Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Olive Oil ?

MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Olive Oil ?

Olive oil has virtually no saturated fat, right?, so its good to add to salads and foods for extra "good" calories.

If you fry food in olive oil, like maybe fish or potato slices, will this then turn into SATURATED fats.

Thanks Guys.

D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) D&G has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It does have saturated fat but it is also high in good fats - it is good fat - virgin olive oils are better

don't fry with it - strong heat destroys good fats
    "my grocery bill looks like a ransom note"

Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not only does high heat destroy efa's and other unsaturated fats, but it also forms carcinagenic boogers called mutagens. Very unhealthy.

I've been watching the food network a lot lately and have noticed that Emiril loves to fry food with extra virgin olive oil. He's just asking for cancer lol.

Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tim has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Frying foods isn't a good idea to begin with. But using olive oil in your salad dressing is a good idea.

Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Logo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Olive oil mixed with a bit of vinegar would probably make a great salad dressing.

mrtturbo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have recently started cooking my chicken breast with virgin olive oil. I don't fry but keep the heat at medium for 15-20 min. This is done with a pan on the stove ( i used to use pam spray). It never smokes or chares...can I conclude that I am ok and not turning my good fat bad?

Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Re: Olive Oil ?

Originally posted by MATTAXE
    Olive oil has virtually no saturated fat, right?, so its good to add to salads and foods for extra "good" calories.

If you fry food in olive oil, like maybe fish or potato slices, will this then turn into SATURATED fats.

Thanks Guys.
    Mine has 3 grams/tablespoon. That is extra virgin, the way I like my women.
    Get it in Gear

MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MATTAXE has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Re: Re: Olive Oil ?

Originally posted by Cusesharpe

Mine has 3 grams/tablespoon. That is extra virgin, the way I like my women.
    lol Cusesharpe, me too.

Thanx for the responses

booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) booger_dee is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I figure the Christians are the ones pushing Olive Oil. Seems like when I was a kid and sick in the hospital these Christians would come around and smear Extra Virgin Olive Oil on my forehead and say the old "I Can Play Dominoes Better Than You Can Play Dominos" prayer and then tell me that now I would get better.

Most products are just a marketing thing. People trying to make money. They use a lot of big scientific sounding mumbo jumbo.

Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Cusesharpe is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally posted by booger_dee
    I figure the Christians are the ones pushing Olive Oil. Seems like when I was a kid and sick in the hospital these Christians would come around and smear Extra Virgin Olive Oil on my forehead and say the old "I Can Play Dominoes Better Than You Can Play Dominos" prayer and then tell me that now I would get better.

Most products are just a marketing thing. People trying to make money. They use a lot of big scientific sounding mumbo jumbo.
    What in the hell are you talking about???
    Get it in Gear

plow-horse has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally posted by booger_dee

Yea what the hell are you saying. Where was this.
    Olive Oil is your friend.

Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Awais is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    eye gas butter and lard ar a gud choaes.

dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000) dnoel is just really nice. (+1000)
    you can inject it into your biceps for a huge pump

bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just a question guys:

Ok, we know that when we heat up the olive oil (oil), your fats become saturated. But if we put the oil into the freezer, that also happens? I ask because we make at home sugarfree ice cream, but we beat eggs with oil toguether and then put into freezer.

So the ice cream end up having 1 serving 130 cal and 12 g of fats ( from the egg and oil ). This fats are still most unsaturated like it was before freezing the oil, so i can eat it to reach my good fats?

Thanks alot and hope you guys understanda my point ( srry for the english )

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bnk951952 View Post
    Just a question guys:

Ok, we know that when we heat up the olive oil (oil), your fats become saturated. But if we put the oil into the freezer, that also happens? I ask because we make at home sugarfree ice cream, but we beat eggs with oil toguether and then put into freezer.

So the ice cream end up having 1 serving 130 cal and 12 g of fats ( from the egg and oil ). This fats are still most unsaturated like it was before freezing the oil, so i can eat it to reach my good fats?

Thanks alot and hope you guys understanda my point ( srry for the english )
    lol, wut!

also, strong 9 year bump!
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Saturated fats are solid at room temp - think butter, coconut oil, etc. Olive oil is high in monounsaturated fats. As the others have said, best to not cook with it and use it for salad dressings, or dressing vegetables. I prefer cooking with coconut oil because it can tolerate high heat without damaging its structure.

bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bnk951952 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    lol, wut!

also, strong 9 year bump!
    Lol, yea. I don't like to create new topics if there is others in existance...

Originally Posted by Ashlei
    Saturated fats are solid at room temp - think butter, coconut oil, etc. Olive oil is high in monounsaturated fats. As the others have said, best to not cook with it and use it for salad dressings, or dressing vegetables. I prefer cooking with coconut oil because it can tolerate high heat without damaging its structure.
    I didn't asked about cooking ( heating ) the oil, but freezing it ( icecream )

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    We have a winner. Biggest thread bump ever....

Registered User spaceballsrules's Avatar
    spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10) spaceballsrules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As long as you stay under the smokepoint, the oil retains all of its goodness. If you reach the oil's smokepoint, you have burned it and made it unusable anyway. Has it turned into a saturated fat? Who cares! It's burned and tastes like crap!
    If you want an oil with a higher smokepoint, try canola. If you don't want to chance it, then just use a butter spray, and get your fats in elsewhere.
    THE STICKIES
    How To Lose Fat For Noobs http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=129247741
    Calculating Calorie Needs and Macronutrients http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=133163973

waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000) waatsgood is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I didnt even know we had the internet in 2002

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by waatsgood View Post
    I didnt even know we had the internet in 2002
    I didn't even know we had olive oil back in 2002.

Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000) Ashlei is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I didn't asked about cooking ( heating ) the oil, but freezing it ( icecream )
    Still doesn't change the type of fat. It's unsaturated whether you heat it, freeze it, or let it be,

martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50) martial-man420 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Im so glad i didn't live in 2002 by the quality of advice offered in this thread.

FYI I love cooking with EVOO. I'm pretty sure I'm getting too many unsaturated fats atm anyway, so i hope it does turn into saturated lol :P

Originally Posted by Ashlei View Post
    Still doesn't change the type of fat. It's unsaturated whether you heat it, freeze it, or let it be,
    When you heat up your oil, after a certain temp the insaturated fats gets saturated... So i just wanted to know if that also happens when you reverse the process ( freezing ). I don't think heating and freezing leads to the same result, thats why i'm insisting for another answer, but thanks anyways...

When you heat up your oil, after a certain temp the insaturated fats gets saturated... So i just wanted to know if that also happens when you reverse the process ( freezing ). I don't think heating and freezing leads to the same result, thats why i'm insisting for another answer, but thanks anyways...
    Just wondering if you can provide a reputable source that says heating it turns it saturated? For my own intellect.

jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jonnyspaghettio is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just wondering if you can provide a reputable source that says heating it turns it saturated? For my own intellect.
    id be inclined too. never heard this before. i assume frying is the same as boiling?
    Your cage has no bars.

It is written in the first post of this thread, frying = heating at high temp . I already heard from other places also..

unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    is saturated fat bad for you again?
    Paula Deen Crew

I don't feel pain because there is no more weakness left to leave my body

Originally Posted by unc91 View Post
    is saturated fat bad for you again?
    You should have more insaturated fats than saturated ( mono>poli>sat ) .
    But I dont want to know about that man ! Peaple seem to always change the subject in every thread!

You should have more insaturated fats than saturated ( mono>poli>sat )
    What's an "insaturated fat"?