Closed Thread
Page 103 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 7947
    VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    What's the longest you've taken a break from deads and squats?

I don't agree with TAAB that deads are stupid but no exercise is worth aggravating an injury so maybe put those exercises on hold for a few months.
    Longest break is probably about 6 weeks for any combination of either, though I've gone for longer periods not doing one or the other. I've been doing Rack Pulls instead of deads, and until recently those didn't bother me at all. Now, though, even those seem to be problematic. Once it flares up, even leg pressing is out. I can feel the muscle pulling when I'm hitting the bottom of the leg press rep - obviously something is too tight in the posterior chain.

The history of the issue goes back about 1.5 years, when I pulled a lower back muscle on heavy deads. I allowed it to heal, and but it would flare back up again every so often at random times: during a squat set, twisting to set down heavy DB's after bench pressing, or doing some sort of deads were the biggest culprit. I think there's some scar tissue from that first pull that gets aggravated. I do tend to sit a lot (desk job) and have relatively tight hip flexors and hamstrings, so I'm sure that's playing into the equation as well.

Lately, though, it's been worse than anything other than the 3 days after the initial injury where I couldn't even tie my shoes. Yesterday, for example, I did three sets of squats with no more than 185 lbs. and it's stiff and painful as hell today even though the weight was no problem whatsoever to lift. This is after it felt perfectly fine leading into that workout.

It's like somehow the entire lower back load is being funneled through that one single strand of muscles and overloading it.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kvk1 View Post
    It's not that fascinating.

You know how you wanted to put your penis into all sorts of different vaginas since you were a wee little lad?

They like doing the same thing. Only there are no vaginas involved.

And a bit more body fat.

And a lot less Nair.

Hope this helps.
    Outstanding.
    Who was this love of yours?

Calibrating.. please wait Final_Rep's Avatar
    Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz

You know how you wanted to put your penis into all sorts of different vaginas since you were a wee little lad?

And a bit more body fat.

And a lot less Nair.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for ruining the mystique
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump
    BRB getting Brawndo, it has what plants need
    BRB Welcome to Costco, I Love You

Lifting to Avoid COVID-19 PeterGibbons316's Avatar
    PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PeterGibbons316 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    The rant blows today.

ION, the Texans romped on the lowly Colts. I somehow managed to not get eliminated from all 3 of my playoff leagues. Thankfully when I had Josh Freeman do jack sh*t, he had Eli Manning do the same.

In my other two leagues I had Eli Manning, Jamaal Charles and Matt Stafford do jack sh*t.

This is my non-rant league fantasy update.
    I am so incredibly disappointed with this post. You've been MIA for like 4 Rant pages, and not a single multi-quote? Get it together man!
    My Journal (RIP 05/11 - 09/13):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=134256491

DIY Plyo Boxes:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151765733

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Longest break is probably about 6 weeks for any combination of either
    It makes sense to see an expert but I think the best plan would be to stop doing any form of deadlift or squat for 2-3 months while concentrating on stretching and maybe getting some deep tissue work done on it.

ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ossizen has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Got a muscle in my lower back that instantly gets tight / inflamed after doing even relatively light squats or deads. It's seriously pissing me off. Feels like it runs diagonally from the lower right back / hip area to somewhere near the lower spine about 6 inches higher.

I pulled it doing heavy deads more than a year ago, and it never seems to heal. Lately, though, it's been worse than ever.

No idea how to rehabilitate this thing.

/journal/:'(
    Try a chiropractor, particularly one who also emphasizes sports injury rehab.

Ice pack on the lower back (15 on? 15 off 2-3x a day), and naproxen sodium 2x a day can help.

kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Final_Rep View Post
    Thanks for ruining the mystique
    People are strange only when you're a stranger.

Oh yeah.

Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tyrbolift has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Longest break is probably about 6 weeks for any combination of either, though I've gone for longer periods not doing one or the other. I've been doing Rack Pulls instead of deads, and until recently those didn't bother me at all. Now, though, even those seem to be problematic. Once it flares up, even leg pressing is out. I can feel the muscle pulling when I'm hitting the bottom of the leg press rep - obviously something is too tight in the posterior chain.

The history of the issue goes back about 1.5 years, when I pulled a lower back muscle on heavy deads. I allowed it to heal, and but it would flare back up again every so often at random times: during a squat set, twisting to set down heavy DB's after bench pressing, or doing some sort of deads were the biggest culprit. I think there's some scar tissue from that first pull that gets aggravated. I do tend to sit a lot (desk job) and have relatively tight hip flexors and hamstrings, so I'm sure that's playing into the equation as well.

Lately, though, it's been worse than anything other than the 3 days after the initial injury where I couldn't even tie my shoes. Yesterday, for example, I did three sets of squats with no more than 185 lbs. and it's stiff and painful as hell today even though the weight was no problem whatsoever to lift. This is after it felt perfectly fine leading into that workout.

It's like somehow the entire lower back load is being funneled through that one single strand of muscles and overloading it.
    Don't overanalyze it.

It's something called "AGE". Back off on the heavy compounds. They are absolutely not necessary for anything, unless your main goal is to eventually get laid up permanently so you can give up exercising in any meaningful way for the rest of your life.
    Time To Re-Schedule

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz

Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz Final_Rep has the mod powerz

[youtube]awi14wDTxNw[youtube]

Oh yeah.
    This is the strangest life I've ever known. -Jim
    All Hail the Ultimate Master, "I Know More Than The Generals Do", Donald Camacho Dr. Pepper X-Ray AR-15 Trump

Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Oh yeah.
    That's one of my go-to songs in Kareoke. Idk why.
    /stange
    Witness the Final Days of My Sanity: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144537581

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

And a bit more body fat.

