Page 29 of 183 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 79 129 ... LastLast
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by |ceman View Post
    Weren't you out of high school already in 1994?
    I did this thing called "Go to college"

But actually I think the last time I got less than an A on a test would be something like October of 1993...

I was getting my ass kicked in Physics my senior year and then my Lab Partner got a crush on a girl that he absolutely had to make his girlfriend one day...

And so we made a deal... He'd tutor me (And often leave his paper poorly covered within copying range) if I tutored him in the Charismatic Arts of bagging women...

Things probably worked out better for me on that deal than him... Considering that he didn't get the girl but I smoked my way through class with my feet up on a stool.

Afterwards he became a catholic priest... So I'm not sure if that means he was "Called" or if my dating tips just drove him there!

6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As much as it pains me to say it, but Ruger is the be all, end all in the .22lr in my world. Suppressed the 77/22 is unbeatable for accuracy and silence especially if Doc Dater worked his accurizing and sound suppressing magic on it.

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    LOL Noa, you're screwed brother. You'll have a closet full of seafoam shirts in no time.

Dang Jimmy, some good flatheads, blues, and monster striper in them pics.
    Thanks man. This weather is driving me crazy. Its been one front after another which means high winds and the fish get lock jaw. lm sick of lookin at my Tv.....rather be lookin at my Humminbird .

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by JimmyJonny View Post
    Thanks man. This weather is driving me crazy. Its been one front after another which means high winds and the fish get lock jaw. lm sick of lookin at my Tv.....rather be lookin at my Humminbird .
    Years ago I had a summer season like that... Every fishing or camping trip I took, had a storm as I was en route, or on day 1 of the trip.

One trick that I learned was that the first place that the lock jaw comes off is on the windward side of islands... Especially if that windward side had some kind of southern exposure.

The reasoning I figured on, aside from the obvious logic that it's been protected from the cold driving winds... The other piece of logic is that all of the main shoreline adjacent spots have run off, whether it's streams, or just running through the rocks to drain out. But an Island drains out and thus the water around it starts to warm up faster.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they're always biting on the windward side of an island. But when the Lockjaw starts coming off, that seems to be the earliest location where they start turning back on again.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    As much as it pains me to say it, but Ruger is the be all, end all in the .22lr in my world. Suppressed the 77/22 is unbeatable for accuracy and silence especially if Doc Dater worked his accurizing and sound suppressing magic on it.
    So far I'm pretty good inside of 50 feet shooting at little red cups... Beyond 50 feet I need more practice for sure.

I did kill the hell out of a bird house though!

That's a fun little gun
    6'4"

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where do you fish?
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

A step backwards is better than a setback.

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

There's a gut pile behind every hamburger
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So I'm starting on a new culinary adventure......bread making.......
    The hardest part of a zombie apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited.

in omnia paratus

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    Years ago I had a summer season like that... Every fishing or camping trip I took, had a storm as I was en route, or on day 1 of the trip.

One trick that I learned was that the first place that the lock jaw comes off is on the windward side of islands... Especially if that windward side had some kind of southern exposure.

The reasoning I figured on, aside from the obvious logic that it's been protected from the cold driving winds... The other piece of logic is that all of the main shoreline adjacent spots have run off, whether it's streams, or just running through the rocks to drain out. But an Island drains out and thus the water around it starts to warm up faster.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they're always biting on the windward side of an island. But when the Lockjaw starts coming off, that seems to be the earliest location where they start turning back on again.
    It's typically the day after good wind that the fish will relate to wind-blown points. All of the zoo plankton gets blown over there. The baitfish follow because they're hungry and the bigger fish follow because they're more hungry.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well I had a shot on public land, hiking through the freaking canyons in West Texas at Lake Amistad. 30 yard shot on a nice tall 8 point and he ducked my arrow. I'll tell you what, that deer has some lightning fast reaction time.

Originally Posted by Hartski View Post
    I've been making my own bread for years. Just chowed down an entire loaf of Integrale yesterday.

Bread making is one of those things that is very simple in regards to ingredients, but procedure makes a big difference.

A couple of things to keep in mind...

