Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500)

Bodybuilding after 65

Anybody below the age of 65 is relatively young. A 35-year old person is in many sense still a kid. We are all here as fitness-minded people, health nuts and bodybuilders. But many of us here are not yet really old enough to possess that stronger sense of mortality that people above 60 or 65 feel.

How will you approach or how do you approach bodybuilding and fitness as you officially become an old person after you hit 65? Is it exciting to lift weights, diet and do cardio and look your best at 65 or would it be frightening considering you are more fragile physically or physiologically at 65?

EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Hollywood_HD View Post
    Anybody below the age of 65 is relatively young. A 35-year old person is in many sense still a kid. We are all here as fitness-minded people, health nuts and bodybuilders. But many of us here are not yet really old enough to possess that stronger sense of mortality that people above 60 or 65 feel.

How will you approach or how do you approach bodybuilding and fitness as you officially become an old person after you hit 65? Is it exciting to lift weights, diet and do cardio and look your best at 65 or would it be frightening considering you are more fragile physically or physiologically at 65?
    81 years old my ass.
    Squat heavy or go home

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/enigmapower

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you are indeed 81 by the looks of that pic in your bodyspace you belong on stage this July in the NPC Masters National. This year they have an over 80. That pic shows the muscle separation (from what little we can see) hardness, and skin of a 40 year old.

Again if you are 81 you will like the attached pic. This dude is in his 80s and other than muscle mass...shows his age.

Baldie
    Attached Images

chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10) chasing40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If you possess all this worldly wisdom and 81 years old why are you hiding your face behind a baseball cap? at 81 what would you care?

Also age is relative, if you had a long term disease or sickness( you would understand mortality) it would not matter if you were 30-40-50 ? depends were your at at that time?
    " Your only true competion in life is the person who works harder then you "

EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chasing40 View Post
    If you possess all this worldly wisdom and 81 years old why are you hiding your face behind a baseball cap?
    And notice what is in his hand. I'll say it again, 81 years old my ass.
    Squat heavy or go home

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EnigmaPower View Post
    And notice what is in his hand. I'll say it again, 81 years old my ass.
    Not to mention all of the posts in the Misc section, you can be cool at 81, but not too many people that I know at that age that listen to Velvet revolver.
    Instagram @captloufitness

Get comfortable being uncomfortable

USMC 89-97

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Capt_Lou View Post
    Not to mention all of the posts in the Misc section, you can be cool at 81, but not too many people that I know at that age that listen to Velvet revolver.
    Of course a careless typist might transpose a 1 and an 8.....this makes more sense than an 81 "treasure hunter"
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Question

OK Capt Lou....can a 68 year old listen to Guns and Roses ?(thought VR was a stretch).

Baldie

GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10) GROWLER is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are kidding? A gun in his hand? I tought it was the old fairies steely arse dido.

G

Originally Posted by Baldiewonkanobi View Post
    OK Capt Lou....can a 68 year old listen to Guns and Roses ?(thought VR was a stretch).

Baldie
    And I thought you had good taste...
    Squat heavy or go home

Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Capt_Lou is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Baldie
    LOL sure, but in 13 years you have to stop

You have to admit that most people at that age don't listen to that type of music.

USMC 89-97

Talking

Do I have to also stop hanging with John Crist, lead guitar, Danzig??

http://www.johnchrist.com/jc.html

My son is a rocker. Runs a conservative Beverly Hills rich kids sports camp during the day and rocks at night. He is also the voice of Wolfman Jack and currently working on a Pepsi national ad campain.

Baldiewontheunknownquantityandgurutothebravehearts

Do I have to also stop hanging with John Crist, lead guitar, Danzig??

http://www.johnchrist.com/jc.html

My son is a rocker. Runs a conservative Beverly Hills rich kids sports camp during the day and rocks at night. He is also the voice of Wolfman Jack and currently working on a Pepsi national ad campain.

Baldiewontheunknownquantityandgurutothebravehearts
    OK I am humbled, Danzig got me through many a nights in bars in Okinawa

USMC 89-97

Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50) Xtcme will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Obama called, he said put the gun and cap away, and be a real BLACK man.
    "People will start Lifting For tons of reasons, But stop for only one"

Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500) Hollywood_HD is not very helpful. (-500)
    If you are indeed 81 by the looks of that pic in your bodyspace you belong on stage this July in the NPC Masters National. This year they have an over 80. That pic shows the muscle separation (from what little we can see) hardness, and skin of a 40 year old.

Again if you are 81 you will like the attached pic. This dude is in his 80s and other than muscle mass...shows his age.

