aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

need advice, bulging disc/pinched nerve

I have a bulging nerve in disk L5-S1, i need some advice.
    the doctors told me that i either can take a epidural shot in my spine, or i can let it heal on its own. I told him i'd just let it heal on its own and he gave me these celecoxib capsules (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pills) . My question is, would it be better just to wait? how long does it take for a disc to heal? What route did you go if you went through a bulging disc?
    Last edited by aluu; 03-22-2010 at 02:28 PM.
    |.....Overnight.........................|||
    |........Japan Parts.....................||'|";,___.
    |_..._...____________======||_|_|..........,]
    "(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)********"(@)
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

COD: black ops
    Steamid: atluu

WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    y don't you ask your doctor those questions?

how long have you had this and was it verified through MRI, X-Ray, or both?
    Last edited by WibbleWabble; 03-22-2010 at 03:41 PM.

FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50) FLbeach321 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a couple bulging discs from sports. A GOOD chiropractor helps a lot. Another thing that helps is an inversion table. i have one and I've seen it work wonders on people. If you research inversion tables, it pretty much does what an advertisement says it does. For real bad cases, you want to find a doctor that practices "spinal aid" You can google spinal aid to find out more about it. Briefly, it creates a vaccum to suck the disc back in where it belongs. An inversion table does it too, just takes longer for acute trauma. Good luck.

aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) aluu is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WibbleWabble View Post
    y don't you ask your doctor those questions?

how long have you had this and was it verified through MRI, X-Ray, or both?
    it was verified through MRI. i just wanna know what path people took, and if they can give me some advice to do's and donts.

Originally Posted by FLbeach321 View Post
    I have a couple bulging discs from sports. A GOOD chiropractor helps a lot. Another thing that helps is an inversion table. i have one and I've seen it work wonders on people. If you research inversion tables, it pretty much does what an advertisement says it does. For real bad cases, you want to find a doctor that practices "spinal aid" You can google spinal aid to find out more about it. Briefly, it creates a vaccum to suck the disc back in where it belongs. An inversion table does it too, just takes longer for acute trauma. Good luck.
    the doctor didnt say anything about a chiropractor. would it be necessary for me to go? i went to the chiropractor before the doctors, which she told me it was a pinched nerve, she only gave me electric therapy.
    Last edited by aluu; 03-22-2010 at 05:35 PM.
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by aluu View Post
    it was verified through MRI. i just wanna know what path people took, and if they can give me some advice to do's and donts.

the doctor didnt say anything about a chiropractor. would it be necessary for me to go? i went to the chiropractor before the doctors, which she told me it was a pinched nerve, she only gave me electric therapy.
    What symptoms did u have when u injured it?
    No Pain No Gain
    When all else fails.....Eat MORE!!!!

-I Rep Back-

12/10/2008- 181lbs
    3/15/2009- 204lbs
    6/29/2009- 227lbs
    10/2/2009- 246lbs
    1/7/2010- 262lbs

Goal... 285lbs by 06/2010

Originally Posted by orosuctus View Post
    What symptoms did u have when u injured it?
    pain radiating down my leg and pain on my lower back.
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10) orosuctus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    pain radiating down my leg and pain on my lower back.
    any numbness? Same prblm here my back is sore and my knee hurts and is numb. I went to the docs today.
    No Pain No Gain

-I Rep Back-

12/10/2008- 181lbs
    3/15/2009- 204lbs
    6/29/2009- 227lbs
    10/2/2009- 246lbs
    1/7/2010- 262lbs

any numbness? Same prblm here my back is sore and my knee hurts and is numb. I went to the docs today.
    nothing wrong with my knee, except it just clinks now and then. its most likely a budging in a disc.
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

nothing wrong with my knee, except it just clinks now and then. its most likely a budging in a disc.
    good luck with that. Make sure ice ice and more ice. And hot water to relax the muscles.
    No Pain No Gain

-I Rep Back-

12/10/2008- 181lbs
    3/15/2009- 204lbs
    6/29/2009- 227lbs
    10/2/2009- 246lbs
    1/7/2010- 262lbs

good luck with that. Make sure ice ice and more ice. And hot water to relax the muscles.
    thanks, my doctor didnt tell me to do any extra for my back. all he told me was to take the pills and rest. guess my doctor was **** :/ though the chiropractor gave me this ice/hot pak ill use that.

what do you recomend?
    10 on 10 off ICE
    then 10 minutes larer
    10 on 10 off HOT
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

thanks, my doctor didnt tell me to do any extra for my back. all he told me was to take the pills and rest. guess my doctor was **** :/ though the chiropractor gave me this ice/hot pak ill use that.

what do you recomend?
    10 on 10 off ICE
    then 10 minutes larer
    10 on 10 off HOT
    i would do 30 cold and 15 hot. Were u prescribed a non-steroidal anti inflammatory?
    No Pain No Gain

-I Rep Back-

12/10/2008- 181lbs
    3/15/2009- 204lbs
    6/29/2009- 227lbs
    10/2/2009- 246lbs
    1/7/2010- 262lbs

i would do 30 cold and 15 hot. Were u prescribed a non-steroidal anti inflammatory?

thanks for the tip. The doctor gave me celecoxib capsules, which is a non-steroidal anti inflammatory. Can you explain to me what this does? Will this help heal the bulge of my disc?
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50) WibbleWabble will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ anti-inflammatory is for the nerve. the bulge in the disc creates inflammation on the nerve. by taking that inflammation on the nerve out, it gets less pressure which equals less pain.

