artiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

One carb meal a week vs whole carb refeed day.

Hi!

So, some people (CT, Poliquin) recommend only one carb-meal per week (100-200g of carbs), while supplementing with Glycine/Glutamine/BCAA after exercise and others (Pasquale, McDonald) recommend 24-48 hours of eating carbs (10-15g per lb).

Who tried both methods?

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by artiko View Post
    Hi!

So, some people (CT, Poliquin) recommend only one carb-meal per week (100-200g of carbs), while supplementing with Glycine/Glutamine/BCAA after exercise and others (Pasquale, McDonald) recommend 24-48 hours of eating carbs (10-15g per lb).

Who tried both methods?
    CT and Poliquin use bodyfat to determine frequency/duration of carb-ups. The leaner you are, the more often/longer you get to re-feed.

I personally like a single meal more frequently, like Poliquin recommends, as opposed to an entire weekend.

jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000) jked4life is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Fidelitas626 View Post
    CT and Poliquin use bodyfat to determine frequency/duration of carb-ups. The leaner you are, the more often/longer you get to re-feed.

I personally like a single meal more frequently, like Poliquin recommends, as opposed to an entire weekend.
    I'd agree.

I like to let myself have a free meal more frequently. At least psychologically, it seems better.

It never makes sense to me to go no carb for 2 weeks, then force feed yourself (even clean) carbs for 36 straight hours. It just never made a whole lot of sense to me.

I'm with you on that one.

artiko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So, you guys would have a cheat-meal once in 5-6 days?

Once more thing: should i assume, that if one uses Glutamine and Glycine post-workout, i don't need refeeds in terms of glycogen replenishment, but rather psychologically?
    Last edited by artiko; 06-28-2008 at 10:11 AM.

BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BlueFenix13S is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by artiko View Post
    So, you guys would have a cheat-meal once in 5-6 days?

Once more thing: should i assume, that if one uses Glutamine and Glycine post-workout, i don't need refeeds in terms of glycogen replenishment, but rather psychologically?
    Every 5-7 depending on how I feel, or if there is a party or family event, etc.

I did 3 weeks straight keto first though.

ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ferak is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I did 48 hrs last week I think and the only problem I had with it was getting back into keto. I ate mostly dirty carbs and I ate a TON but I managed to come back with the same weight when I got back into keto the other day and im down another pound now actually. Im guessing the fact that im between 9-11% bf is why I didnt negatively effect me but I won't do one that long again just because it took like 4 days to get back into ketosis.

lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50) lbendall will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Fidelitas626 View Post
    Every 5-7 depending on how I feel, or if there is a party or family event, etc.
    pretty much my way too , and its just whatever i want as the last meal of the day