When you first bring the ingredients together, leave the salt out. After the yeast blooms to an angry froth, mix everything but the salt together... Once it comes together so that it's thoroughly combined. Let it sit for 5 minutes to let the flour hydrate.

Then turn it out to knead... Sprinkle a little salt on half of it... Fold... Press together and knead... Sprinkle a little salt on half... Fold and press together...Rinse and repeat until the measured amount of salt is gone. Then knead to the "Window Test" or until it makes a ball without striations.

If you add the salt right at the stir you'll still get a fine enough bread, but the salt interupts the role of hydration in gluten formation early on... And Gluten is the structure that holds the bread together when the yeast rises... So you'll actually get 10-20% more rise by kneading the salt in, rather than mixing the salt in.

When it comes time for baking remember steam is your friend.

When I'm baking in any kind of loaf pan... Whether it's standard loaf, italian loaf of baguette... I put a sheet pan with some water under it during the bake... Which then steams nicely while it bakes... And the steam will give you a browner crispier crust.
    6'4"

I've been making my own bread for years. Just chowed down an entire loaf of Integrale yesterday.

Bread making is one of those things that is very simple in regards to ingredients, but procedure makes a big difference.

A couple of things to keep in mind...

When you first bring the ingredients together, leave the salt out. After the yeast blooms to an angry froth, mix everything but the salt together... Once it comes together so that it's thoroughly combined. Let it sit for 5 minutes to let the flour hydrate.

Then turn it out to knead... Sprinkle a little salt on half of it... Fold... Press together and knead... Sprinkle a little salt on half... Fold and press together...Rinse and repeat until the measured amount of salt is gone. Then knead to the "Window Test" or until it makes a ball without striations.

If you add the salt right at the stir you'll still get a fine enough bread, but the salt interupts the role of hydration in gluten formation early on... And Gluten is the structure that holds the bread together when the yeast rises... So you'll actually get 10-20% more rise by kneading the salt in, rather than mixing the salt in.

When it comes time for baking remember steam is your friend.

When I'm baking in any kind of loaf pan... Whether it's standard loaf, italian loaf of baguette... I put a sheet pan with some water under it during the bake... Which then steams nicely while it bakes... And the steam will give you a browner crispier crust.
    6'4"

WTF?

So in the winter time the upper midwest and Alaska tend to share the same relationship with the Arctic Jet Stream.

Usually what the weather is in Anchorage Alaska is what moves across the continent to us in 7-10 days. Right now it's friggin' 41 degrees in Ankorage!

It's not always the case that it works that way, it's just a rule of thumb... So lets see if we get some crazy warm spell next week!
    6'4"

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    WTF?

So in the winter time the upper midwest and Alaska tend to share the same relationship with the Arctic Jet Stream.

Usually what the weather is in Anchorage Alaska is what moves across the continent to us in 7-10 days. Right now it's friggin' 41 degrees in Ankorage!

It's not always the case that it works that way, it's just a rule of thumb... So lets see if we get some crazy warm spell next week!
    Damn that's messed up. I just spent 5 days camping in 20-30 mph winds and lows in the upper 20's in West Texas. We burned an entire forest of dried dead trees from the lake level drop. Sure was nice having an unlimited supply of insanely flammable firewood at our disposal.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    WTF?

I certainly hope that's not the case. We're putting the big house on the lake this weekend.
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    I certainly hope that's not the case. We're putting the big house on the lake this weekend.
    Well usually if we get that much heat crossing the continent it means wind... But 41 degrees in Alaska is CRAZY... Like it will blow like a fat chick at a frat party. Because as warm air descends it expands... If there's a lot of moisture, then we'd be talking about another crazy January Rain!
    6'4"

Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Damn that's messed up. I just spent 5 days camping in 20-30 mph winds and lows in the upper 20's in West Texas. We burned an entire forest of dried dead trees from the lake level drop. Sure was nice having an unlimited supply of insanely flammable firewood at our disposal.
    This has been the least windy winter I've ever seen... Which is a strange trait for a winter. But wind is more evil than cold alone, so if it holds in this pattern... I'll take it!
    6'4"

Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Hartski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Speaking of wind, they're calling for 20 below wind chills tonight. Brrrr!

in omnia paratus

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Went with the 22... Got the Mossberg 702... Wasn't a hard choice... It was the only gun they had left... Next step up was a 12 gauge shotgun.

