xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) xagent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squatting, deadlifting, power cleaning after meniscus knee surgery... how long?

I had meniscus surgery to repair a flipped bucket handle tear in my knee back in late April. I was on crutches for 6 weeks and am now 7 weeks post-op.

Surprisingly, my knee already feels pretty strong and I'm able to climb stairs no problem and even do air squats and one-legged air squat to just above parallel, on my bum knee which was inactive for 6 weeks.

Is it more an issue of allowing the stitched cartilage tissue to still continue healing? Or is that done with now, and it's just a matter of regaining lost muscle to support the knee and prevent any new future injuries?

If anyone else has had meniscus surgery (keyword repair, not removed), how long did you wait before lifting heavy or doing explosive lifts? I do realize I'll have to wait longer to do cleans and snatches, than squats. And I can probably start on deadlifts first.

FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FortifiedIron is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xagent View Post
    I had meniscus surgery to repair a flipped bucket handle tear in my knee back in late April. I was on crutches for 6 weeks and am now 7 weeks post-op.

Surprisingly, my knee already feels pretty strong and I'm able to climb stairs no problem and even do air squats and one-legged air squat to just above parallel, on my bum knee which was inactive for 6 weeks.

Is it more an issue of allowing the stitched cartilage tissue to still continue healing? Or is that done with now, and it's just a matter of regaining lost muscle to support the knee and prevent any new future injuries?

If anyone else has had meniscus surgery (keyword repair, not removed), how long did you wait before lifting heavy or doing explosive lifts? I do realize I'll have to wait longer to do cleans and snatches, than squats. And I can probably start on deadlifts first.
    What did they say time frame for full recovery was going to be around?

Given your time frame I would say you should be more then ok to start doing rehab work on the knee. However I would not start any form of heavy lifting till after you done a complete rehabiliation program and are cleared. If you rush this, it will only make things worse.

Kyle
    Fortified-iron.com/forum

Kyle@fortified-iron.com

http://fortified-iron.com/board/entry.php?2-FortifiedIron-Wave-Progress-For-Strength-Training

Per Ferrum, Ad Astra- Mel Siff

zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) zkyte13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's a question you need to ask your doctor or surgeon, don't ask an online forum because if you lift too early you could do serious damage. Give them a call in the morning and find out