Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ttownrepre View Post
    You should use D'angelo's - Untitled
    to pose next year

(Raphaeel Produced it lol, great track)
    Yes, old classic..... one that put D'angelo on the map!
    "how does it feel"
    That song is a JAM!! Played on many a nights for various "friends"!
    Problem is, us 212 guys get jacked on amount of time we can pose to now! something like 90 seconds. That song barely runs through a few bars and it's over.
    Thanks!!

Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Credz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What was your motivation to being a bodybuilder based on?
    --------------------------------------------

Personal Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155617473

hocho has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking hi

Hi Stan, how are you? I practice bodybuilding (where you are the best!) and thinking practice ninjutsu (HAAAAAAA hyyyaaaaaaaaaa) and wondered if good idea to practice both? I read that also practiced martial arts and I know that's what he did and even if the practice. also let me know the measurements of your waist, thighs and calves
    してください(please)
    1000000000 thanks for replying. XD
    Stan you are the best!

DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100) DESTROYERARGH is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by StanMcQuayIFBB View Post
    Thanks for clickin on my thread! I am pleased to be here on Bodybuilding.com representing INFINITE LABS along with IFBB Pro's Lee Priest and Joe Polumbo. I have 20 years of experience with training and nutrition and I would love to share my knowledge with you. Please feel free to ask me questions here and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manor.

Thanks!

Stan McQuay

IFBB PRO
    stanmcquay.com
    muslceincorp.com
    Stan, I'll just take this opportunity to say, you're an inspiration. No brah! I mean it, Sammy Morrison means it. Twenty years is a long time to train. It's a long time to eat real man meat and make yourself "strong like bull". You sir, are no ordinary Morrisonater. You are THE Morrisonater. Twenty years. With no ****in' penis brah. HOW DOES YOUR WIFE COPE!? Here you are cracka, turning up to a buffet, set by your wife truly with nothing but a little ****in' sprout! Mother****a' you have some massive balls. (Sorry realise that might offend, I didn't mean it literally...was refering to your bravery).

Stan the Man. You have been an IFBB Pro, you have been a inspiration. But your sir! Can not last in bed, with your shrimp-esque beef cutting comb. ****in' no way. Get some steroids before it becomes a vagina.

Anyway, thanks again ****.
    Samuel Morrison

StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) StanMcQuayIFBB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Credz View Post
    What was your motivation to being a bodybuilder based on?
    To be honest with you, I never followed bodybuilding.................ever. Not until I competed my second year did I start to know who was who. Of course I knew who Arnold and Lou were. But as far as bodybuilding as a sport went, I didn't even realize it was a "sport". I entered my first competition as a dare amongst friends and landed a sponsorship within my first year of competing. So in short, I fell into bodybuilding basically because I could make some money and get paid to workout. Since then I have found a new respect for it and have found ways to give back to bodybuilding what it has given to me.

Stan

Originally Posted by hocho View Post
    Hi Stan, how are you? I practice bodybuilding (where you are the best!) and thinking practice ninjutsu (HAAAAAAA hyyyaaaaaaaaaa) and wondered if good idea to practice both? I read that also practiced martial arts and I know that's what he did and even if the practice. also let me know the measurements of your waist, thighs and calves
    してください(please)
    1000000000 thanks for replying. XD
    Stan you are the best!
    Thank you for your comments! If i could do it all over again....... I would keep a fine balance between martial arts and lifting weights. Being well rounded and ATHLETIC is key to a better well being. I would say 75% of bodybuilders are not athletes, but mostly fat guys who can put muscle on and diet hard a for a few months to step on stage and look ripped for a few days! lol!
    So in short..... keep doing martial arts AND lift weights!

Stan

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DESTROYERARGH View Post
    Stan, I'll just take this opportunity to say, you're an inspiration. No brah! I mean it, Sammy Morrison means it. Twenty years is a long time to train. It's a long time to eat real man meat and make yourself "strong like bull". You sir, are no ordinary Morrisonater. You are THE Morrisonater. Twenty years. With no ****in' penis brah. HOW DOES YOUR WIFE COPE!? Here you are cracka, turning up to a buffet, set by your wife truly with nothing but a little ****in' sprout! Mother****a' you have some massive balls. (Sorry realise that might offend, I didn't mean it literally...was refering to your bravery).

