Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What are a good source of simple carbs for post workout?

other than dextrose

The Solution has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    many like to add honey , many like to add fruits especially bananas / oats
    also you could use kitty cereal (cocoa pebbles, lucky charms)
    white breads/bagels
    white rice

these are a few to get u going

lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by LayzieBone085 View Post
    white breads/bagels
    white rice

Why would you want to add nutrient empty foods (i.e. sugar laden cereals)? Fruits will not only spike your insulin but provide you with vital minerals and vitamins, as will honey. Your body needs more than protein to build muscle and stay healthy. I add banana and honey to my post work out shake.
    Proud first female member of the Manly Man Club!

Originally Posted by lupinecat View Post
    Why would you want to add nutrient empty foods (i.e. sugar laden cereals)? Fruits will not only spike your insulin but provide you with vital minerals and vitamins, as will honey. Your body needs more than protein to build muscle and stay healthy. I add banana and honey to my post work out shake.
    what do you call dextrose like he suggested? all the stuff i listed are just alternate sources

i go for a mix of banana/dex in my pwo along with my scoop of whey

rforgione has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm fine blending oats with my whey for my PWO shake.
    www.raylongomartialarts.com
    www.serrajitsu.com

http://www.********.com/p/Rob_Forgione/1364580050
    http://www.myspace.com/robforge

Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Miscer9232 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice, thanks for the advice. i think i will just use a banana and some honey

formula1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) formula1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my immediate PWO meal is the following: whey protein powder in water (sometimes non fat milk), whole wheat bread or oats, 1 banana. real meal to follow 1-2 hours later.

Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Fifty+ is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

After a bodybuilding workout, hopefully you've reached your goal and broken down some muscle fiber. Now you want to feed these pooor broken down muscle fibers and feed them quick. The simpler the sugar molecule the quicker it breaks down and, yes it raises your insulin levels, which in turn offers the predigested protein powder you added to your post workout drink to feedyour poor aching muscles....along with a lot of red oxigenated blood cells....well ok, they're coming anyway. You get the point.

A little blabbering..
    50+
    Last edited by Fifty+; 08-06-2007 at 07:59 PM.

lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) lupinecat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Fifty+ View Post
    After a bodybuilding workout, hopefully you've reached your goal and broken down some muscle fiber. Now you want to feed these pooor broken down muscle fibers and feed them quick. The simpler the sugar molecule the quicker it breaks down and, yes it raises your insulin levels, which in turn offers the predigested protein powder you added to your post workout drink to feedyour poor aching muscles....along with a lot of red oxigenated blood cells....well ok, they're coming anyway. You get the point.

A little blabbering..
    50+
    Hence why dex is optimal, however he was wanting something other than dex i.e. some food source of sugar, and I can't imagine why you would choose sugar laden crap over nutrient dense alternatives that can provide a similar insulin peak. But that's just my two cents.

But then again the kid is sixteen - he shouldn't even be worrying too much about eating a bit of crap now and then, his metabolism must be like a furnace!

amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    white breads/bagels
    white rice

KITTY??? meow...hehe

Yea i eat fruit.sometimes after i workout for a jumpstart seems to pep me up..or some good juice

today i ate pineapple and acai/agave juice and my protein shake with skim milk post work out
    Last edited by amberlynn72; 08-06-2007 at 08:28 PM. Reason: edit

DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The main thing I have to say about eating fruits(and I saw some WW bread in there), is the fiber and the higher GI(for those who really care about GI). Fiber is really important NOT to have PWO. So, on that not, I wouldn't really recommend fruits. Those are better preworkout.

Honey is good. I actually like to just mix one scoop of whey with about two or three cups of milk, and eat a bagel or a couple slices of bread with that. Plenty of simple carbs, and you get a good bit of casein(which is also important PWO), too.

Originally Posted by DriftMonster View Post
    The main thing I have to say about eating fruits(and I saw some WW bread in there), is the fiber and the higher GI(for those who really care about GI). Fiber is really important NOT to have PWO. So, on that not, I wouldn't really recommend fruits. Those are better preworkout.

Honey is good. I actually like to just mix one scoop of whey with about two or three cups of milk, and eat a bagel or a couple slices of bread with that. Plenty of simple carbs, and you get a good bit of casein(which is also important PWO), too.
    Doesn't casein slow digestion in much the same way as fiber?

DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50) DriftMonster will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Doesn't casein slow digestion in much the same way as fiber?
    I didn't think so. I haven't really heard anything about that. I just thought that the casein protein itself digested slow. Also, I believe the importance of not having fiber has to do with blunting the insulin spike.

If I'm wrong, please fix me. I've been avoiding fruits PWO for that exact reason.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use honey. I can't give you a scientific reason why this is a better idea than anything else, but it tastes really f*cking good in a shake.

I used to do that. My wife would give me so much crap when I come home from the gym all sweaty, make a shake and just chug honey out of the bottle. I liked it, you can get a lot of simple carbs really really fast.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    I used to do that. My wife would give me so much crap when I come home from the gym all sweaty, make a shake and just chug honey out of the bottle. I liked it, you can get a lot of simple carbs really really fast.
    Honey+vanilla whey pWns. And it certainly isn't BAD with chocolate either.

ThemoLife Alter Ego SupaNatural's Avatar
    SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SupaNatural is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Honey. It has been shown to replenish glycogen stores not much slower than glucose but for a sustained period. I had the supporting research at one time but need to look it up again.

ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    how much honey? I would imagine you don't need much

i would think since honey is so thick it would slow down the absorption if anything, but i agree its a great simple carb source

how would this be for PWO??

1 scoop of whey mixed in water
    1 white/ww bagel topped with favorite condiment and maybe a dash of cinnamon

good carbs from the bagel = out to about 50 or so and they yield quite a bit of protein if WW so its kind of a good mix of simple carbs to have on the side.. plus im on the run so i could kick down the shake and munch on the bagel on the way to work

i would think since honey is so thick it would slow down the absorption if anything
    What the hell?

And you do realize it's diluted in water anyway, right?

Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    how much honey? I would imagine you don't need much
    3 tablespoons is about 60g carbs, which is what I use.

amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50) amberlynn72 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Well about that??I have always been told fruit digests within 15 minutes..its one of the easiest digestable foods ..so I dunno if you can say that about its fiber content...

ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10) ECS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    3 tablespoons is about 60g carbs, which is what I use.

And you do this even when cutting?

Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Fuerza_M has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I take this +Whey Isolate+Bcaas+creatine mono with good results

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/prima/carbslam.html

Originally Posted by ECS View Post
    And you do this even when cutting?
    Haha, I'm 132. You think I'm worried about cutting? But regardless, you want 2x as many grams of carbs as protein.

Haha, I'm 132. You think I'm worried about cutting? But regardless, you want 2x as many grams of carbs as protein.

I was talking about my cutting, lol. So people still spike their carbs after a workout when cutting I guess is the question....

medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50) medo30886 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use honey. I can't give you a scientific reason why this is a better idea than anything else, but it tastes really f*cking good in a shake.
    lol u bet its like heaven
    the scientific reason would be its hi GI or whatever!!!
    medo30886@yahoo.com

markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i always keep it simple.

2 scoops of whey with a banana and if possible then i add strawberries.

SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SoulBurn18 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I personally try to workout with as little food in my stomach as possible. 1.) Because I cramp up easily and 2.) I've always been told that your body gets rid of more bodyfat that way.
    Push yourself as far as you possibly can, and just when you've pushed yourself to your limits, you push it just a little bit more.