Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Rogue Reverse Hyper rack attachment and Weight Storage add-on

Rogue posted this today, definitely cool...

They only mention the reverse hyper, but if you look you can see they are using those new holes on the racks for weight storage pins. Hopefully cheaper than the current storage pins. Would make an awesome addition onto the back of an R3.
    BW: 247
    Squat: 550
    Deadlift: 601
    Bench: 381 w/pause
    Press: 275
    Front Squat: 405

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by f0rbidden View Post
    Rogue posted this today, definitely cool...

They only mention the reverse hyper, but if you look you can see they are using those new holes on the racks for weight storage pins. Hopefully cheaper than the current storage pins. Would make an awesome addition onto the back of an R3.
    Hopefully they don't expect you to buy that whole bolt on apparatus for teh rev hyper. I mean, there is really no point of the whole rear add on section of that rack other than moving the plate storage back. It looks like an R6 with an attachment that makes the R3 side useless other than storing plates.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Well this is one use of those side-holes I asked about earlier...I dont think you need the back posts...just an extra benefit of plate storage. But I dont know.

Still waiting for a price on that Monster rack.

From Rogue ********...

...We added some side holes in all of our new racks that this mounts well to. If you have the older R-3 you would need to add the rear storage like the pick or drill some holes...

...$575 for 2X3 mount and $595 for 3X3 mount...
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    Well this is one use of those side-holes I asked about earlier...I dont think you need the back posts...just an extra benefit of plate storage. But I dont know.

Still waiting for a price on that Monster rack.

From Rogue ********...

...We added some side holes in all of our new racks that this mounts well to. If you have the older R-3 you would need to add the rear storage like the pick or drill some holes...

To me this is plate storage by just adding an additional useless power rack. They may try and slip it in there with a Rev hyper solution that has been done already by Edge Fitness Systems, but it still makes no sense. Not sure why they are dancing around this simple problem with complex solutions. I'm putting my money on those rear cross members being 24" deep. It makes sense as they can use them in other applications. It works for them but not me (or anyone else?) and I'm not willing to buy an extra power rack to bolt to my power rack. There is no reason to have those uprights that far back. I'm sure the Kool Aid drinking crossfitters are jumping up and down in their compression socks, matching MobilityWOD ear muff' and "R" tattoo's but I'm calling BS on this one.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 12-01-2012 at 08:32 PM.

IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000) IronAddict7 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GarageIron View Post
    To me plate storage is not adding an additional useless power rack. They may try and slip it in there with a Rev hyper solution that has been done already by Edge Fitness Systems, but it still makes no sense. Not sure why they are dancing around this simple problem with complex solutions. I'm putting my money on those rear cross members being 24" deep. It makes sense as they can use them in other applications. It works for them but not me (or anyone else?) and I'm not willing to buy an extra power rack to bolt to my power rack. There is no reason to have those uprights that far back. I'm sure the Kool Aid drinking crossfitters are jumping up and down in their compression socks, matching MobilityWOD ear muff' and "R" tattoo's but I'm calling BS on this one.
    I would rather buy Edge Fitness's version, I don't have any of those side holes so I'm not sure how I'd be able to add this damn thing on. They could have thought of a better idea for this imo. They're gonna screw over everyone that doesn't have brand new R3's with ally he extra holes.
    "Those who make excuses for failing were never going to succeed in the first place." - Unknown

“Every time you stay out late; every time you sleep in; every time you miss a workout; every time you don’t give 100% – You make it that much easier for me to beat you.” - Unknown

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The safeties don't always extend that far back do they? Or am I missing something...?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by IronAddict7 View Post
    I would rather buy Edge Fitness's version, I don't have any of those side holes so I'm not sure how I'd be able to add this damn thing on. They could have thought of a better idea for this imo. They're gonna screw over everyone that doesn't have brand new R3's with ally he extra holes.
    For the price that Rogue is asking for the attachment, you can almost buy one of Edges full units. I have one that I will be picking up this coming week.

f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50) f0rbidden will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To me this is plate storage by just adding an additional useless power rack. They may try and slip it in there with a Rev hyper solution that has been done already by Edge Fitness Systems, but it still makes no sense. Not sure why they are dancing around this simple problem with complex solutions. I'm putting my money on those rear cross members being 24" deep. It makes sense as they can use them in other applications. It works for them but not me (or anyone else?) and I'm not willing to buy an extra power rack to bolt to my power rack. There is no reason to have those uprights that far back. I'm sure the Kool Aid drinking crossfitters are jumping up and down in their compression socks, matching MobilityWOD ear muff' and "R" tattoo's but I'm calling BS on this one.
    I dunno man, pretty much every rack on the market that I like adds weight storage by adding another set of vertical uprights, I don't see how this is any different. It may seem like overkill to have the same posts used on the racks with the Westside holes and all that stuff, but to me it's worth it because it means you can reconfigure it down the road.