Stan the Man. You have been an IFBB Pro, you have been a inspiration. But your sir! Can not last in bed, with your shrimp-esque beef cutting comb. ****in' no way. Get some steroids before it becomes a vagina.

Anyway, thanks again ****.
    Samuel Morrison

Dear Number 1 FAN!

Solid words coming from a kid who 1) doesn't have "balls" to show his zit face. 2) Talks alot of bull****/non-sense because he can hide behind his little computer screen like a little bitch. 3) Speak on lasting in bed when you probably have never even been laid in your life example: writing on my forum with no picture/hiding behing your little computer screen finding time to talk **** to another guy when you should really be spending time working on your own game so that you can actually be LIKE ME and be able to use my little sprout...... 2mins or not!

I don't take any offense actually to your childish words..... i am actually flattered by you. I need more guys just like you!
    THANK YOU FOR JOCKIN' ME AND KNOWING SO MUCH ABOUT ME! You are the kind of HATER I LOVE to have..... keep on HATIN' cuz it proves im doin something right!! Thank you for following me!

Stan

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Very cool to read about your training methodology and insights Stan. Which form of Martial Arts did you participate in? My son has done TKD for 6 years and is now for the past year venturing into some Kickboxing, Grappling, and Brazilian JJ.
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wrestler55 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I haven't seen this asked already, so what is your take on cheat meals? Also what is your daily motivation?

Thank You.

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Very cool to read about your training methodology and insights Stan. Which form of Martial Arts did you participate in? My son has done TKD for 6 years and is now for the past year venturing into some Kickboxing, Grappling, and Brazilian JJ.
    Hey John,

I started out at a young age. My father first enrolled me in Kung Fu, since this is what he was studying at the time. As I got older I really got into Kick Boxing, some TKD for the fancy kicks, Muy Thai and Ninjitsu....... I really learned to use the Nunchakus very well! In 1988 I wanted to work on my ground game so I studied with the Gracie family in Jiu Jitsu. I pretty much studied Jiu Jitsu until I decided I wanted to jump around in my posing trunks on stage! lol!

Stan

Originally Posted by Wrestler55 View Post
    I haven't seen this asked already, so what is your take on cheat meals? Also what is your daily motivation?

Thank You.
    Cheat meals are a MUST..... off seaon and even during contest prep! That is if I am ahead with my conditioning! Only way to either: not drive yourself crazy from just eating diet food day in and day out. Also can be a great tool to stimulate one's metabolism to work harder by throwing in a cheat meal!

Stan

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Dear Number 1 FAN!

Solid words coming from a kid who 1) doesn't have "balls" to show his zit face. 2) Talks alot of bull****/non-sense because he can hide behind his little computer screen like a little bitch. 3) Speak on lasting in bed when you probably have never even been laid in your life example: writing on my forum with no picture/hiding behing your little computer screen finding time to talk **** to another guy when you should really be spending time working on your own game so that you can actually be LIKE ME and be able to use my little sprout...... 2mins or not!

I don't take any offense actually to your childish words..... i am actually flattered by you. I need more guys just like you!
    THANK YOU FOR JOCKIN' ME AND KNOWING SO MUCH ABOUT ME! You are the kind of HATER I LOVE to have..... keep on HATIN' cuz it proves im doin something right!! Thank you for following me!

Stan
    1. This was shocking to see someone do this when all you are doing is here trying to help.
    2. I was ROFL reading your response!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kconnell View Post
    1. This was shocking to see someone do this when all you are doing is here trying to help.
    2. I was ROFL reading your response!
    Agreed. There is an "element" on these and most boards on the web. People will say things here they never would in person.
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

Miscing from a BBGTerm. Whartonite2014's Avatar
    Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What ever happened to e2p? Also, a sole collector, here. Favorite source for Jordan's?

