Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JoelD90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Miami Pro UK Championships 2013

2013 I will be making my debut appearance on stage. I'm currently trying to decide which stage that will be and a good friend of mine suggested the Miami Pro next year!

I have a lot of questions about it but the one sticking out in my mind at the moment is regarding my tattoo. I have a chest piece that covers my entire left pec and slightly over my anterior delt!!

Just wondering anyone's thoughts on this and if it will affect anything?

Obviously my primary concern is getting in shape for it, but there may other other comps that are more "tattoo-friendly" if this one is not!

Thank for any answers!!!

Joel

Qualified British Finals bigboijr's Avatar
    Location: North West London, State / Province, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I went to watch last years competition in st albans arena. There were many guys who competed with tattoos.. it also depends on which category you are competing. If bodybuilding, you can use a darker tan to cover tattoos.

thanks for the reply man! I going for the fitness model over 75Kg category! Just booked my place

Lots of hard to do from here on in!

bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50) bigboijr will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yeam mate ive got a friend doing the bikini modeling...its quiet interesting. they also do a miami pro fitness camp usually. i went to one last year which was quiet good. They give you more in depth information about the categories, poising, trunks, tan and much more www.miamiproevents.co.uk/camps_and_seminars.php 20th January 2013 is the next camp

yeah I had a look at that when i received my registration email from them! looks good and something i will probably do, maybe a bit closer tot he time though so i dont forget it all haha!

Have you competed before? you certainly look like you could! this will be my 1st time so lots of emotions running through me at the moment even though its 10 months away!

Thanks mate, I done my first show in august just gone at the UKBFF Kent Klassic Championships. I came 2nd in the juniors and qualified for the UKBFF British finals. Really happy with my placing as it was my first cut ever. Certainly a learning experience so i would defo suggest you to do the miami pro as a starter.

congratulations man that's amazing!! When are the finals and what category are you entering in? Yeah I can imagine this will be a huge learning curve and I will find out so much about my body and mind from it!

Well i decided not to compete... I would have done the juniors. but i have learned alot about my body... what and how much carbs react with your body, or water in equals water out. you would love it mate i tell u that

Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by JoelD90 View Post
    thanks for the reply man! I going for the fitness model over 75Kg category! Just booked my place

Lots of hard to do from here on in!
    BRO, I've just signed up for this too.....fuuarrkkkkkkk

Hows your trianing going Re21za? what you focusing on?

Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000) Re21za is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hows your trianing going Re21za? what you focusing on?
    Gonna cut until March..slow lean bulk until July...then start proppa comp prep...how bout you?

Also started doing alot more ab work...up until now I never isolated them, just relied on compounds to hit them

just trying to grow at the min still, gonna keep going until im happy (which i never am) then start cutting up about May for a slow 16-20 week strip i think! play it by ear though! lots of places need bringing up more than others so have to readjust training to focus on those parts!

On a deload week at the min - kills me - but have to do it so ill burn out

Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Mohammed786 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Talking Me Too!!!

I'm defo thinking about doing this Miami Pro UK in October. I've never been on stage, so kinda worries that my nerves will shine through.

Contemplating going to the seminar on 20/01/13... And a few more thereafter to build my confidence...

Not so worried about getting in shape as I tend to diet every summer and get down to around anything between 10-6% bodyfat...

Anyone else thinking of doing it??

danjames123 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I've entered in for October aswel, my first comp but still got 9 months to prepare.

tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tominmk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Mohammed786 View Post
    I'm defo thinking about doing this Miami Pro UK in October. I've never been on stage, so kinda worries that my nerves will shine through.

Contemplating going to the seminar on 20/01/13... And a few more thereafter to build my confidence...

Not so worried about getting in shape as I tend to diet every summer and get down to around anything between 10-6% bodyfat...

Anyone else thinking of doing it??
    Yeah man I'm the same, will be my first time on stage too so I'm hoping I don't get too nervous! Deffo looks like a decent first timer comp!!
    Time to shred!
    Gaspari SuperDrive
    USP Modern BCAA
    Animal Uni-Vite
    Gold Standard

Registered User road2aesthetics's Avatar
    road2aesthetics has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thinking of doing this comp too just debating as to if I should do the over 75kg or shoot for just under 75kg and try to dominate the class I think under 75kg though my bodyfat levels might have to be too low.

we should all meet up at one of the posing classes closer the time! will be fun for sure! im going for over 75K as im sitting about 90k now (with a bit mroe to add still hopefully) but we will see what happens! lets keep this post alive and see how everyone is progressing

Location: Thorp Arch Village, Yorkshire, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Chris Sharp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I will be doing the april 7th show, in the over 75kg even tho I'll be 6 weeks away from 40 on contest day. I am using this show to win the over 40 category in october :-) BTw I went to the camp last week, was expensive but worth it. I wouldnt think doing the show without attending a camp. Got a practice the moves now... Good luck to all!
    Anima Sana In Corpore Sano -geta6pack

PetiteL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetiteL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetiteL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetiteL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetiteL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetiteL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetiteL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetiteL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PetiteL has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys,

I went to watch the Miami Pro World Championships earlier this month. It was a really good show to watch so I reckon you'll have a great time in October.

