I will start tomorrow!

matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000) matman1813 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Diet.....clean, no alcohol, lean shake, thermobol.
    You need a good nutrition plan. 'Clean' isn't a good way to eat, it will generally lead to a dietary fat deficiency. No alcohol is a good move, you can still fit it in though, in small amounts. Lean shake? Thermobol is basically a really expensive caffeine pill, you should have bought plain old caffeine pills.

Edit: Cardio =/= Fat loss

Originally Posted by Znik View Post
    Whats wrong with being a cardio bunny, I was one
    Sorting diet is easier than alot of cardio, but hey if you like cardio...
    Nothing wrong with it if you enjoy it but I'm just saying it's not needed.

"Eating chips and cookies and drinking soda is just like wandering through life. These are the agents of a purposeless existence. Avocados, turkey burgers, brown rice and eggs etc are the agents of a purposeful existence." - orderoutofchaos, The Internet, 2014

You need a good nutrition plan. 'Clean' isn't a good way to eat, it will generally lead to a dietary fat deficiency. No alcohol is a good move, you can still fit it in though, in small amounts. Lean shake? Thermobol is basically a really expensive caffeine pill, you should have bought plain old caffeine pills.

Edit: Cardio =/= Fat loss
    No bought therms yet. Alcohol is 100% out. And I can stick to that no problem. Waste of money.

Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Naeem11 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Start today OP. Nothing wrong with getting started with cardio....that's how I started and ended up losing a chit ton of weight. However, I wish back then someone had told me to focus on lifting....I would be a lot stronger now, and have a lot more mass. Sort out your diet, determine your macros, and get plenty of micros + fiber. Get started OP and good luck.
    "I think, therefore I am" - René Descartes

Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    No bought therms yet. Alcohol is 100% out. And I can stick to that no problem. Waste of money.
    It sounds to me you don't know what your doing and that is a recipe for failure.

Work smarter, not harder.

I would start Monday as planned but I'd spend the rest of the weekend reading these forums to educate yourself.

Cardio isn't the key to losing fat, diet is.

500 calories under maintenance
    At least 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass
    0.45 of fat per lb of lean body mass

Find a decent workout on the workout forum that's all over body and three time a week.

Follow those four rules and you won't go wrong.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Naeem11 View Post
    Start today OP. Nothing wrong with getting started with cardio....that's how I started and ended up losing a chit ton of weight. However, I wish back then someone had told me to focus on lifting....I would be a lot stronger now, and have a lot more mass. Sort out your diet, determine your macros, and get plenty of micros + fiber. Get started OP and good luck.
    Agree with all that, did the same here. Lifting and diet should be the top priority, cardio second.

Originally Posted by Wellington View Post
    It sounds to me you don't know what your doing and that is a recipe for failure.

I would start Monday as planned but I'd spend the rest of the weekend reading these forums to educate yourself.

Find a decent workout on the workout forum that's all over body and three time a week.

+1 on this.

alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You need a good nutrition plan. 'Clean' isn't a good way to eat, it will generally lead to a dietary fat deficiency.
    Thats's subjective. Clean does not equal no fat in diet. For example, do you consider an avocado "dirty" because I sure don't.

Originally Posted by alexb650 View Post
    Thats's subjective. Clean does not equal no fat in diet. For example, do you consider an avocado "dirty" because I sure don't.
    That's why I said "generally". People who try to eat clean often have dietary fat deficiencies, you see countless people coming here and posting a diet that looks like it has been taken out of a fitness magazine, 9 times out of 10 they don't have enough fat. They often have things like, skimmed milk, egg whites, fat free yoghurt and only include a 'handful' or 'cup' of almonds which is their only significant fat intake. It's just a generalisation, because it's very common.

alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50) alexb650 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's why I said "generally". People who try to eat clean often have dietary fat deficiencies, you see countless people coming here and posting a diet that looks like it has been taken out of a fitness magazine, 9 times out of 10 they don't have enough fat. They often have things like, skimmed milk, egg whites, fat free yoghurt and only include a 'handful' or 'cup' of almonds which is their only significant fat intake. It's just a generalisation, because it's very common.
    Ok, I may have misinterpreted what you wrote then.

Going to be honest, not looking forward to Monday.

I spent 3 weeks in the gym doing 2 hours of cardio and a 14 mile bike ride daily. Lost a stone. Then fell into a pit of oblivion.

How the hell am I going to maintain five months to get the body I always wanted? I have a good diet plan, but my God, 5 months?

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Going to be honest, not looking forward to Monday.

I spent 3 weeks in the gym doing 2 hours of cardio and a 14 mile bike ride daily. Lost a stone. Then fell into a pit of oblivion.

How the hell am I going to maintain five months to get the body I always wanted? I have a good diet plan, but my God, 5 months?
    Change your outlook, man. Don't think of it as just five months. What happens at the end of 5 months? You think you're going to go on a binge? What happens if you realize that the body you want is going to take 10 months? Or two years?