Registered User HopeSmallwonder's Avatar
    HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50) HopeSmallwonder will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    TEAM INFINITE:

This Saturday, October 20th be sure to stop by the Infinite Labs booth at the Phoenix Europa Get Fit & Sports Expo, and say hi to Infinite Athlete IFBB Pro Stan McQuay! Stan will be live sampling our best selling pre workout: Juggernaut HP!

Stop by the booth, take a Photo with Stan, and post it here or on our ******** page!

Time: 9am-?
    Follow me on ********!
    http://www.********.com/profile.php?id=100000582781653

Infinite Labs Model

yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Hi Stan, I have 2 questions regarding training. Please help ! :)

Hi Stan, you got excellent symmetry and perfect muscle separation. I think you are the right one who can give me the best answer. So here my questions are

1) SHould you concentrate on isolating the targeted muscle during an exercise? For example, during bench press, should you try as much as you can to stop triceps and delts from getting involved. In other word, should you try to only use your pecs to lift?The reason I ask is becuz I normally bench 275lbs for 8 reps, moderate speed on positive phase and slow on negative phase, proper form. But recently I tried to focus on only using pecs to bench ( keep tri's and delts from getting involved) I could only bench 185lbs for 8 reps and it works better cuz I can tell from the pain on the next day. But in common sense if you wanna grow you have to lift heavy, so I am confused. Which way is better ? lift heavy or lift light (relatively) and focus on isolating the targeted muscle.

2) On positive phase of an exercise should you lift with moderate speed (under control) or contract targeted muscle with explosiveness (I think needless to say going slow on negative phase is undisputed, correct me please if Im wrong )

Please help ! Thanks a lot.

Your fan.
    The one can do everything what he wants if he believe in himself.

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yangmengbi View Post
    Hi Stan, you got excellent symmetry and perfect muscle separation. I think you are the right one who can give me the best answer. So here my questions are

1) SHould you concentrate on isolating the targeted muscle during an exercise? For example, during bench press, should you try as much as you can to stop triceps and delts from getting involved. In other word, should you try to only use your pecs to lift?The reason I ask is becuz I normally bench 275lbs for 8 reps, moderate speed on positive phase and slow on negative phase, proper form. But recently I tried to focus on only using pecs to bench ( keep tri's and delts from getting involved) I could only bench 185lbs for 8 reps and it works better cuz I can tell from the pain on the next day. But in common sense if you wanna grow you have to lift heavy, so I am confused. Which way is better ? lift heavy or lift light (relatively) and focus on isolating the targeted muscle.

2) On positive phase of an exercise should you lift with moderate speed (under control) or contract targeted muscle with explosiveness (I think needless to say going slow on negative phase is undisputed, correct me please if Im wrong )

Please help ! Thanks a lot.

Your fan.

Great question! And definitely not to give a "cop out" answer........ but both ways of training a muscle are correct! I would suggest training them with strict isolation one week to where you focus on contraction of just the primary muscle. The next week training the muscle with high intensity using strict form but at a controlled pace, not worrying about taking secondary muscle out of the picture, but allowing all muslces involved to contract with force to move the weight. The following week you will use both ways of training per bodypart. Of a 4 set exercise, the first 3 sets you use the high intensity, all muscles involved approach. For the fourth set you lighten the weight up and focus on contracting just the primary muscle. With this pattern you are constantly confusing the muscle to give maxium muscle stimulation to produce better growth. This is just ONE EXAMPLE of how to incorporate both styles of contraction into your training program. No wrong answer to training for muscle growth as long as you train smart and in control!!!

Now depending on what body part I am training, will dictate the pace and speed of how I contract the muscle. Yes you are correct in saying "needless to say going slow on negative phase is undisputed". No matter what muscle I am training, being a bodybuilder i will always go at a slow, controlled pace for my negatives. But back to the contraction part, I will generally use more of an explosive, yet a very controlled contraction.

