Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by OPISAPHA View Post
    "This isn't the real definition, it's an incorrect one I just made up to prove I know what I'm talking about"

You have to be a troll
    I gave him the actual definition, he didn't seem to care.

Pop quiz what's the other name for scientific theory? I will give you a hint it starts with F and ends with ACT.
    *dallas misc crew*
    *MFC*
    7.62x39
    10MM master race crew

“I got a stomach full of X and a ass full of test, these bitches are never gonna see me coming” -attributed to anonymous Intoxicated miscer, spring break, padre island, Texas, 2011.

Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In the time I've walked over to the gym, trained, had a shower and come back, this moron hasn't taken the time to go to Google, type in Scientific theory and educate himself.
    PC Master Race
    Misc from work crew
    245/330/445.5 (440DL@161BW) B/S/DL but do I even lift? No, I do not lift.

InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You guys need to chill a bit on evolution.

If it's true, you don't need to defend it. The only reason someone would defend it is if they believed it was true; it might be the strongest belief ever, but it's still a belief.

You never see two people standing out in the sun arguing whether the sun is shining on them or not; because it's simply true.

Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kazann is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ImpulsePainter View Post
    Oh yeah. Religion hasn't done a single thing to people that don't believe in their god. Yup.

Reporting ITT for my negs. I fukcing hate religion and think it's the worst thing humanity has created.
    LOL you're ****ing retarded

religion has done a great deal you fool.

- The Printing Press was invented by Guttenberg to make Bibles more accessible to people, the printing press then allowed wide access to other books.
    - Visual Art by DaVinci, Michaelangelo, and others of the Rennaissance Period.
    - Muslims were known for having advanced medicine for the time circa AD 1000-1200.
    - because of religion calendars were fixed in place and eclipses can be predicted.
    - It was religion that the first laws were created, such as, "man should not kill" and then came justice, like prisons.

Religion has not dont much in the last few hundred years however that's because it has not needed to, it helped lay down the foundation - right now, science has taken its place and is aiding us - though to dismiss religion and its influence on where we are today is stupid.

inb4 you call me a delusional christian, im hardly even religious myself.

BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrazzersBRB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by InfinityThor View Post

If it's true, you don't need to defend it. The only reason someone would defend it is if they believed it was true; it might be the strongest belief ever, but it's still a belief.

You never see two people standing out in the sun arguing whether the sun is shining on them or not; because it's simply true.

Except multiple people are saying the sun won't rise tomorrow.
    *dallas misc crew*
    *MFC*
    7.62x39
    10MM master race crew

“I got a stomach full of X and a ass full of test, these bitches are never gonna see me coming” -attributed to anonymous Intoxicated miscer, spring break, padre island, Texas, 2011.

Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Ronnie87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Nope. Evolution isn't a belief, it's a scientific theory.
    PC Master Race
    Misc from work crew

OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500)

Yes, because no one is stupid enough to say the sun isn't shining on them. If they did people would call them a fukking idiot, but since religion is involved here we're being more sensitive.

InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000) InfinityThor is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BrazzersBRB View Post
    Except multiple people are saying the sun won't rise tomorrow.
    That's another belief. If the sun rises tomorrow, the truth will be that the sun is shining, the need to believe is irrelevant.

Belief/faith are simply a story that you're telling yourself. You are believing something that is not yet in your experience, it has no value. It may be the most amazing, complex and logical story you have ever heard; but it is still a story, it is not true to you.

So if you believe God exists, you're wrong. If you don't believe God exists, you're also wrong. If you believe anything that is not yet in your experience, you are not in touch with truth.

The moment you believe, or have faith, you limit your ability to seek for the truth.
    Last edited by InfinityThor; 03-08-2013 at 05:03 AM.

Originally Posted by Ronnie87 View Post
    Nope. Evolution isn't a belief, it's a scientific theory.
    You are misunderstanding. If evolution is not within your experience, it is not true for you.

It may very well be true, that's not what's relevant. If it's not yet within your experience, it is simply a belief, a belief in a scientific theory.

So the question is, have you experienced evolution?

infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) infrum is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Kazann View Post
    LOL you're ****ing retarded

religion has done a great deal you fool.

