blackSeng has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"Cracking" sound when moving shoulders

Hey guys,

It's been nearly 4 months of gym for me.

Well, I'm having a weird issue... my shoulders have this weird "cracking" sound whenever I move my shoulders now. It's painless.
    In the past (2-3 months ago), I used to feel a severe pain in my shoulder joints while doing benchpress. I remember I took a week off or so. It was ok later, so I continued to do.

Anyway, then I took a 1-week off 2 weeks ago. Then I continued my benchpress exercises. One of my friends told me he heard some "cracking" sound when I raise the barbell. And after a few times of gym, the pain returned and was more worse than before. So I've no choice but to temporarily halt any exercises that has got to do with my shoulder joints.

Right now when I raise my arm and try to move them backwards (like trying to hit someone behind me with my back elbow), I can feel the "cracking" sound. It's painless.

Is this a sign of injury?

TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000) TheHitStick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Idk, I had an injury on my shoulder back in August and my shoulders have been cracking ever since. I only hurt my right shoulder but both of them crack. Not too sure what it's about, but it doesn't bother me and it happened when I stretch them out, do arm circles, ect.

If you're worried, go to the doctor.
    "Giving your best is more important than being the best."

I train as an athlete, not a bodybuilder.

REPS for SUBS.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125690683

Originally Posted by TheHitStick View Post
    Idk, I had an injury on my shoulder back in August and my shoulders have been cracking ever since. I only hurt my right shoulder but both of them crack. Not too sure what it's about, but it doesn't bother me and it happened when I stretch them out, do arm circles, ect.

If you're worried, go to the doctor.
    Thanks, TheHitStick.

slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000)
    You guys have an injury somewhere in your shoulder girdle, in relation to the SITS muscles (supraspinatus, infraspinatus, terris minor, subscapularis). Is the cracking when you are rotating(ie, doing 180 degree rotation with arm in front of you while fully extended) or while abducting/adducting or while elevetating/depressing? Identifying where the crack is during the ROM can you help pinpoint what bone or muscle or ligament is f*cked up.

Originally Posted by slowbus View Post
    You guys have an injury somewhere in your shoulder girdle, in relation to the SITS muscles (supraspinatus, infraspinatus, terris minor, subscapularis). Is the cracking when you are rotating(ie, doing 180 degree rotation with arm in front of you while fully extended) or while abducting/adducting or while elevetating/depressing? Identifying where the crack is during the ROM can you help pinpoint what bone or muscle or ligament is f*cked up.
    Thanks slowbus.
    So should I just "rest" my shoulder (avoiding training that part) and let it heal itself?
    Or do I need to see a doc for that?

I just started taking bananas (2-3 daily), MSM pills, Vitamin pills, and joint aid pills.

kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kungpow108 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Doing some research I found out that it is the cracking of muscles loosening up around your shoulder. They tighten to replace the loose ligaments around your shoulder then crack (which is air) when you're lifting.

I dislocated my shoulder and had surgery on it. It sometimes cracks but now I use animal flex which works wonders.

slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000) slowbus is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kungpow108 View Post
    Doing some research I found out that it is the cracking of muscles loosening up around your shoulder. They tighten to replace the loose ligaments around your shoulder then crack (which is air) when you're lifting.

I dislocated my shoulder and had surgery on it. It sometimes cracks but now I use animal flex which works wonders.
    This isn't always true. It could be a bursa sac(or ligament/tendon acting as a bursa sac) that is f*cked up or some sort of impingement(shoulder/trap area is the most common place for a muscle impingement).

Originally Posted by blackSeng View Post
    Thanks slowbus.
    So should I just "rest" my shoulder (avoiding training that part) and let it heal itself?
    Or do I need to see a doc for that?

I just started taking bananas (2-3 daily), MSM pills, Vitamin pills, and joint aid pills.
    Go see a doctor, but someone who is in sports medicine. Cold compresses(20 mins iced, take off ice for an hour, apply ice again for another 20 mins) through out the day for a couple weeks, than do warm compresses and proper stretching for a couple weeks after that.

If it's bone related, compresses won't help much, but if it has to do with muscles/ligaments/tendons compresses will help a sh*t load.

FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FourtyEight48 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    i use to have the same problem with my shoulders when i bench pressed... i injured my rotator cuff in football though, it healed no pain, so i started lifting couple months after the season was over and i felt pain in my shoulders.

i kept benching though and the pain was getting worse. it came to a point where i just did dumbell presses instead. i went to the hospital and the doctor gave me a shot of ibuprofen in my shoulder and i couldnt lift for a week or so because that medicine makes your shoulder sore. so after the soreness went away my shoulder got better. so i was lifting light. and the pain was still there for a while.

i started doing shoulder workouts and my shoulders are perfectly fine now no problems but it still cracks when my stretch and roll my shoulders.

so my advice is just start working on your shoulders and see what that does if your already not. and go light.

deebo2K has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    my right shoulder cracks whenever i rotate it, my left does not
    however it is painless, but it's really annoying and i dont know if i actually have something wrong with it

i've been taking fish oil capsules and they help with all my other bone cracking/joints besides my right shoulder

Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Cdoggbench225 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol its simple... i have it to, i have noises in my rotators elbow joints and neck....its from doing real heavy.... the joints are very weak and heavy weights dry them up...but in your case about the rotators i think you need to take more time off like 1 month or so... then start off a lot lighter on bench and militarys
    age- 17
    weight- 180lbs.
    height- six foot one
    Lifting for 3 years off and on(injuries)
    but been consistent for a year

*bench= 235*
    *squat= 225 ATG*
    *deadlift= 315*

FoleyFitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

Well, I'm having a weird issue... my shoulders have this weird "cracking" sound whenever I move my shoulders now. It's painless.
    In the past (2-3 months ago), I used to feel a severe pain in my shoulder joints while doing benchpress. I remember I took a week off or so. It was ok later, so I continued to do.

Anyway, then I took a 1-week off 2 weeks ago. Then I continued my benchpress exercises. One of my friends told me he heard some "cracking" sound when I raise the barbell. And after a few times of gym, the pain returned and was more worse than before. So I've no choice but to temporarily halt any exercises that has got to do with my shoulder joints.

Right now when I raise my arm and try to move them backwards (like trying to hit someone behind me with my back elbow), I can feel the "cracking" sound. It's painless.

Hey if its just cracking and no pain you just have stiff joints and they are dry. there is joint boist you can take either pill or liquid keeps your joints nice and lubricated

Registered User DevinJohnAustin's Avatar
    DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Hey guys,

Sounds like tendonitis

Registered User DevinJohnAustin's Avatar
    DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DevinJohnAustin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Cdoggbench225 View Post
    lol its simple... i have it to, i have noises in my rotators elbow joints and neck....its from doing real heavy.... the joints are very weak and heavy weights dry them up...but in your case about the rotators i think you need to take more time off like 1 month or so... then start off a lot lighter on bench and militarys
    That is completely wrong joints arnt that weak your doing something wrong and by rollind your head you will damge your spine and the elbow thing id go see a doctor about joints dont dry out though out exerciae they become more lubricated thats why they say to warm to get the synovial fluid flowing that why some people are stiff in the mornings its cause of the synovial fluid needs warming up or you will over time damagw your joints