Hope this helps!
    Stan

Originally Posted by Whartonite2014 View Post
    What ever happened to e2p? Also, a sole collector, here. Favorite source for Jordan's?
    Ep2 went out of business 3 years ago due to financial issues.
    Sneakerhead in da house!!! My favorite soure for Jordan's are my dude on the corner who got what you need!!! lol!

Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100) Spartacus81 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Im glad he got banned WTF. Nice to see a pro helping others. I m glad u can take the bull**** and actually talk to your fans. People wonder why most of u guys dont get on here. Theres always some jealous hater talking ****. Thx for firing back at that bitch.
    There should be a picture of Dexter Jackson on the IFBB mandate.

Miscing from a BBGTerm. Whartonite2014's Avatar
    Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000) Whartonite2014 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is Dr. Dre still one of your clients?

Originally Posted by Spartacus81 View Post
    Im glad he got banned WTF. Nice to see a pro helping others. I m glad u can take the bull**** and actually talk to your fans. People wonder why most of u guys dont get on here. Theres always some jealous hater talking ****. Thx for firing back at that bitch.
    Sometimes I actually enjoy clowns like that who come on here talking nothing but jealousy and hate. A little comedy never hurts anybody!

Originally Posted by Whartonite2014 View Post
    Is Dr. Dre still one of your clients?
    No, Dr. Dre and I are no longer training together. I taught him all he needs to know to maintain that physique on his own!
    Time to spread the knowledge to others!

www.muslceincorp.com

kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kconnell is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stan,

Among others, I also like your symmetry. This 'quality' is missing in many of the mass monsters, IMO.

When and what happened that was your epiphany about training? In other words, what did you learn and what were you doing when 'the light bulb turned on' regarding training that made it more effective for you and started you on faster gains?

KC
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    Available as a rep

diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) diesel_3 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Stan,
    I am sure you have been asked something like this a million times, but I am wondering if you can help me.

I was once 270LBs and cut down to my lowest of 178LBs, now i'm doing a very slow bulk to help lacking areas then another cut.

I recently watched a documentary which you are probably aware of called 'I want to look like that guy' which was done a few years back. It really piqued my interest on getting into the amateur (then maybe possibly pro?) bodybuilding circuit, I live in Victoria BC and have tried digging around a bit to find out how/where the heck I should even start? I guess that's my question, where would the best place to go to get a REAL bodybuilding trainer, I don't want some regular personal trainer, I want somebody who has been there and knows exactly what they are doing to help me out.

I would just love the thrill of totally transforming my body, then being on stage showing my hard work and hey, maybe even winning a trophy or a medal!

Thanks,

Mack
    **CAN Army Veteran**
    TF 3-09 Roto 8

simonaquitania has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for clickin on my thread! I am pleased to be here on Bodybuilding.com representing INFINITE LABS along with IFBB Pro's Lee Priest and Joe Polumbo. I have 20 years of experience with training and nutrition and I would love to share my knowledge with you. Please feel free to ask me questions here and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manor.

Thanks!

Stan McQuay

IFBB PRO
    stanmcquay.com
    muslceincorp.com
    Hey, I'm really new to body building and I am 5'6 145 lbs. 20% BF. I really want to build muscle, drop my BF to 10% or even lower, most likely be 135 - 145 depending on what size I want. What do you think how I should approach this to reach my goal? I do eat 5 - 6 meals a day, high protein and carbs low fat. I lift weights Mon - Friday split routines and will be adding LISS and HIIT. If you can help me I would really appreciate your advice.
    Attached Images

ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500) ndog is not very helpful. (-500)
    Hi Stan I had a question I have been really wanting to ask a pro I would appreciate it if you could answer! Have you ever had any joint problems or pain with the muscle you put on? Myself having some elbow pain I am really interested to hear any suggestions you might have my doctor says not to worry about it but I would like your take on it. Thank you so much for posting here great physique!!!

Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Pandaepic has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi Stan, I don't know if this has been asked already, when did you start lifting?
    Bulking

yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) yangmengbi has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Great question! And definitely not to give a "cop out" answer........ but both ways of training a muscle are correct! I would suggest training them with strict isolation one week to where you focus on contraction of just the primary muscle. The next week training the muscle with high intensity using strict form but at a controlled pace, not worrying about taking secondary muscle out of the picture, but allowing all muslces involved to contract with force to move the weight. The following week you will use both ways of training per bodypart. Of a 4 set exercise, the first 3 sets you use the high intensity, all muscles involved approach. For the fourth set you lighten the weight up and focus on contracting just the primary muscle. With this pattern you are constantly confusing the muscle to give maxium muscle stimulation to produce better growth. This is just ONE EXAMPLE of how to incorporate both styles of contraction into your training program. No wrong answer to training for muscle growth as long as you train smart and in control!!!

Now depending on what body part I am training, will dictate the pace and speed of how I contract the muscle. Yes you are correct in saying "needless to say going slow on negative phase is undisputed". No matter what muscle I am training, being a bodybuilder i will always go at a slow, controlled pace for my negatives. But back to the contraction part, I will generally use more of an explosive, yet a very controlled contraction.

Hope this helps!
    Stan
    Thank you for your detailed answer Stan ! You are very patient and professional !

I got another question here, Pls help

After 5 years training, I have noticed that there are some tricks in every single exercise that will help you put most of the stress on your muscle bellies. I personally think its the key separating pros and amateurs. For example, during squat, the trainee should bend knees 1st and then try to pretend there is a chair underneath and simulate the form of "sitting down" and also try not bend lower back or leaning forward as much as possible. I could be wrong on these tricks but these tricks works for me better than "strength training anatomy". I believe bodybuilding is not as simple as moving weight from position A to position B. In my opinion, every single exercise got 2 ways to perform. One bodybuilding way and one powerlifting way. Pls Correct me if I am wrong.

My question is how do you do bent over row? What is your key tricks on bent over row?

Thanks !!!
    The one can do everything what he wants if he believe in himself.

Originally Posted by kconnell View Post
    Stan,

Among others, I also like your symmetry. This 'quality' is missing in many of the mass monsters, IMO.

When and what happened that was your epiphany about training? In other words, what did you learn and what were you doing when 'the light bulb turned on' regarding training that made it more effective for you and started you on faster gains?

KC
    ..................when I started to get hurt alot trying to be "big guy" or "strong guy" in the gym. Im an extremely strong athlete, but trying be even stronger than I already am was useless. Basically did nothing but work on my ego. Once I started to progress physically as well as mentally I started to realize than longevity in this game is the way to go. I like to do other things besides just bodybuilding and lifting weights and when you are always injured from lifting with your ego, those other things become less and less. Faster gains have been the result of lifting smarter, slower, with more intent and with a strategy.

Originally Posted by diesel_3 View Post
    Stan,
    I am sure you have been asked something like this a million times, but I am wondering if you can help me.

I was once 270LBs and cut down to my lowest of 178LBs, now i'm doing a very slow bulk to help lacking areas then another cut.

I recently watched a documentary which you are probably aware of called 'I want to look like that guy' which was done a few years back. It really piqued my interest on getting into the amateur (then maybe possibly pro?) bodybuilding circuit, I live in Victoria BC and have tried digging around a bit to find out how/where the heck I should even start? I guess that's my question, where would the best place to go to get a REAL bodybuilding trainer, I don't want some regular personal trainer, I want somebody who has been there and knows exactly what they are doing to help me out.

I would just love the thrill of totally transforming my body, then being on stage showing my hard work and hey, maybe even winning a trophy or a medal!

Thanks,

Mack

My suggestion would be to ask the training staff at the gym you train at if they can refeer a trainer who specializes and LOOKS LIKE a bodybuilder. If you don't go to a gym to train, call the nearest ones to you and see if they can refeer you to one. Or if there are any guys who look like they know what they are doing, ask them if they know anybody in the area who can help you out. There are tons of bodybuilding specific trainers out there.

Another option would be to study as much as you can online and thru books and observe others on youtube etc.