Thread: Squats/Fat Ass

Registered User DirectionSeeker's Avatar
    DirectionSeeker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squats/Fat Ass

No homo.

I'm a pretty skinny guy, but I'm not gonna lie, I have a big ass. ...It's just genetic or something. Not really sure if it's a lot of muscle or a lot of fat, but yeah. I think the circumference of my ass is probably nearly as big as my chest area. Just wondering: I'm thinking about doing Starting Strength soon, so I'll be squatting a lot. if Is there anything I could do to perhaps not make my ass get huge (perhaps somebody could suggest an alternative program or something), or should I just tank it and deal with the huge ass (since the downsides of getting a huge ass are outweighed by the progress I'll make on SS)? It'd be nice if my chest/back development would outpace my ass development so that I'd look more proportional, but I'm not optimistic - I just don't think my genetics work that way.

For the record, I'm lifting for aesthetics (personal satisfaction and ladies), not strength.

wudits has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    From the title, I thought maybe your ass was interfering with your workout or something. Squats will work out the gluteus aka your ass so i you want less ass involvement, you can do front squats, but I think you should just do regular back squats seeing as how I don't want to mess with Rippetoe's SS program in any regard.

ogre21793 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ogre21793 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ogre21793 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ogre21793 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ogre21793 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ogre21793 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ogre21793 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DirectionSeeker View Post
    No homo.

I'm a pretty skinny guy, but I'm not gonna lie, I have a big ass. ...It's just genetic or something. Not really sure if it's a lot of muscle or a lot of fat, but yeah. I think the circumference of my ass is probably nearly as big as my chest area. Just wondering: I'm thinking about doing Starting Strength soon, so I'll be squatting a lot. if Is there anything I could do to perhaps not make my ass get huge (perhaps somebody could suggest an alternative program or something), or should I just tank it and deal with the huge ass (since the downsides of getting a huge ass are outweighed by the progress I'll make on SS)? It'd be nice if my chest/back development would outpace my ass development so that I'd look more proportional, but I'm not optimistic - I just don't think my genetics work that way.

For the record, I'm lifting for aesthetics (personal satisfaction and ladies), not strength.

For the record, from my experience being a big-asser.... the girl's love it, as long as its not a fat ass, and just a more round ass than the normal. Have gotten compliments my whole life, for about 20 years now, hehe.

Mass Quantities Consumer theGuy045's Avatar
    theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50) theGuy045 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DirectionSeeker View Post
    No homo.

High rep sets 20+
    '.'
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',
    stickies + search button = teaching a man to fish
    ',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',',','
    .'.________________

yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) yada has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    One more thing is that when doing squats, you must push with your legs, you must remember this and focus on it while you are doing them...

ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByronOrpheus is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ogre21793 View Post
    the girl's love it
    This. Get a nice muscular ass and women will seriously treat you like a piece of meat.

Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Acal83 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i can attest, having a big rear is a major plus with the ladies.

maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50) maddenman003 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same here ive had many compliments about my butt.. I take pride in a big butt as a football player that's where alot of power comes from.. So work it out make it strong girls will dig it