friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Over-eating on keto, some insight?

Hey guys,

Last night my family made some burgers. perfect. Anyways I had 8oz 80/20 burger, not knowing that there was 35g fat a lone in that meal, and I topped it off with some swiss cheese, tbsp blue cheese and then a side salad with caesar dressing.

After fit daying it I found out I just consumed basically 60g of fat and 40-50g protein.

About 3 hours later, I got a headache and felt like complete crap (only third time so far while ketoing I have felt bad) and got really hungry, yet I was at my intake goals for the day, so just had a small handful of almonds. Anyways, I woke up this morning and didn't feel as "hard" as I have been feeling on this diet. Usually I wake up and feel really hungry, hard, and just think I look so much better in the mirror vs. my old carb laden diet. ANYWAYS, I was a LITTLE bloated (vs having all water depleted outa my system). Did last night's meal like kick me outa keto or?

I know you guys say that calories in = calories out = weight maintenance, but some also say that it's really hard to gain weight on keto even when you eat caloric excess caus your body does pee out ketones. Anyways...should I just not worry about last night's evident 1200 calorie dinner or pure fat haha and just follow on with regular maintenance today despite my abs being a little fuzzier than usual?

Thanks guys

*Edit
    I AM bulking on CKD diet, however, not at the moment because during Christmas break, I am not able to go to the gym because I have no gym memberships here. So basically I am just maintaining for now.

Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vanusk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by friedrice683 View Post
    Hey guys,

Last night my family made some burgers. perfect. Anyways I had 8oz 80/20 burger, not knowing that there was 35g fat a lone in that meal, and I topped it off with some swiss cheese, tbsp blue cheese and then a side salad with caesar dressing.

After fit daying it I found out I just consumed basically 60g of fat and 40-50g protein.

About 3 hours later, I got a headache and felt like complete crap (only third time so far while ketoing I have felt bad) and got really hungry, yet I was at my intake goals for the day, so just had a small handful of almonds. Anyways, I woke up this morning and didn't feel as "hard" as I have been feeling on this diet. Usually I wake up and feel really hungry, hard, and just think I look so much better in the mirror vs. my old carb laden diet. ANYWAYS, I was a LITTLE bloated (vs having all water depleted outa my system). Did last night's meal like kick me outa keto or?

I know you guys say that calories in = calories out = weight maintenance, but some also say that it's really hard to gain weight on keto even when you eat caloric excess caus your body does pee out ketones. Anyways...should I just not worry about last night's evident 1200 calorie dinner or pure fat haha and just follow on with regular maintenance today despite my abs being a little fuzzier than usual?

Thanks guys

*Edit
    I AM bulking on CKD diet, however, not at the moment because during Christmas break, I am not able to go to the gym because I have no gym memberships here. So basically I am just maintaining for now.
    See no reason why that would kick you out of ketosis.

So 9cals X 60g fat = 540 fat cals 77%ish of the meal was from fat
    and 4 cals X 40g protein= 160 protein cals. 23% was from protein

Looks like a pretty dayum good keto meal to me. Again no reason why that would kick you out of ketos, it may be more then what you had planned for daily calories but its good to throw in a random day like this every once in awhile.

The G-Spot Tornado AchillesEvent's Avatar
    AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AchillesEvent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I find that even when I eat a big meal, I'm only full for a few minutes. I just don't feel bloated with the keto meals I eat. I'm also diggin the easy sleep. Definitely a plus.
    Sedit qui timuit ne non succederet. Audentes fortuna iuvat

"He who feared he would not succeed, sat still. Fortune favors the bold."

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Cut out dairy for a week and see if that helps. Dairy doesn't digest as efficiently for many people. (use the fat leftover from chicken thighs to cook your eggs in).
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    ******** TRAP BAR BOARD REP*******
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV

---*No Hymen No Diamond Crew*---

MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyLastSerenade has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No worries man, believe it or not, you can go over you caloric requirement on Keto.
    I would rather die than live my life in fear.- KSE

Don't Panic and always carry a towel.

friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) friedrice683 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Some say that and then some say if you eat more than you burn, than you gain weight

However, some others post how they eat roughly 3000-4000k in calories a day when they are definately not burning that much, yet maintaining.

I just ask because on this diet for the most part I am really full but other times I still get really hungry...yet I will have reached my macro goals but still want more.

