anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Do you do Reverse lunge?

I do normal lunge as part of my program. Is there any use to add reverse lunge?

I know lot of PTs get clients to do both. I see they target the same muscles and dont know if there is any value in adding reverse lunge.

Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Diablomeister is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    never tried them, im sure they are good, give it a shot
    Originally Posted by Tiffany Wantsmore

A lie to get yourself out of trouble is way different to a lie designed to not hurt someone's feelings.

Originally Posted by Curtiz

woman logic, gotta love it

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, I do them and love them.

The movement is a lot like the squat and it emphasizes the quads more than regular lunges.

JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JBrook has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I dont do them as my normal routine wears my legs down enough I couldnt possibly do anymore, I stick to a simple leg routine and rarely even do regular lunges. If I was going to add them in, they would take the place or reg lunges and I would alternate them between workouts. I really dont see the benefit of doing them reg and rev in the same workout. In fact, if you can do both in the same workout you probably arent hitting enough weight or volume on squats, ext's or curls/sl deads IMO.

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They are awesome. I get a good stretch from them and they make you perform the reps a bit slower.

patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    They seem to hit your stabilizers a little differently and use a little less hams for me. I like to switch it up with these every few leg days. Give it a try sometime they are surely worth it.
    I am inspired by Zyzz. Did I deletes?

Started from the bottom sharktank29's Avatar
    sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50) sharktank29 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    been doing them for maybe a month now, there a great warm up for me before squats.
    "before you achieve you must believe"
    "anything is possible"

"Don't be afraid of your dreams"

♣♦♠♥MuayThai♥♠♦♣

neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50) neXen will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Yes, I do them and love them.

The movement is a lot like the squat and it emphasizes the quads more than regular lunges.
    the hell?

i was under the impression they work the posterier chain....

can anyone check up on this?

EDIT:

Ok so i checked and

longer strides backwards work the posterior chain

while shorter strides stress the quads.

quote:
    "Keep torso upright during lunge; flexible hip flexors are important. Forward knee should point same direction as foot throughout lunge. A long lunge emphasizes Gluteus Maximus; short lunge emphasizes Quadriceps"
    Last edited by neXen; 10-26-2009 at 11:00 AM.

Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Metal99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hmmm. Never tried a reverse lunge. I'll have to check it out.

MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MWheatley has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by neXen View Post
    the hell?

i was under the impression they work the posterier chain....

can anyone check up on this?

EDIT:

Ok so i checked and

longer strides backwards work the posterior chain

while shorter strides stress the quads.

quote:
    "Keep torso upright during lunge; flexible hip flexors are important. Forward knee should point same direction as foot throughout lunge. A long lunge emphasizes Gluteus Maximus; short lunge emphasizes Quadriceps"
    No one ever said they did not work the posterior chain and your argument is short strides vs long strides. Where does it say anything about forward working quads more than backwards?

Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quii will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Reverse Lunges are always a good things to add on. Like stated it's like a squat. Kills your butt!
    #63 #10
    Team Nike
    Team Hawai'i
    Team Oregon

anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) anmol_khanna has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MWheatley View Post
    No one ever said they did not work the posterior chain and your argument is short strides vs long strides. Where does it say anything about forward working quads more than backwards?
    so do we agree it is good to alternate lunge and reverse lunge, however,they dont need to be done in same routine.