I had my choice of the all black display model or they had 2 pink one's in box!

Apparently they don't make them in seafoam

The only 22 ammo they had left was a 500 round box of winchester hollow points.

Apparently the fear of some total gun ban has sparked a spending spree on all guns. When we were doing the background check the sales guy said that they were working the full staff on 12 hour shifts and the only thing that was finally slowing things down was running out of stock on All but the high end guns... And now are selling used and refurbished guns!

It was kind of funny to because they have a guy walk with you down to the checkout... Just in case I was a total mad man, that 5'4" 110 pound 17 year old kid would be sure to subdue me before I could load the clip and shoot every tin can in the store!

In the end after gift cards and tax... I got the gun and the box of 500 rounds for just under $100!
    Is that the plinkster? My dad has 2 of em and has killed a truckload of stuff with them. Pretty decent accuracy. Good truck/4wheeler guns.

Hairy or Prop.. Either of you guys kill any banded birds?
    "I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JimmyJonny is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by storm1507 View Post
    Where do you fish?
    My home lake is Lake Hartwell in South Carolina.

Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Is that the plinkster? My dad has 2 of em and has killed a truckload of stuff with them. Pretty decent accuracy. Good truck/4wheeler guns.

Yeah... It's given me a whole new relationship with my recycling bin!

6'4"

Speaking of wind, they're calling for 20 below wind chills tonight. Brrrr!
    Yeah I don't get it... Forecast keeps calling for wind... But I swear it's been dead calm here day after day, week after week. Hell there is still snow in the trees from the storm 3 weeks ago.

This past summer the rain kept going just north or just south of me... Now in the winter the wind seems to keep going just north or just south of me.
    6'4"

This has been the least windy winter I've ever seen... Which is a strange trait for a winter. But wind is more evil than cold alone, so if it holds in this pattern... I'll take it!
    It's either windy as hell here or so goddamn foggy you can't see your dick to take a piss. It's been one weird winter thus far, 2 small snowfalls so I know we're gonna get hammered in January and February.

It's either windy as hell here or so goddamn foggy you can't see your dick to take a piss. It's been one weird winter thus far, 2 small snowfalls so I know we're gonna get hammered in January and February.
    To quote Phil Robertson (My Personal Tyler Durden) "A house ain't a home, unless a man can take a leak in the yard without worrying about his neighbors watching."
    6'4"

storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) storm1507 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post

Cough, cough.

My home lake is Lake Hartwell in South Carolina.
    OK, did you catch the striper there as well?
    My current log

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=158720023&p=1173746753&posted=1#post1173746753

If this (insert whatever trivial thing that is upsetting me) is the worst thing to happen today, I'm going to have a great day.

Happy New Year's, Ramblers!

in omnia paratus

To quote Phil Robertson (My Personal Tyler Durden) "A house ain't a home, unless a man can take a leak in the yard without worrying about his neighbors watching."
    I can walk out the back door of the house on the farm and rip off a bust of any of my politically incorrect weapons I like. Pissing is the least of my worries, lol.

All of these storms are tracking up the coast like they did in 2009-2010 so we're in for a snowy winter. That's OK, I just bought a skidsteer and a blower for it as well as my $500 Kubota tractor I resurrected.

I can walk out the back door of the house on the farm and rip off a bust of any of my politically incorrect weapons I like. Pissing is the least of my worries, lol.

All of these storms are tracking up the coast like they did in 2009-2010 so we're in for a snowy winter. That's OK, I just bought a skidsteer and a blower for it as well as my $500 Kubota tractor I resurrected.

I live in that same type of area.....thankfully.

I just brought my 4 wheeler back from the hunting lease. Now I just need to get the blade on front and wait for more snow.
    My current log

Bustin Mine To Save Yours TheChadster08's Avatar
    TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheChadster08 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Whats wrong with a good ole snow shovel huh?

lol fuk that.
    Leo/Military Supporter. Bustin my ass to save yours!!!!!!

Personal Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=154254571