Any insight? Sometimes I feel like I undereat and other times i don't. Currently I am not doing any exercise (can't since I am home for Christmas break and there's 2 feet of snow on ground so no running) so have no idea if I should eat only 2000 calories a day or hike it up towards 2500...yet I do no exercise.

rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000) rotlex is just really nice. (+1000)
    In my own experience, calories in DOES NOT equal calories out when eating low carb\keto. Example. I can easily maintain at 3500 cals when eating a high fat diet. (Which is 99% of the time). If I eat that many cals on a low fat\high carb diet? I'll gain 5 pounds a week. Seriously.

While there are a lot of good books out there, I have, as well as a few others I know, recently purchased and read "Good Calories Bad Calories" by Gary Taubes. This is perhaps one of the best recent reads I have done on why keto diet\lifestyles work, goes into everything, including why calories don't matter if you eat right. Great book if you have not read it, and something I am GLAD to see come out and get so much press. Kind of funny though, as it pretty much reads like a Dr. Atkins original book from 72. Same ideas, principles concepts, but for some reason, the media seem to not think Taubes is nuts.
    Steve

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Body like a stone, mind like a meatloaf.
    - Eric Cartman

BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by RU4A69 View Post
    Cut out dairy for a week and see if that helps. Dairy doesn't digest as efficiently for many people. (use the fat leftover from chicken thighs to cook your eggs in).
    errrrrrrrrrrrr calcium deficiency on the menu?
    "Just do the diet, lift hard and take pictures of yourself naked. As long as the scale is going down, your lifts are going up and your pix look good, ignore everything else." - Eileen

My pet hate? Half measures.....there's no kill like an overkill!!
    Self Discipline is telling that little voice in your head to shut the f$%k up.

sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sniper_01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    on keto for the last 2 weeks ive been consuming in excess of 3000 calories but have maitained my weight. on a high carb, high protein diet i went from 70kgs to 80kgs in a couple of months eating this many calories

floyded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are going to cut out dairy, a calcium deficiency is a very important thing to consider. I would recommend getting it from nutrient rich fibrous vegetables. According to whfoods.com, spinach is an excellent source of calcium. It has 244.80 mg per boiled cup, which is 24.48% of the recommended daily value (which I assume many people would completely disregard here on the keto forum, yay for copious amounts of fat!) Brocolli is also a decent source, with around 70 mg per boiled cup. And then there is cheese, wherein you can cut down on dairy with hard cheeses (if I'm not mistaken?). This is where I get my calcium on keto.

RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000) RU4A69 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BeejGrpA View Post
    errrrrrrrrrrrr calcium deficiency on the menu?
    Brocolli +

Calcium is not oxidized on a low carb diet +

Eat the soft ends of chicken drumstick bones+

weightlifting GREATLY enhances not only your retention of calcium, but will prevent the LOSS of calcium from yer bones

BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000) BeejGrpA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Brocolli +

Calcium is not oxidized on a low carb diet +

Eat the soft ends of chicken drumstick bones+

weightlifting GREATLY enhances not only your retention of calcium, but will prevent the LOSS of calcium from yer bones
    ok so how much do u think one would need in a day then. my biggest fear is not enough calcium. a little cream and a bit of cheese?

i think theres also some calcium in my weigh, its made from dairy :S
    "Just do the diet, lift hard and take pictures of yourself naked. As long as the scale is going down, your lifts are going up and your pix look good, ignore everything else." - Eileen

Originally Posted by BeejGrpA View Post
    ok so how much do u think one would need in a day then. my biggest fear is not enough calcium. a little cream and a bit of cheese?

i think theres also some calcium in my weigh, its made from dairy :S
    I have no clue I never worry about it. I worry about adding weight or doing ONE rep more on each exercise I do with the same weight: that's all I worry about.

floyded has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have no idea what optimal amounts of calcium are but just try and get a decent amount of it. Eat your cheese, and your vegetables, and reassess your progress, and your body in a week or a month. Perhaps you can make better decisions then. Billions of people in the world are eating poorly by keto standards so in that respect you are far ahead of the game, so just worry about sweating like a pig in the gym so you can eat like a pig in the kitchen (the irony, I've realized as I type is that pigs don't sweat, and appetites on keto are far from pig-like.. you know what I mean though)

I have no clue I never worry about it. I worry about adding weight or doing ONE rep more on each exercise I do with the same weight: that's all I worry about.
    u'll worry wen ur arm breaks!!