And a lot less Nair.

Hope this helps.
    I lost it at "And a lot less Nair."
    Originally Posted by PeterGibbons316 View Post
    I am so incredibly disappointed with this post. You've been MIA for like 4 Rant pages, and not a single multi-quote? Get it together man!
    I haven't read back yet. I hate catching up when I've been gone for more than 2 days. It is a minimum of 4-5 pages of posts. It is a lot to undertake. Generally after that long of an absence, I just make a random post (as I did) and then start following from that point on.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Drekkor has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Wow, I'm starting to feel like the colonists must have felt like back prior to our declaration of independence...
    Witness the Final Days of My Sanity: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144537581

Dom, that is a funny Op-Ed, you cheeky $%(@.

You are still welcome here, but state entrance requires a barbed-wire tattoo on your penis. Sorry, just the way it goes.

kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kvk1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I have to write an 8 page paper by midnight.

Merry Fucking Christmas.
    4 down, 4 to go.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    It makes sense to see an expert but I think the best plan would be to stop doing any form of deadlift or squat for 2-3 months while concentrating on stretching and maybe getting some deep tissue work done on it.
    No doubt you're right.

And I know that nobody can really tell me what's going on, just bouncing ideas around so I can sort out who I might want to see from the doctor standpoint.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

4 down, 4 to go.

[youtube]LP4-7VQV42k[youtube]
    It used to irk me in school when they required a minimum number of words or pages to successfully deliver support of a thesis or exposition. If I ever taught, I'd be sure to grade papers on merit instead of some arbitrary measurement like length.

/frupdate

ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ThickAsABrick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You are still welcome here, but state entrance requires a barbed-wire tattoo on your penis. Sorry, just the way it goes.
    Now batting at the bottom of the order, Frep. He currently has 0 hits in 8,541 at bats.

Swing, and a miss. He's out.

Hit the showers, Frep.

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Be sure to return soon and update us on what you had for lunch.
    Originally Posted by ossizen View Post
    I think Thick took over that part for me. Lol
    lol

Buuurrrnnn

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice try, Don Chalupio

Pineapples do not belong on pizza.
    Now I'm hungry. Thanks, Final_Suppository
    The rant blows today.

ION, the Texans romped on the lowly Colts. I somehow managed to not get eliminated from all 3 of my playoff leagues. Thankfully when I had Josh Freeman do jack sh*t, he had Eli Manning do the same.

In my other two leagues I had Eli Manning, Jamaal Charles and Matt Stafford do jack sh*t.

This is my non-rant league fantasy update.
    The rant is trying to recover from your absence.

I enjoy being back in my hometown. So much changes but so little does. Swung through my parent's house to see them and my niece & nephew before going out to meet up with friends for the first time and it was great. The two of them vying for all of my attention (because for some odd reason they look up to me) while occasionally getting to hold real conversations with my parents.
    You know, this post strangely reminds me of 2 and a Half men. Is KVK Alan?
    Kind of. I'm admittedly very lax when it comes to stretching, foam rolling, or even warming up. But with this issue I've tried regularly doing hip mobility stretches, foam rolling the area, etc. and it hasn't seemed to do much good.

It may be that I'm not doing them often enough. It's definitely all tied together in the lower back / hip / musculature, though.
    I am bad for stretching/warming up too. A couple light sets is my warm up. I have been warming up my shoulders, thanks to Lu and Lencho, and it's something I will never stop doing now.
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

No doubt you're right.

And I know that nobody can really tell me what's going on, just bouncing ideas around so I can sort out who I might want to see from the doctor standpoint.

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.
    chiro or pt

resting alone aint gonna cut it or youd be better by now. sh*t or get off the pot.

adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) adamdavidson47 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also, Jays officially traded for, and signed Dickey to a 2 year extension.
    I remove my shirt to poop crew
    Hookey Pookey crew

Captain Funpants' Poop Log of Excellence:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146431903

Originally Posted by mjw8204 View Post
    lol

Buuurrrnnn
    are you saying buuurrrnnn or boo-urrrrns?

Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    Now batting at the bottom of the order, Frep. He currently has 0 hits in 8,541 at bats.

Swing, and a miss. He's out.

Hit the showers, Frep.
    That is so untrue! I have at least 2-3 decent posts that would've been worthy of a single, maybe even a ground-rule double.

Churro > Chiro

mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mjw8204 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only "camp" I'm in is Reality Camp.
    I went there over summer vacation between my freshman and sophomore year of high school. One of the counselors tried getting fresh with me, so I called for my parents to come pick me up. Never went back.

Churro > Chiro
    i got a groupon ad or living social deal for don churro's cafe

it looks like it might be good, but i didnt buy it/go

the peruvian place on 29 went out of business, so i need another option

maybe we can have lunch there and then tell dom about it.

Originally Posted by ThickAsABrick View Post
    i got a groupon ad or living social deal for don churro's cafe

it looks like it might be good, but i didnt buy it/go

the peruvian place on 29 went out of business, so i need another option

maybe we can have lunch there and then tell dom about it.
    Don Churro was around where I used to live.

I actually prefer these guys over them.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/cholito-chicken-chantilly-2

They're literally like right next to each other by the way.

Don Churro was around where I used to live.

I actually prefer these guys over them.

They're literally like right next to each other by the way.
    That place sounds like more of a chicken place. I like that just fine, but there's one at the edge of my hood already (Wild Chicken.) I need a place I can get lomo, aji de gallina, etc. There was a sit-down place near PVI that had all that and more, but sadly it went OOB.

Don't wanna wait till you know me better..

Baaa da da da. Baaa da da da.

Closed Thread
Page 103 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 203 ... LastLast