^ anti-inflammatory is for the nerve. the bulge in the disc creates inflammation on the nerve. by taking that inflammation on the nerve out, it gets less pressure which equals less pain.
    thanks, so the pills doesnt actually help heal the disc?
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

^ no, the only thing that helps heal the disc is TIME, a lot of it. and there is no guarantee that it'll heal either. each case is different. you should give it at least a year of trying different things before you resort to surgery. if your symptoms are really bad then you should do surgery quicker. me personally, i injured mine 2 months ago, and it is just now starting to get better. nowhere near 100% tho. i am doing lots of ab and back work, stretching and making sure i keep good posture all day long and try to walk as much as possible. sitting down is really bad for it. also, avoid squats, deads, and any other exercise that will compress the disc.
    Last edited by WibbleWabble; 03-23-2010 at 10:20 AM.

^ no, the only thing that helps heal the disc is TIME, a lot of it. and there is no guarantee that it'll heal either. each case is different. you should give it at least a year of trying different things before you resort to surgery. if your symptoms are really bad then you should do surgery quicker. me personally, i injured mine 2 months ago, and it is just now starting to get better. nowhere near 100% tho. i am doing lots of ab and back work, stretching and making sure i keep good posture all day long and try to walk as much as possible. sitting down is really bad for it. also, avoid squats, deads, and any other exercise that will compress the disc.
    did your doctor recommend that you dont work out? im actually getting better SLOWLY but im not sure if i can workout. i really want to though, but i dont wanna hurt myself more. i was planning to do really low weight UPPER BODY exercises only.
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250) obesebeast has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    epidural steroid injections....work like a charm for me, inflammation sucks, as does time off from lifting
    Eat Clean Snatch & Jerk

did your doctor recommend that you dont work out? im actually getting better SLOWLY but im not sure if i can workout. i really want to though, but i dont wanna hurt myself more. i was planning to do really low weight UPPER BODY exercises only.
    my doctor said to workout as much as i want as long as i don't cause pain. basically, use pain as a guide. if something hurts or you can feel it making it worse- don't do it. i am still training upper body and doing elliptical for cardio. i am doing mostly machines because it hurts for me to pick up plates and mount them up and also to do standing exercises with barbells or dumbells, so i'm doing everything seated and with stacks that i can just select the weight i don't have to carry plates around.

doing lots of pullups and captains chair stuff as well since those decompress the discs.
    Last edited by WibbleWabble; 03-23-2010 at 10:48 AM.

my doctor said to workout as much as i want as long as i don't cause pain. basically, use pain as a guide. if something hurts or you can feel it making it worse- don't do it. i am still training upper body and doing elliptical for cardio. i am doing mostly machines because it hurts for me to pick up plates and mount them up and also to do standing exercises with barbells or dumbells, so i'm doing everything seated and with stacks that i can just select the weight i don't have to carry plates around.
    are you doing any exercises that have you lifting the weight parallel to your body? EX: DB or BB shoulder presses?

should i try to stay away from these types of exercises? what type of routine are you doing? i was doing a 5 day routine before my injury.

week 1
    m- back/bi
    t- chest/tris
    w- shoulders/legs (cant do legs for now)
    f- back/bi

week 2
    m - chest/tris
    t- back/bis
    w- shoulders/legs
    f- chest/tris

should i reduce workout days to increase rest for my back?
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

are you doing any exercises that have you lifting the weight parallel to your body? EX: DB or BB shoulder presses?

should i try to stay away from these types of exercises? what type of routine are you doing? i was doing a 5 day routine before my injury.

week 1
    m- back/bi
    t- chest/tris
    w- shoulders/legs (cant do legs for now)
    f- back/bi

week 2
    m - chest/tris
    t- back/bis
    w- shoulders/legs
    f- chest/tris

should i reduce workout days to increase rest for my back?
    meh, my routine is pretty laxed. i mainly focus on cardio because i want to keep the blood flowing, getting nutrients to the disc. also, helps keep my legs loose.

i basically just do a three-day split

monday - back, abs, bi's
    wednesday - chest, shoulders, tris
    friday - back, abs
    sunday- long hike ( 2hrs.) in the mountains, lots of steep step-ups to blast my legs

i do elliptical for 30 mins after each weightlifting session. i can't run because the impact hurts my back. i could use the stationary bike, but i prefer the elliptical because it's more comfortable for me to stand than to sit.

as far as shoulder presses, yes i do them on the hammer strength shoulder press machine. sitting down and with my back straight it doesn't hurt.

