JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Pros/Cons of lots of cinnamon?

Probally consuming about 4-5 teaspoons of cinnamon daily, on my oats in my protein shakes. What are some benifits of cinnamon and/or any negatives of too much cinnamon?

Someone told me its a blood thinnner, is that a good or bad thing?

gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gdLife has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    "Some recent studies in Europe have shown that cinnamon derived from the Cassia plant contains a toxic compound known as Coumarin. This compound is known to cause liver and kidney damage in high concentrations. Since the powdered cinnamon that we purchase in our supermarkets is typically derived from the Cassia plant, it is important to avoid consuming high doses of it.

Since cinnamon has an anti-clotting effect on the blood, caution should also be exercised when it is used in combination with other blood-thinning products such as aspirin. Large quantities of cinnamon should also be avoided during pregnancy due to the possibility of adverse effects on the uterus.

Anyone that is currently taking medication for controlling blood sugar levels or blood thinners should consult their doctor before using cinnamon as a regular supplement."

some copy pasta.

TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000) TomEst is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It depends if you want your blood to be thinner or not :-P

I don't think you have to worry about your cinnamon intake unless you're eating over 2 tablespoons a day - and 4-5 teaspons is around 2 tablespoons so you're at your daily limity. Spices can be toxic. i.e. nutmeg in large doses is lethal. If you're using it purely for flavour, I doubt there is much to worry about.

Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000) Zensuji is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I eat loads too

kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kmalz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i just dump it on my oatmeal everyday ...

and i'm gonna keep doing it

i know it helps control blood sugar levels

kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500) kmal is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by kmalz View Post
    i just dump it on my oatmeal everyday ...

and i'm gonna keep doing it

i know it helps control blood sugar levels
    lol your name.

yeah it does help blood sugar. i doubt you can eat enough to hurt you, especially if youre just putting it on your oatmeal. eat up dude, spices are good for you.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used to eat a lot of cinnamon on everything. One day I think I overdid it, putting it on oatmeal, on apple slices, in shakes, etc. I started feeling "shaky" and lightheaded, kind of like a bad niacin flush. I thought I was going to pass out. Not for sure it was the cinnamon but that was the only thing different, so I try to not go overboard with it now.

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Just put it on a tablespoon and take it all down dry like a shot.

Nah but seriously, a dash or two on ur oats or your protein shakes or whatever recipe's, is HAAAAAARDLY enough to take advantage of the positive or the negative effects from the cinnamin.
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use large amounts of cinnamon every day for various things, and I'm still alive
    Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.
    If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse.
    Team Unrefined Tastes FTW

LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiL USMC BBer is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Alluminum View Post
    I use large amounts of cinnamon every day for various things, and I'm still alive
    Bro.. you look like Jay Cutler..
    The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and hear all kinds of talk, get told that you're a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds. ~Henry Rollins

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's like saying i do drugs and i'm still alive. No sh*t, but it has a negative impact on you in the long run. OP, if you're worried just stick to a few teaspoons and you should be ok, if it REALLY worries you, then cut down a bit. Truth is, nobody here can give you an exact answer as that can only be done by scientists who are conducting the tests, and even then, a lot variables can offset the results.
    PROCCOR

Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50) Alluminum will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN View Post
    Bro.. you look like Jay Cutler..
    I AM JAY CUTLER

Originally Posted by Murderfox View Post
    That's like saying i do drugs and i'm still alive. No sh*t, but it has a negative impact on you in the long run. OP, if you're worried just stick to a few teaspoons and you should be ok, if it REALLY worries you, then cut down a bit. Truth is, nobody here can give you an exact answer as that can only be done by scientists who are conducting the tests, and even then, a lot variables can offset the results.
    Well I wasn't being 100% serious. Honestly, I haven't heard anything about negative effects of cinnamon, only a few minor positive effects but I don't take into consideration either of them and just go with it. I put cinnamon in a few things I eat, maybe a few tablespoons every other day or so.

But yeah OP, I don't think it will do much harm and if you are worried use less cinnamon, although you are probably using less than me already.

I just think there are a lot worse things to worry about in our diet then overuse of cinnamon.

Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Murderfox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well I wasn't being 100% serious. Honestly, I haven't heard anything about negative effects of cinnamon, only a few minor positive effects but I don't take into consideration either of them and just go with it. I put cinnamon in a few things I eat, maybe a few tablespoons every other day or so.

But yeah OP, I don't think it will do much harm and if you are worried use less cinnamon, although you are probably using less than me already.

I just think there are a lot worse things to worry about in our diet then overuse of cinnamon.
    Agreed, i use it in mass amounts myself, i was suggesting if OP is so worried, only way to assure himself is to use less since no one can give him a credible answer wether it can/will cause damage.
    PROCCOR

Registered User RealMenDeadLift's Avatar
    RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000) RealMenDeadLift is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ReSpAwN DeMoN View Post
    Just put it on a tablespoon and take it all down dry like a shot.
    Yes....this is the only way to do it!......

*evil grin*
    Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

Will become a Natural Pro UCFBuilder's Avatar
    UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah i use a lot of cinnamon everyday too..id say im at the two table spoon limit a day as well...i found out a couple weeks ago that it could be toxic to the liver...i lowered the intake a bit but still eat a lot

JosefRakichFitness.com JOSEF RAKICH's Avatar
    JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JOSEF RAKICH has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for all the reply repping on re-charge, the main thing i am concerned about is how cinnamon is a blood thinner, im not sure if this is a good or bad thing and what problems result from this?