- The Printing Press was invented by Guttenberg to make Bibles more accessible to people, the printing press then allowed wide access to other books.
    - Visual Art by DaVinci, Michaelangelo, and others of the Rennaissance Period.
    - Muslims were known for having advanced medicine for the time circa AD 1000-1200.
    - because of religion calendars were fixed in place and eclipses can be predicted.
    - It was religion that the first laws were created, such as, "man should not kill" and then came justice, like prisons.

Religion has not dont much in the last few hundred years however that's because it has not needed to, it helped lay down the foundation - right now, science has taken its place and is aiding us - though to dismiss religion and its influence on where we are today is stupid.

inb4 you call me a delusional christian, im hardly even religious myself.
    This

My physics lecturer recommended this doco to us

Amazing.

Too lazy to find them, but there's some nice Nikola Tesla quotes on religion.
    My incredible foresight predicted NSA spying: http://tinyurl.com/muuua2o
    Now I have foreseen a great need to curb extreme gun culture! http://tinyurl.com/k7hcogk

"The tobacco industry targets the stressed. The gambling industry targets the addictive. The alcohol industry targets the young. But most vehement and malignant is the United State's Firearm industry who obstreperously prey on the fearful, the cowardly, the simpleminded, the patriotic and the puerile." ~Infrum **MFCC**

You are misunderstanding. If evolution is not within your experience, it is not true for you.

It may very well be true, that's not what's relevant. If it's not yet within your experience, it is simply a belief, a belief in a scientific theory.

You can watch it happen, like the sun shining, what are you talking about?
    *dallas misc crew*
    *MFC*
    7.62x39
    10MM master race crew

You can watch it happen, like the sun shining, what are you talking about?
    So have you watched it happen?

OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500) OPISAPHA is not very helpful. (-500)

lol, you're not even forming coherent thoughts anymore. You sound like a handicap on an acid trip.

I've never been to China, but, it still exists.

lol, you're not even forming coherent thoughts anymore. You sound like you're on an acid trip.
    Stick with it, you will understand.

Have you seen evolution happen?

kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000) kickblake is a name known to all. (+5000)

Da fuq? "If it didnt' happen directly to me, it's not true." That's an incredibly feminine way of looking at the world.
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **
    2002 Kawasaki KLX 110
    2007 Yamaha R6

*fatty on permacut crew*

Yes, I have watched evolution happen through a microscope. As for larger animals, I have seen documented evidence with my own eyes, but I haven't been to Africa where a lot of it is happening lately in larger animals(such as elephants)
    *dallas misc crew*
    *MFC*
    7.62x39
    10MM master race crew

I've never seen you either, so therefore you don't exist. I've never seen gorillas ****ing, therefore gorillas don't ****.

Your argument is painfully stupid.

Anyone who has ever gotten more than one flu shot in their lifetime has not only seen it, but had it made a part of them. Is that good enough? Or am I still just believing that I'm being injected, and not actually having a needle in my arm?

I guess I took the blue pill.
    *dallas misc crew*
    *MFC*
    7.62x39
    10MM master race crew

XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) XPmpnII has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by alvesNYR View Post
    That's scaring people into believing. So much for faith.
    How is that scaring people into believing? You can believe whatever you want. Since atheists think we're wrong, let's play devil's advocate for a second and entertain their idea that we are. Ok, I choose to believe in God and have faith in him 100%. I don't doubt for a second that I'm right, but would I lose anything if I wasn't? There are plenty of people in this world that will refuse to believe no matter what. I think you're looking at it in the wrong way
    #FreeCryptoBandit

Yes, I have watched evolution happen through a microscope.
    So in your experience you have observed evolution, why would you need to defend it? For you, it is true.

As for larger animals, I have seen documented evidence with my own eyes, but I haven't been to Africa where a lot of it is happening lately in larger animals(such as elephants)
    Documented evidence is not within your experience, you are simply choosing to believe. Now this belief is incredibly logical and is backed by scientific theory, but in your experience it is not true.