oh, and i also walk my dog a lot.
    Last edited by WibbleWabble; 03-23-2010 at 11:01 AM.

meh, my routine is pretty laxed. i mainly focus on cardio because i want to keep the blood flowing, getting nutrients to the disc. also, helps keep my legs loose.

i basically just do a three-day split

monday - back, abs, bi's
    wednesday - chest, shoulders, tris
    friday - back, abs
    sunday- long hike ( 2hrs.) in the mountains, lots of steep step-ups to blast my legs

i do elliptical for 30 mins after each weightlifting session. i can't run because the impact hurts my back. i could use the stationary bike, but i prefer the elliptical because it's more comfortable for me to stand than to sit.

as far as shoulder presses, yes i do them on the hammer strength shoulder press machine. sitting down and with my back straight it doesn't hurt.

oh, and i also walk my dog a lot.
    well, i cant run because pain shoots down my leg if my it extends more than like 40 degrees from standing straight up. so im kinda skeptical about working out. maybe i should take it slower and wait til the pain is gone. last week i was on crutches cause i couldnt walk on my right leg because pain would shoot from my glutes to my calves. i just got off monday and im feeling a little better each day. ive been off crutches for 2 days.
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

^ ok, well i think your symptoms are far worse than mine, so in your case you should probably just rest like your doctor said. however, walking as much as you can i think is still suggested.

for me, the pain i have is in my glute and back. my glute is just very tight, and sometimes i forget to relax and my whole leg tenses up. however, i am not limping or using crutches. i don't get any pains past my knee or even past my glute really, just tightness in my quad, hamstring, calve on my left side. i think the tightness is from me forgetting to relax, especially when i'm driving i get really tense because bumps hurt my back.
    Last edited by WibbleWabble; 03-23-2010 at 01:08 PM.

^ ok, well i think your symptoms are far worse than mine, so in your case you should probably just rest like your doctor said. however, walking as much as you can i think is still suggested.

for me, the pain i have is in my glute and back. my glute is just very tight, and sometimes i forget to relax and my whole leg tenses up. however, i am not limping or using crutches. i don't get any pains past my knee or even past my glute really, just tightness in my quad, hamstring, calve on my left side. i think the tightness is from me forgetting to relax, especially when i'm driving i get really tense because bumps hurt my back.
    i had your symptoms before it really got worse. the doctor thought it was a pulled hamstring, but it was actually an erupted disc
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.

^ y did it get worse? you kept pushing it? how long did it take to get worse? i've had this for two months and it's gotten nothing but better. but like you say VERY SLOWLY.

Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Stoops3 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a bulging nerve in disk L5-S1, i need some advice.
    the doctors told me that i either can take a epidural shot in my spine, or i can let it heal on its own. I told him i'd just let it heal on its own and he gave me these celecoxib capsules (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pills) . My question is, would it be better just to wait? how long does it take for a disc to heal? What route did you go if you went through a bulging disc?
    Be very careful with that!!! You do not want it to get worse and rupture. I had one rupture, I had and L5-S1 fusion at the age of 19. It depends from person to person on how long its going to take to heal on its own but usually if its going to get better it will by 12 weeks. The epidurals might help you and might not, however its just temporary relief, but will also help to reduce the swelling. I had them, but for diagnostic purposes only since mine was ruptured. As a last resort, if it wont heal on its own or the injections don't work, they can go in and do a microdiscectomy spine surgery in which they cut the bulging part of the disc off and then cauterize it so the fluid does not leak out.

Chiropractic care is an option as well. Make sure your chiropractor knows that its a bulging disc.

Good luck, and be very careful with your back right now!!

Originally Posted by Stoops3 View Post
    Be very careful with that!!! You do not want it to get worse and rupture. I had one rupture, I had and L5-S1 fusion at the age of 19. It depends from person to person on how long its going to take to heal on its own but usually if its going to get better it will by 12 weeks. The epidurals might help you and might not, however its just temporary relief, but will also help to reduce the swelling. I had them, but for diagnostic purposes only since mine was ruptured. As a last resort, if it wont heal on its own or the injections don't work, they can go in and do a microdiscectomy spine surgery in which they cut the bulging part of the disc off and then cauterize it so the fluid does not leak out.

Chiropractic care is an option as well. Make sure your chiropractor knows that its a bulging disc.

Good luck, and be very careful with your back right now!!
    thank you, its getting better slowly day by day, im just anxious to get back in the gym.
    its been a month since i stopped working out, it really sucks :/

^ y did it get worse? you kept pushing it? how long did it take to get worse? i've had this for two months and it's gotten nothing but better. but like you say VERY SLOWLY.

actually it was the first week i stayed home from the gym. It wasnt hurting bad at all, just felt like a pulled hamstring, until friday of the same week it suddenly felt worse. im not sure why. the same day i went to a chiropractor and i got electric therapy
    Last edited by aluu; 03-23-2010 at 07:29 PM.
    Misc Car Crew
    Team Manlet crew

I rape back.