I'm no judge, but some things I can recommend from seeing the men on stage:

Don't wear white/ pale shorts as the tan rubs off onto them creating ugly stains. Also, don't wear long shorts. It is obvious you're hiding puny legs underneath if you do!
    Don't neglect your leg workouts! I was surprised at how many men had tiny legs, especially calves.
    Relax. With the fitness model poses, you don't need to worry about the actual pose. I noticed that the men that just seemed relaxed and confident came across so much better on stage than those that were obviously thinking way too much about their poses.
    Start getting waxes a few months before the competition. The tan doesn't hide that plucked chicken look! (It also doesn't hide stretch marks!)
    There's a fine line between being confident and being arrogant. One guy I took an instant dislike to as he seemed so arrogant. With Miami Pro, they are interested to hear who the audience like so you need to make sure you are popular.
    Remember to strike one pose when you come on stage, 3 poses at the front, 1 pose at stage left and then one pose at stage right. A lot of people messed that up. Also, make sure you know your number so you step forward when called!
    Be aware that there's a 'pose down' at the end of the round where you all step forward and strike a load of poses for one minute. For some reason, everyone ended up crowded down one end of the stage and were jostling for space. The other end of the stage was quite empty and those guys had loads of room to pose. Look for the empty end of the stage when you step forward for the posing!

WRT tattoos, they aren't an issue, but, although dream tan is banned, they do allow you to use a little of this on tattoos if you want to cover them up. There were a lot of people with them though and I don't think it was seen as a negative.

Have fun training and enjoy the show.

samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) samgilbert90 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys

I'm pleased I've found a post about Miami Pro UK as I've also been looking at this show to take part in. It would be my first time competing and its seems like the Miami Pro event would be a good place to start! I'm sure it'll be nerve-racking but its been something I've had my mind on doing for a while now, plus it will be great experience for other shows in the future. I think I would be entering the under 75kg in the fitness model category, really exciting hearing from others who are thinking of doing it for the first time also! Would be great to hear from some other guys who are thinking of or have already entered, and how everyone's preparation is going!

Sam

looks like a good bunch of people doing it for 1st time! always good! anyone wants to add me as friend im happy to connect!

AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AWG is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Miami Pro is a joke of an organisation, do yoruself a favour OP and compete in a legit fed, WBFF if your into the fitness thing, or UKBFF Mens Physique or a legit BB class
    ***East Midlands Aesthetics Crew***
    ***PMC - Where Amazing Happens***
    ***Occasional Physique Competitor Crew***
    ***Diets Harder For Festivals and Nights Out Than Shows Crew***
    ***Team Soreen***

Originally Posted by AWG View Post
    Miami Pro is a joke of an organisation, do yoruself a favour OP and compete in a legit fed, WBFF if your into the fitness thing, or UKBFF Mens Physique or a legit BB class
    seems to be one of the most popular organisations in the UK, you had a bad experience with them?

Hows training going fellow competitors????

Originally Posted by AWG View Post
    I feel that this is a good stepping stone towards WBFF, getting some experience on stage etc. I understand where you are coming from, UKBFF/WBFF etc are amazing organisations and I'd love to compete in these in the future. Would like to hear you answer to Re21za ques about your experiences with them? Have you had a bad experience or just dont like the org?

Re21za, training going well, prep starts in a couple weeks! bit nervous as I haven't been in Kcal deficit in a while! hope I remember how to do it haha. What about you mate?

I feel that this is a good stepping stone towards WBFF, getting some experience on stage etc. I understand where you are coming from, UKBFF/WBFF etc are amazing organisations and I'd love to compete in these in the future. Would like to hear you answer to Re21za ques about your experiences with them? Have you had a bad experience or just dont like the org?

Re21za, training going well, prep starts in a couple weeks! bit nervous as I haven't been in Kcal deficit in a while! hope I remember how to do it haha. What about you mate?
    2 weeks into cut...so far so good. Are you gonna go to the posing camp before the competition???

Originally Posted by Re21za View Post
    2 weeks into cut...so far so good. Are you gonna go to the posing camp before the competition???
    yeah i think i will, just to get in some practice, and to scope the competition ofcourse haha you?

yeah i think i will, just to get in some practice, and to scope the competition ofcourse haha you?

yeh, I think it's definitely a good idea....I had a nightmare a few days ago...I dreamt I was back stage with 3 mins to go on, I was about 18% BF no idea about poses and didn't have a tan...I was crawling on the floor nicking other guys tans and putting it on my face..LOL SRS...I woke up that morning and decided I would go to the pose camp.

22 weeks out guys

I'm down to 212lbs...fuuarrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkk

Originally Posted by Re21za View Post
    22 weeks out guys

I'm down to 212lbs...fuuarrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkk
    are you on track or not going as planned man?

are you on track or not going as planned man?
    yes - 1lb per week up until oct 6th should get me down to 190..

how about you??? You tried carb cycling?