Genital Warfare Penile_Dementia's Avatar
    Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I am fine with atheists who try to rustle Christian jimmies, and Christians who try to rustle atheist jimmies, so long as they do it well.
    Feathered Nether Regions

Originally Posted by XPmpnII View Post
    How is that scaring people into believing? You can believe whatever you want. Since atheists think we're wrong, let's play devil's advocate for a second and entertain their idea that we are. Ok, I choose to believe in God and have faith in him 100%. I don't doubt for a second that I'm right, but would I lose anything if I wasn't? There are plenty of people in this world that will refuse to believe no matter what. I think you're looking at it in the wrong way

Pascal's wager for like the 6th time in this thread.
    *dallas misc crew*
    *MFC*
    7.62x39
    10MM master race crew

Genital Warfare Penile_Dementia's Avatar
    Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Penile_Dementia is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    So in your experience you have observed evolution, why would you need to defend it? For you, it is true.
    Why would someone need to defend something they have observed and consider true? Gosh that's a toughie.

Documented evidence is not within your experience, you are simply choosing to believe. Now this belief is incredibly logical and is backed by scientific theory, but in your experience it is not true.
    If I am gathering what you mean here, you're saying it wrong.
    Feathered Nether Regions

germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000) germanyt is a name known to all. (+5000)

Yes as a matter of fact.

I've never seen you either, so therefore you don't exist. I've never seen gorillas ****ing, therefore gorillas don't ****.
    In your experience, no I do not exist, only text on a computer screen. Now logically there must be another person on the other side typing it you, so therefore I exist. It is a belief, a very logical one, but still a belief.

Your argument is painfully stupid.
    I'm not arguing, I'm simply trying to show you something. I'm well aware that my logic is incredibly horrible, I'm trying to show you something beyond logic.

In your experience, no I do not exist, only text on a computer screen. Now logically there must be another person on the other side typing it you, so therefore I exist. It is a belief, a very logical one, but still a belief.

I'm not arguing, I'm simply trying to show you something. I'm well aware that my logic is incredibly horrible, I'm trying to show you something beyond logic.
    No, you're trying to present solipsism as a valid philosophy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism#Infant_solipsism
    Infants reject solipsism once they realize that other people exist independent from them

Ok well I'm going to believe I started existing this second and every thing that happened before this is just memory that I was created with by a God.
    PC Master Race
    Misc from work crew

Originally Posted by Penile_Dementia View Post
    Why would someone need to defend something they have observed and consider true? Gosh that's a toughie.

I understand as well I just think he is trying to over complicate the fact that if it isn't a personal experience you don't know it to be true. Which is such a basic thought most others gloss over it.

Alright I have never experienced a hurricane, but to say Its just a "belief" and trying to make it sound complex and deep is the opposite. It's such a shallow idea that the whole point is who cares if I haven't experienced it, I have tangible evidence enough to warrant that my belief is indeed fact, and therefore, not necessary to personal experience. The key is in the evidence and rational thought process.
    *dallas misc crew*
    *MFC*
    7.62x39
    10MM master race crew

Originally Posted by Penile_Dementia View Post
    If you truly understand what I'm trying to say, you would understand that it will ALWAYS be said wrong.

To illustrate the point, here's 2 simple examples that the logical minds in this thread will be able to understand.

1. How would you describe the color blue to a blind person? It simply can not be done. In your experience you know what blue is, everyone with sight that has seen it knows, he does not. If a person with sight asked you what blue it, you can not describe it to him logically, you would find something that is blue and put your finger on it and say "this is blue".

2. How would you describe the taste of sweetness to a person that had not tasted such a food? In your experience you know what sweetness is, everyone that has tasted it knows, he does not. If a person asked you what sweetness is, you couldn't describe it to him logically, you would find something that is sweet and get him to taste it.

So what I'm trying to show you is something that is outside of your experience. I can not tell you what it is, I can not describe it to you, because it is not within your experience.

I can only take you and attempt to show you, only then it will be true.

No, you're trying to present solipsism as a valid philosophy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solipsism#Infant_solipsism
    Infants reject solipsism once they realize that other people exist independent from them
    Thank you, didn't know the name.
    *dallas misc crew*
    *MFC*
    7.62x39
    10MM master race crew