Don't go with a "diet" or a magical plan that will get you somewhere in X number of months. Do something that's more sustainable in the long term.

When I first started, I was doing P90X thinking I'd have this awesome body at the end of 3 months. Yeah, not so much. Then, I got my diet in order and did All Pro's for a while -- saw some solid results. But then, my goals changed, and I realized that I was being really myopic with what I wanted. So, I built a lifestyle around working out, where healthy eating and working out are as much a part of my life as taking a shower.

While IIFYM isn't for everyone, it works for me. It means that as long as I hit my macros and stay within my calories, I am good -- whether or not I hit my macros from lean protein, donuts, or beer, it doesn't matter. It also means that it's a lot more sustainable: I don't really drink much anymore, but I can still enjoy the occasional beer or two. I can still eat a donut when I'm really craving it and so on. Tracking calories is now second nature to me, and before I eat something crappy, I automatically do the math in my head: have I been good so far today, should I really waste my calories on this crap, or can I go with a healthier option?

It also means that I really look forward to my workouts now. If I don't go to the gym, I get antsy. I enjoy the feeling of going out there and killing it. My gym trips are not a chore -- they are a reward. And more importantly, once the compliments started coming in, it only motivated me some more to hit it harder at the gym. Today -- 10 months after I started P90X first, btw -- I spent two hours working out, and I hadn't even realized that much time had passed until my wife asked me if I was ever going to wrap up.

So, don't think five months and don't think diet. Do something that's a lot more sustainable in the long run -- otherwise, you're setting yourself up for failure. Good luck.

Originally Posted by Voxmusculus View Post
    Change your outlook, man. Don't think of it as just five months. What happens at the end of 5 months? You think you're going to go on a binge? What happens if you realize that the body you want is going to take 10 months? Or two years?

Don't go with a "diet" or a magical plan that will get you somewhere in X number of months. Do something that's more sustainable in the long term.

When I first started, I was doing P90X thinking I'll have this awesome body at the end of 3 months. Yeah, not so much. Then, I got my diet in order and did All Pro's for a while -- saw some solid results. But then, my goals changed, and I realized that I was being really myopic with what I wanted. So, I built a lifestyle around working out, where healthy eating and working out are as much a part of my life as taking a shower.

While IIFYM isn't for everyone, it works for me. It means that as long as I hit my macros and stay within my calories, I am good -- whether or not I hit my macros from lean protein, donuts, or beer, it doesn't matter. It also means that it's a lot more sustainable: I don't really drink much anymore, but I can still enjoy the occasional beer or two. I can still eat a donut when I'm really craving it and so on.

It also means that I really look forward to my workouts now. If I don't go to the gym, I get antsy. I enjoy the feeling of going out there and killing it. My gym trips are not a chore -- they are a reward.

So, don't think five months and don't think diet. Do something that's a lot more sustainable in the long run -- otherwise, you're setting yourself up for failure. Good luck.
    Thanks for changing my mindset

Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000) Voxmusculus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thanks for changing my mindset
    I certainly hope so. I mean, I made the same mistake as you -- fortunately, the folks on this forum were here to guide me, and I came away with a different point of view.

Looking back, had I started doing what I'm doing now last year, I'd have been so much farther along.

Originally Posted by Voxmusculus View Post
    I certainly hope so. I mean, I made the same mistake as you -- fortunately, the folks on this forum were here to guide me, and I came away with a different point of view.

Looking back, had I started doing what I'm doing now last year, I'd have been so much farther along.
    I don't need to be ripped to the t**ts just confident again.

I don't need to be ripped to the t**ts just confident again.
    tomorrow is hell.

Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Wellington has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    tomorrow is hell.
    You have to learn to embrace it or you'll fail.

It's a lifestyle change.

All you need to do is lift weights less than three hours a week which is as long as some movies.
    Eat sensibly, you don't need to starve yourself.

You have to learn to embrace it or you'll fail.

It's a lifestyle change.

All you need to do is lift weights less than three hours a week which is as long as some movies.
    Eat sensibly, you don't need to starve yourself.
    im going to be doing it every single day for 5 months. im very intense when i do things. maybe this is the wrong way.

im going to be doing it every single day for 5 months. im very intense when i do things. maybe this is the wrong way.
    Less is more.

You've already said on this thread you aren't looking forward to it and tomorrow is hell.

If you throw yourself into it you'll be quitting before the end of January.

So that's all you need to do:
    1) Weights 3*1hr a week
    2) Eat to the above rules
    3) Do cardio if and when you fancy it, it's not that important.

Just do baby steps and get into the lifestyle, 99.9% you fail if you start thinking that it has to totally consume your life.

dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10) dgainsuk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you throw yourself into it you'll be quitting before the end of January.

+ You have to be sure you're 100% dedi op.