If you bought an R3 and added this weight storage to it, you could switch it up down the road and put the weight storage pins in the middle and use it as a double sided half rack, or expand it into a different larger rig.

It allows you to set it up like this:

Or this:

I'm pretty sure they are going to be offering shorter crossmembers for this sort of application as well, so it won't be wasting the space of an entire extra rack.

I've always preferred the 6 post style racks with plate storage just because it makes it to much more convenient to load the bar. To me this is a pretty cool thing for them to finally start offering at hopefully a more reasonable price than using those old plate storage posts that attach with the pin and having to use the 24" crossmembers. I would love an R6 if the rack was 30" deep and the plate storage was 14" deep, and it looks like this is going to make that possible. I personally have zero interest in a power rack that doesn't have weight storage, so this fills that gap for me. I'm sure it won't be super cheap for the add-on, but at the end of the day it's probably still going to be competitive with pricing from Legend, much cheaper than Elite, and easily available in Canada unlike any of the other options, so it's a winner for me.

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    From Rogue ********...

Just to be clear, this is the price for the Reverse Hyper attachment, not for adding the extra uprights/plate storage, which isn't necessary for the reverse hyper.

skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000) skrebs01 is just really nice. (+1000)

Just realized after watching this video that Rogue are using the Nebula pins for the weight storage. Much better idea than the old version. The Nebula ones were also meant to be used for bands and stuff as well, so they are a bit more versatile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTMmIv4S8Ek

I'm definitely going to be buying one of these 30" R3s with the weight storage add on in the coming year, absolutely the rack of my dreams.

Registered you, sir. trimble006's Avatar
    trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) trimble006 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How can you possibly say the R3 with weight storage is the rack of your dreams when you posted the Rae Crowther in the same post?!!?!

I'm on the same page as you with needing a rack with weight storage though. Where am I supposed to hang all my jackets and hats if there's no weight storage?! Guess I could just get a bowflex for that...
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #54 ▪█─────█▪

-✘- Edmonton Oilers -✘-
    -✘- Toronto Blue Jays -✘-

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Rogue needs to come out w/ weight storage and the revers hyper for the normal R3, then i would buy it in a heart beat. Hate that their normal R3 doesnt have weight storage.

Rogue messed up royale with their monster R3 (imo) They should have made it a sumo style rack. Ill be interested to know why they didnt make it a sumo.
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by 817boy View Post
    Rogue needs to come out w/ weight storage and the revers hyper for the normal R3, then i would buy it in a heart beat. Hate that their normal R3 doesnt have weight storage.

Rogue messed up royale with their monster R3 (imo) They should have made it a sumo style rack. Ill be interested to know why they didnt make it a sumo.
    It still is sumo style. The one they posted with the floor runners is supposed to be a non bolt down version.

Last edited by jlockleOSU; 12-02-2012 at 06:44 PM.

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    [QUOTE=jlockleOSU;987984103]It still is sumo style. The one they posted with the floor runners is supposed to be a non bolt down version.QUOTE]

Wow very interesting. Now if the price is right(not too high) that is definently in the running.
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500) jlockleOSU is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by jlockleOSU View Post
    It still is sumo style. The one they posted with the floor runners is supposed to be a non bolt down version.QUOTE]

Wow very interesting. Now if the price is right(not too high) that is definently in the running.
    Yeah I don't know. I wish they would make a line of the 3x3 racks with 11 gauge. They have the 3x3 11 gauge for their rigs but when I got a quote for a rack made out of it, the price was too high for my liking, might as well go 7 gauge. I'm sure that price would go down if they made more of them.

Arrow

Originally Posted by f0rbidden View Post
    I dunno man, pretty much every rack on the market that I like adds weight storage by adding another set of vertical uprights, I don't see how this is any different. It may seem like overkill to have the same posts used on the racks with the Westside holes and all that stuff, but to me it's worth it because it means you can reconfigure it down the road.

If you bought an R3 and added this weight storage to it, you could switch it up down the road and put the weight storage pins in the middle and use it as a double sided half rack, or expand it into a different larger rig.

I'm pretty sure they are going to be offering shorter crossmembers for this sort of application as well, so it won't be wasting the space of an entire extra rack.