Baldie
    I'm 33 years old. I initially chose to put 81 as my age because I want to give tribute to may granduncle who passed away at 81. He was one of the people who influenced me to take up bodybuilding.

Well well well. Now that's better. You are a big dude and so blessed. Change that idiotic Avitar. You are way too old for that crap. Also work on getting rid of the negs. Here in O35 thats a sign that spells TEENAGER. That you are not. So pull up a chair and be welcomed amongst men. Share with us.

Baldie

Well well well. Now that's better. You are a big dude and so blessed. Change that idiotic Avitar. You are way too old for that crap. Also work on getting rid of the negs. Here in O35 thats a sign that spells TEENAGER. That you are not. So pull up a chair and be welcomed amongst men. Share with us.

Baldie
    I don't think my avatar is idiotic as I don't see any relevance of that with why we are here in bodybuilding.com in the first place. There is no such thing as being too old or too young for anything IMO but anyway I appreciate your presence, wisdom and sense of warmth.

gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10) gkrane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Oh cmon. That avatar is plain old kid ****. Do you wear your pants all the way off your ass as well?

Originally Posted by gkrane View Post
    Oh cmon. That avatar is plain old kid ****. Do you wear your pants all the way off your ass as well?
    Well I'm not over 35.

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't think my avatar is idiotic as I don't see any relevance of that with why we are here in bodybuilding.com in the first place. There is no such thing as being too old or too young for anything IMO but anyway I appreciate your presence, wisdom and sense of warmth.
    I just thought I would comment on one thing here.
    By your standard of perception your avatar my not be 'idiotic' as has been mentioned.
    But...is that avatar truly how you want to portray yourself in a public forum?...or in life in general.
    We are measured by those around us by how we behave and how we portray ourselves in the world.
    You seem to be holding a gun (?) with a cap hiding your face.

If I am correct....I don't get the appeal to use that as an image for someone to associate me with.
    If I am wrong....I'd like being wrong on this one.

But...what I think totally irrelevant...I just wanted to provide some perspective.

Back to topic....
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

I don't want to grow up.....

Maybe we should give the kid some slack after all. I don't want to grow up either. I want to be 20 years younger. 49. Most of all my associates are 20 years younger.

This dude wants to be 15 and he should be posting over in the teen section.

Can we all sing together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_clloHLZA

Baldie

Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Wayne Evans has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe we should give the kid some slack after all. I don't want to grow up either. I want to be 20 years younger. 49. Most of all my associates are 20 years younger.

This dude wants to be 15 and he should be posting over in the teen section.

Can we all sing together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1_clloHLZA

Baldie
    Mornin' Baldiewonkanobi..

****sky.....I just noticed he is banned....thaaaaank you.

I respond to posters here based on:
    Their posts/responses
    Their age
    Their signature
    And the RHI factor - respect, honor and integrity.

I would not have contributed to helping him just based on the thug/tough guy avatar....but....what I think is irrelevant and I don't have an abundance of knowledge anyway.

A great day to all....vacation day for me tomorrow!
    USMC: 1965-1969
    Original music:
    https://www.soundclick.com/artist/default.cfm?bandID=897733
    https://soundcloud.com/chulaivet1966
    Videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/chulaivet/videos

Just an old guy trying to keep up his rhythm chops.
    "One persons perception of good music can be another persons definition of noise"

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Maybe you could elaborate how one achieves that strong sense of morality? Is it achieved by sitting on the couch for 20 years while you simply get older? Does every 65 year old have that great sense? Your statement is ridiculous! A sense of mortality is obtained via experience. Maybe you could ask the imature unworldly 20-25 year olds coming back from Iraq and Afghanistan about mortality. How about the 13 year old who has been dealing with brain cancer for 5 years. What would thet know about mortality? Personally, I don't approach any part of life as an "old" person. Bodybuilding is no different then getting up, shaving, taking a shower and going to work. It's part of my 54 year old life and will be until I'm dead. If you want to start measuring weakness, start at home.
    Last edited by Fifty+; 02-27-2009 at 07:59 AM.

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)

I don't know about about bodybuilding at 65 yr. old, but I'll still be weight training in my 100's.

^^^^^^^Phil^^^^^^

How do home trainers get so smart??

Baldie

Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500) Taichichuan is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by gkrane View Post
    I was wondering the other day about this ****! Will people exhibit the same idiotic behavior, dress, and attitudes when I'm 100 years old!? It makes me shiver with loathing just to think of it.

Slower, but smarter Capnwilliam's Avatar
    Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50) Capnwilliam will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This Thread has an interesting title, but everyone on it is just bickering about matters unrelated to it. :-(

Jim
    I wonder how soon it will be before we start seeing "Don't blame me, I voted for McCain" bumper stickers?