ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ingeberger has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Post ON Gold Standard vs. GNC Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60

Hi All,

I have recently been looking into getting a premium whey protein supplement to aid me with gains and recovery after my workouts. I went to gnc the other day(hate all you want, I get 30% discount...) looking to buy a 5lb tub of ON's Gold standard and the rep there tried to sell me on their Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60, saying it's the best stuff they sell in the store. They claim it has the most bcaas per serving and is the best hydrowhey you can get on the market. Well, I decided to do a little research before making any rash (and stupid) decisions to figure out which was truly the best bang for your bug. The first MAJOR difference I found between the two supplements is the serving size. Wheybolic is 79g (scoops) per serving and Gold Standard is 29g (1 scoop) per serving. Well, as you can all see, the Wheybolic can claim to have more of anything it f'ing wants per serving because its serving size is bigger. So, what I decided to do is break down each of the acclaimed recovery and muscle building components into Per Gram amounts (grams of protein/grams of product, grams of Leucine/gram, etc...) Here are the results:

GNC’s Wheybolic_________________________________ON’s Gold Standard

Calories: 3.5 cal/grams_________________________Calories: 4.13 cal/gram
    Fat: .012/gram__________________________________Fat: .034/gram
    Protein: .76/gram_______________________________Protein: .83/gram (83% protein) WINNING
    Arginine: 45.8 mg/gram__________________________Arginine: 17.4 mg/gram
    Alanine: 36.6 mg/gram___________________________Alanine: 40.7 mg/gram WINNING
    Aspartate: 82.3 mg/gram
    ________________________________________________As partic Acid: 86.5 mg/gram
    Cystine: 18.6 mg/gram WINNING___________________Cystine: 17 mg/gram
    Glutamine: 130.7 mg/gram________________________Glutamine: 140.8 mg/gram WINNING
    Glycine: 11.8 mg/gram___________________________Glycine: 14.2 mg/gram WINNING
    Histidine: 14.5 mg/gram
    Isoleucine: 49.8 mg/gram________________________Isoleucine: 54.2 mg/gram WINNING
    Leucine: 98.3 mg/gram WINNING___________________Leucine: 87.3 mg/gram
    Lysine: 61 mg/gram______________________________Lysine: 77 mg/gram WINNING
    Methionine: 15.2 mg/gram________________________Methionine: 17 mg/gram WINNING
    Phenylalanine: 21.4 mg/gram_____________________Phenylalanine: 25.8 mg/gram WINNING
    Proline: 53.7 mg/gram___________________________Proline: 62.9 mg/gram WINNING
    Serine: 36.5 mg/gram____________________________Serine: 38.8 mg/gram WINNING
    Threonine: 55.2 mg/gram_________________________Threonine: 57 mg/gram WINNING
    Tryptophan: 13.2 mg/gram________________________Tryptophan: 13.9 mg/gram WINNING
    Tyrosine: 22 mg/gram____________________________Tyrosine: 24.2 mg/gram WINNING
    Valine: 43.6 mg/gram____________________________Valine: 49 mg/gram WINNING
    L-Carnitine: 6.3 mg/gram

So, as you all can see, on a per gram basis, Gold Standard BLOWS Wheybolic out of the water. Some may claim that the the isolate and hydrowhey mix in Wheybolic is better than the isolate, concentrate, and hydrowhey mix in Gold Standard. Since Gold Standard is 83% protein and Wheybolic is 76%, I'll take the added concentrate to my isolate, hydrowhey mix. The last comparison is price. If you don't have the gnc gold card (or access to 30% off like I do), there's no reason to even consider Wheybolic. Right now, here is how much it would cost me at gnc with my discount and buy one get one 50% off:

Wheybolic________________________________________G old Standard

$69.29 for two 3 lb tubs_________________________$68.99 for two 5 lb tubs

SO_______________________________________________S O

$11.55/lb._______________________________________$6.89/lb WINNING!!!

Lemme know if this helped out guys, this is my first REAL post that contributes to this site so all the replies help.
    Last edited by ingeberger; 07-30-2011 at 09:54 AM.

ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Too long, didn't read. This shouldn't even be a question! ON hands down over that GNC crap

Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Thadleon has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Myofusion**
    “No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
    -Socrates

Follow my animal rage log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136829743

ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ofmiceandmen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Thadleon View Post
    Myofusion**
    Myofusion thread is thattaway

Originally Posted by Scho77 View Post
    You do know GNC makes ON, right?
    I believe it's the other way around. ON makes GNC products.

Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Scho77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ofmiceandmen View Post
    I believe it's the other way around. ON makes GNC products.
    I will look into that, I remember it being the other way around.

EDIT: I think you are right, ON makes GNC products.
    I REP BACK, just saying.

pitann4mycity has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you get the wheybolic 60 on a buy one get one half off plus the gold card discount its a steal 2 tubs for around $85. and it is one of the best proteins on the market. mix the fruit punch flavor with organic grape juice and rivalus encharge creatine and your strength and size will shoot through the roof!

leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) leisure1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    none of the above

healthnbizz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I taken both before.

Great post. Thanks for the break down of both products. Its well appreciated.