I've always preferred the 6 post style racks with plate storage just because it makes it to much more convenient to load the bar. To me this is a pretty cool thing for them to finally start offering at hopefully a more reasonable price than using those old plate storage posts that attach with the pin and having to use the 24" crossmembers. I would love an R6 if the rack was 30" deep and the plate storage was 14" deep, and it looks like this is going to make that possible. I personally have zero interest in a power rack that doesn't have weight storage, so this fills that gap for me. I'm sure it won't be super cheap for the add-on, but at the end of the day it's probably still going to be competitive with pricing from Legend, much cheaper than Elite, and easily available in Canada unlike any of the other options, so it's a winner for me.
    Yeah, I hear ya. Rogue is quickly losing its appeal to me. It seems like every rack, stand or rig they build is out of the same 4 standard pieces of perforated steel, bolted together in different configurations. I understand why and I can see it can add certain benefits in terms of being modular, I just don't like it. I like when products are built and designed as a whole, not out of whatever parts are available on the shelf.

I don't see anything in that pic anyone of us couldn't build ourselves given a pallet of 90" uprights and a few pallets of standard length crossmembers. It really is just a giant Meccano set.

Yeah, I hear ya. Rogue is quickly losing its appeal to me. It seems like every rack, stand or rig they build is out of the same 4 standard pieces of perforated steel, bolted together in different configurations. I understand why and I can see it can add certain benefits in terms of being modular, I just don't like it. I like when products are built and designed as a whole, not out of whatever parts are available on the shelf.

I don't see anything in that pic anyone of us couldn't build ourselves given a pallet of 90" uprights and a few pallets of standard length crossmembers. It really is just a giant Meccano set.
    I agree w/ you to the fullest. They need to start mixing it up or at the least make some color choices to make them look different.

Yeah for sure I guess I can see both sides of it. On one hand, if you know exactly what you want and know that is going to be exactly what you need forever, it's nice to get something built to match your needs 100% without any compromise for the sake of modularity.

On the other hand, it's sort of sweet that if you have a ****ty small space like me, you can buy an R3 and easily expand on it down the road when you have some more room. Hell, you could make that 30" R3 with weight storage I was talking about, and if you move somewhere with a double car garage and think an extra squat stand might be more useful than the weight storage, you can just buy an S-Series base and throw your extra uprights on and be in business. It's sort of future proofing I guess. I am a notoriously anal picky piece of ****, and I could NEVER buy something from Legend or EliteFTS just because I could never decide on something out of fear that I would change my mind on some small detail down the road and be stuck. With the Rogue stuff, if I buy a bolt together R3, I can basically use it as a launching point for any other ideas I get down the road or if my needs change. Just feels like a safe buy in that regard because I know I can always switch it around or add stuff on to it down the road.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think they should make a 30" welded rack. How hard can that be...Or do some special colors or something. Like RED GLOSS, hahahah. White gloss. Olive drab military edition.

I really dont like to bolt stuff together. That line its cheaper to ship is BS, its more expensive to ship a bolted rack than it is to freight a welded rack to my house.

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

I agree 10000000%.

It still is sumo style. The one they posted with the floor runners is supposed to be a non bolt down version.

Quoted for being awesome.

Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Terpgym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As an alternative to 3x3, I would like to see Rogue's 2x3 racks available in 7 gauge, mainly because this would provide better hand spacing for squats. Also, this might be less expensive than 3x3. Seems to me that a 7 gauge 2x3 rack with a good rear crossmember at the bottom should be very stable, and might not even need plate storage. This would be a good upgrade from the 11 gauge, and there would be no need for 3x3.

Ralph Crepinsek at http://www.1500lb.com/sumopowerracks.html uses 2x2 on his racks, with good cross bracing on the joints for stability. They're available in 11, 7, and 4 gauge.

You can see Mike Tuchscherer using one in his training, which is weighed down somewhat by the monolift attachment. His is probably 11 gauge, and it holds up well when he racks a squat.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wueKy4t4JU0

As much as I like the looks of 3x3 racks, I think Rogue took the Elitefts 2x2 racks to their logical conclusion with its 2x3 version. For a home gym, this is probably good enough, especially when they add extra weight storage for the R3. But 7 gauge would leave no doubt whatsoever.
    Last edited by Terpgym; 12-02-2012 at 09:31 PM.

Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000) Vmango is just really nice. (+1000)
    I am going to side with Forbidden on this one. I completely understand the perspective that the Rogue racks aren't anything special - but that's part of the allure. I mean, I just bought a bolt together 30" R3 and I will be able to turn this rack into just about anything I want moving forward. Also,when I move, it's won't be a concern of how they hell I'm going to get a 30" welded upright down a set of stairs. Further, my bolted R3 is so solid I can't fathom why you'd really need it welded for home use. I agree that it would be desirable but I believe it's over thinking it.

There are companies out there already that will custom make and overbuild a fancy rack.....and you end up paying dearly for it. I still maintain, that, for the price, there's not too much that can touch the quality and flexibility of the Rogue racks...the ability to add features, size, etc., is a really nice touch.

So while "off the shelf" rack production may not be glamorous I think it offers a plethora of advantages, particularly to the consumer like me who doesn't have the ability or will to fab or buy something "fancier." I think it's a wise business move through Rogue.
    Last edited by Vmango; 12-03-2012 at 07:23 AM.

ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What I like about the Rogue Racks are the amount of accessories that are made for it and how they always seem to be coming up with new add ons. Using alot of the same uprights and cross members on their different racks allows for this.

To everyone bitching about Rogue throwing off the shelf components together to make new products:

Can you name another company who makes products of their quality at that price point? That arrives to your door in a week at a reasonable freight? As well as the options on the racks. Such as sumo base, westside hole spacing, band pegs, chin bars, etc.

I understand that these things may not have a huge "wow" factor, but the total package is hard to beat IMO.

Originally Posted by Vmango View Post
    I am going to side with Forbidden on this one. I completely understand the perspective that the Rogue racks aren't anything special - but that's part of the allure. I mean, I just bought a bolt together 30" R3 and I will be able to turn this rack into just about anything I want moving forward. Also,when I move, it's won't be a concern of how they hell I'm going to get a 30" welded upright down a set of stairs. Further, my bolted R3 is so solid I can't fathom why you'd really need it welded for home use. I agree that it would be desirable but I believe it's over thinking it.

There are companies out there already that will custom make and overbuild a fancy rack.....and you end up paying dearly for it. I still maintain, that, for the price, there's not too much that can touch the quality and flexibility of the Rogue racks...the ability to add features, size, etc., is a really nice touch.

So while "off the shelf" rack production may not be glamorous I think it offers a plethora of advantages, particularly to the consumer like me who doesn't have the ability or will to fab or buy something "fancier." I think it's a wise business move through Rogue.
    I'm not questioning the quality or flexibility of the racks. I also agree that it is a wise business move by Rogue. I would want to manufacture this way too. I'm just saying they are losing their appeal to me because they are becoming a power rack lego set. There are tons of advantages to this for both Rogue and the guy buying it. Let's face it, Rogue isn't inventing this add on stuff, they are just finding way to take an existing product, bolt it on and etch an "R" in the side. Having this flexibility in the rack to accommodate products that nobody has come up with is certainly a smart move.

The bolted vs welded isn't really relevant to me. There is nothing stopping someone with a welded rack from bolting on another R3/R4 or other lego parts to it.

I doubt that the welded is any stronger/better than bolted but I admit I get a cozy feeling when someone welds parts together for the purpose of making a specific power rack (or any product). With the lego racks I just picture a guy driving around a giant matte black warehouse in a forklift going "ok, 4 of these... 4 of these... bag of these... on the truck... next order!" while an army of drones pump out 6 black lego parts into large bins. lol... I know, stupid visual. It has nothing to do with glamour.

Can you name another company who makes products of their quality at that price point? That arrives to your door in a week at a reasonable freight? As well as the options on the racks. Such as sumo base, westside hole spacing, band pegs, chin bars, etc.

No, I can't think of another company that has the identical business model and feature list as Rogue. I'm I not allowed to prefer other features that Rogue does not have? Perhaps some would like to sacrifice the speed of shipping for a rack without Westside spacing (because its annoying.. Yeah. I said it)
    Last edited by GarageIron; 12-03-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Cleveland33 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To everyone bitching about Rogue throwing off the shelf components together to make new products:

I understand that these things may not have a huge "wow" factor, but the total package is hard to beat IMO.
    Edge Fitness
    Black Widow Training Gear

They might be a little longer to ship, but they both seem to love being cheaper than Rogue.
    Boomer Rep Crew #1
    []---[] Equipment Crew #37 []---[]
    ()---() York Barbell Club #3 ()---()

"You want science and studies? **** you. I've got scars and blood and vomit."
    -Wendler

Its called an assembly line, every post is identical matte black and they have a warehouse. So not much to that.

Freight is cheap too.